Notices

Review: Aeros vs Wolves 12/28/2003

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Hecht

vCash: 500
Review: Aeros vs Wolves 12/28/2003

Tonight the Aeros played host to the Chicago Wolves (ATL affiliate) and here are some observations from the game.

Rickard Wallin did not play tonight as well as Derek Boogard. Ben Storey, Ed McGrane, Maxime Fortunus and Cory Morgan I believe were sent back to the Louisana Ice Gators of the ECHL.

Aeros tallied first at even strength of the first period thanks to Matt Foy on a deflection from Jeff Hoggans shot off the right face off circle.

Wanving had two nice goals for the Aeros (2nd was the GTG). He leads the team with 13 goals on the year.

At the end of the 2nd period Matt Foy was in the box serving a bench minor (too many men) and Wolves player Brandon Yarema was serving a penalty as well. When the period was over both Foy and Yarema duked it out when the penalty boxes opened. Both got 5 for fighting and game misconduct. (bad penalty by Foy because with Wallin out that reduced our offensive to 1 line)

Doug Reisbrough is the smartest man in the world for sending both Darby Hendrickson and Jason Marshall down the Aeros. (unfortunatly i have to suffer through their play) Todd McLellan still has Marshall maning the point on the power play. He can't keep the puck in their zone and had a couple of his sticks break as well. He tooka couple of bad penalties tonight one killing an aeros power play and one late in the game. On the plus side it kept Marshall off the ice thus not causing any more damage.

Hendrickson..oh what a piece of work, He won 1 face off out of about 15. Most of them he lost while on the PK. He fell down a number of times one time in particular while in overtime. he was on the point of the PK 4 on 3 Shawn Heins passed the puck into Darby's skates and hendrickson fell on his ass. It was one of the funnier moments of tonight's game.

I was pretty much afraid when they were both seen on the ice together.

Well, they played well after a slow start and I hope to see Wanvig in a Wild jersey again but doesn't look good with our depth on the wings.

Old
12-29-2003, 07:38 AM
DW

I'm pretty sure most Wild fans would agree that Darby had squeezed the most out of his 3+yrs here in MN. I thought he would be more productive in his new enviroment though. Not to say that he was going to dominate but definitely closer to 1ppg. It's stil early.

One thing that both Darby and Marshall have brought to the Aeros is some veteran leadership. Marshall being sent down has had an effect on the Aeros play of late. Both these guys seem to have good heads on there shoulders which has helped the younger players out IMO. Only a handful more to go and the Aeros would be set.

Old
12-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Boogs24

Derek played last night, he had two shots on net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
Tonight the Aeros played host to the Chicago Wolves (ATL affiliate) and here are some observations from the game.

Rickard Wallin did not play tonight as well as Derek Boogard. Ben Storey, Ed McGrane, Maxime Fortunus and Cory Morgan I believe were sent back to the Louisana Ice Gators of the ECHL.

Aeros tallied first at even strength of the first period thanks to Matt Foy on a deflection from Jeff Hoggans shot off the right face off circle.

Wanving had two nice goals for the Aeros (2nd was the GTG). He leads the team with 13 goals on the year.

At the end of the 2nd period Matt Foy was in the box serving a bench minor (too many men) and Wolves player Brandon Yarema was serving a penalty as well. When the period was over both Foy and Yarema duked it out when the penalty boxes opened. Both got 5 for fighting and game misconduct. (bad penalty by Foy because with Wallin out that reduced our offensive to 1 line)

Doug Reisbrough is the smartest man in the world for sending both Darby Hendrickson and Jason Marshall down the Aeros. (unfortunatly i have to suffer through their play) Todd McLellan still has Marshall maning the point on the power play. He can't keep the puck in their zone and had a couple of his sticks break as well. He tooka couple of bad penalties tonight one killing an aeros power play and one late in the game. On the plus side it kept Marshall off the ice thus not causing any more damage.

Hendrickson..oh what a piece of work, He won 1 face off out of about 15. Most of them he lost while on the PK. He fell down a number of times one time in particular while in overtime. he was on the point of the PK 4 on 3 Shawn Heins passed the puck into Darby's skates and hendrickson fell on his ass. It was one of the funnier moments of tonight's game.

I was pretty much afraid when they were both seen on the ice together.

Well, they played well after a slow start and I hope to see Wanvig in a Wild jersey again but doesn't look good with our depth on the wings.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:57 AM
GaborikRules10!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
Glad to Hear Darby's playing soo good in Houston....LoL

Closed Thread