HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Tootoo tonight

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2003, 11:20 PM
  #26
Mack
Registered User
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
that was subject to debate. of course...avs fans thought it was clean...preds fans(myself included) saw blakes stick connect with AJ's forehead. at least he's finally on the verge of coming back...and it's not like we haven't been playing well without him

ooooh that hit. that was clean.

Mack is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 06:58 AM
  #27
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
ooooh that hit. that was clean.

My thoughts on the Blake hit. If Blake hadn't knocked AJ out for 30 games, someone or something else would have. The hit looked 'OK' so I'm not going to complain about that.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 01:45 PM
  #28
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,570
vCash: 500
I was pretty close to the hit when it happened, and the hands were definitely high. I don't know if the stick caught him or what.....The puck was there, so it wasn't interference. Blake just turned around and smacked him. Close call. It looked illegal to me, but I didn't get to see a replay as I was at the game.

Enoch is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 05:44 PM
  #29
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 9,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He doesn't get called for penalties because the refs deem his hits illegal

ya......and we all know how good NHL reff'ing is.......

bb_fan is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 06:31 PM
  #30
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by nomorekids
that was subject to debate. of course...avs fans thought it was clean...preds fans(myself included) saw blakes stick connect with AJ's forehead. at least he's finally on the verge of coming back...and it's not like we haven't been playing well without him
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


thanks for the quick summary, doesn't sound that great, but also sounds like the premise of the hit was clean and blake's stick just got up by accident ?. so a little overexuberance from blake i suppose, i'd have to see the hit to make a real comment on it..

andora is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 06:39 PM
  #31
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by nomorekids
that was subject to debate. of course...avs fans thought it was clean...preds fans(myself included) saw blakes stick connect with AJ's forehead. at least he's finally on the verge of coming back...and it's not like we haven't been playing well without him
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


thanks for the quick summary, doesn't sound that great, but also sounds like the premise of the hit was clean and blake's stick just got up by accident ?. so a little overexuberance from blake i suppose, i'd have to see the hit to make a real comment on it..

what happened, exactly...tootoo lays a hit on sakic...one of his trademark, no one really sees it coming hits and sakic gets crushed against the boards and goes down, a bit slow to get up. moore immediately goes after tootoo, but can't catch up immediately, and when he does a penalty is called. around that time...legwand, johansson and blake are in the corner...blake lashes out to smash legwand...who sees it coming and spins out of the way in time. IMMEDIATELY, blake turns toward johansson, and cross checks him in the face, catching him completely off guard. he goes down, and doesn't move for about 5 minutes. it was pretty clearly a retaliatory thing, which i guess i understand..it just sucks that the preds lose their top scorer in the process.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-26-2003, 12:40 PM
  #32
jackets63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Don't be so sure. He has absolutely rocked guys like Klesla (multiple), Martinek, Poapst, Fischer...the list goes on and on and on. He hasn't received a charging penalty (or a roughing for that matter). He doesn't get called for penalties because the refs deem his hits illegal; he gets charged for penalties because of extracurricular activities.

These illegal hits that so many of his detractors have complained about have not been called. In fact, the NHL has gone so far as to say the hits are legal. Sounds like sour grapes from some fans of teams he punished.
Im still waiting to see a Tootoo check that isnt a charge (ie, where he doesnt leave his feet.) Just because he doesnt get called, doesnt mean its really a clean hit.

jackets63 is offline  
Old
12-26-2003, 12:46 PM
  #33
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Im still waiting to see a Tootoo check that isnt a charge (ie, where he doesnt leave his feet.) Just because he doesnt get called, doesnt mean its really a clean hit.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-26-2003, 01:01 PM
  #34
jackets63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Thats your rebuttal?

Anyway, as someone said, I am glad that there is finally someone out there who is making an effort to bring hitting back to the game. I just think that they need to start calling it when he makes an illegal hit.

jackets63 is offline  
Old
12-26-2003, 01:08 PM
  #35
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Thats your rebuttal?

Anyway, as someone said, I am glad that there is finally someone out there who is making an effort to bring hitting back to the game. I just think that they need to start calling it when he makes an illegal hit.
it's as much rebuttal as i think it deserves. i've seen...maybe one or two hits from tootoo this year that i, objectively, thought were even questionable. most of the hits were, like the martinek hit, legal...but don't appear so at first glance because he hits so hard that he leaves his feet AFTER the hit, carried by his momentum. i just don't think it's an accurate statement, or even close.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
12-26-2003, 02:06 PM
  #36
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
what happened, exactly...tootoo lays a hit on sakic...one of his trademark, no one really sees it coming hits and sakic gets crushed against the boards and goes down, a bit slow to get up. moore immediately goes after tootoo, but can't catch up immediately, and when he does a penalty is called. around that time...legwand, johansson and blake are in the corner...blake lashes out to smash legwand...who sees it coming and spins out of the way in time. IMMEDIATELY, blake turns toward johansson, and cross checks him in the face, catching him completely off guard. he goes down, and doesn't move for about 5 minutes. it was pretty clearly a retaliatory thing, which i guess i understand..it just sucks that the preds lose their top scorer in the process.

ahh.. ok that is a much better explanation. agreed, on one hand don't retaliate like a ***** and cross check, but on the other hand, retaliation is expected..

lovely game eh? :p

andora is offline  
Old
12-26-2003, 02:40 PM
  #37
smashviller
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
ya......and we all know how good NHL reff'ing is.......
psshh..yeah, really.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.