HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How Loud Was Scotia Bank Place Yesterday

Old
05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 500
How Loud Was Scotia Bank Place Yesterday

I wanted to know your guys opinion on how loud the bank was yesterday. Was it louder then the game 7 of the ECF against new jersey?

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 09:38 PM
HF2002

I was at both.

I'll vote that at the end of each game, by comparison, yesterday's was way louder.

Failing that, you're sol. It's been too long.

HF2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 09:39 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15HEATLEY View Post
I wanted to know your guys opinion on how loud the bank was yesterday. Was it louder then the game 7 of the ECF against new jersey?
No but it's getting there. It was still etremly loud and that crowd was amazing all night and the noise was craaaazy at the start of the game. That game 7 against NJ was the most noise I have ever heard in a sports event in my life , it was something that I have been waiting to be matched for a long time. The nosie will reach an all time high and in my opinion louder than Edmonton and Carolina in the final. The noise is just reaching it's peak. It's getting nutz!!

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Answer

Disappointing!!!

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 06:39 AM
dpw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
No but it's getting there. It was still etremly loud and that crowd was amazing all night and the noise was craaaazy at the start of the game. That game 7 against NJ was the most noise I have ever heard in a sports event in my life , it was something that I have been waiting to be matched for a long time. The nosie will reach an all time high and in my opinion louder than Edmonton and Carolina in the final. The noise is just reaching it's peak. It's getting nutz!!

I think the game against buffalo in 97 tops all. Last game of the season when Ducheine (sp) scored to get us in the PO for the first time, I thought the roof was gona cave in that last 4 minutes.

The noise after the Arvedson goal in game 7 of the 03 ECF was similar.

dpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 08:17 AM
bastone

If we can get the 1st goal tonight,it will probably be the loudest ever and especially if we can win this one tonight.

bastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Papa Lazarou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT P1ayA View Post
Disappointing!!!
I don't understand these "didn't sound that loud on the TV" comments. Do you all realize that you have to be there and had to be in other arenas in equally important games to gauge the difference. Even then, the shape of the arena and acoustics that go with it can influence this perception. You would need a decibel meter to compare. It depends where they put the microphones in the arena, how many and how high the TV people allow the sound to get, heaven forbid they don't want to drown out the musings of Messrs Cole and Neale.

Papa Lazarou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Papa Lazarou*

Loudest moment in a game I have been to was when Smolinski got the 6-5 goal in game 1 vs Buffalo last year, the place was shaking...

Papa Lazarou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 09:13 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw View Post
I think the game against buffalo in 97 tops all. Last game of the season when Ducheine (sp) scored to get us in the PO for the first time, I thought the roof was gona cave in that last 4 minutes.

The noise after the Arvedson goal in game 7 of the 03 ECF was similar.
I was at the game when Duchesne scored and the place was rockin! I was also in attendance for the 1-0 OT win against Buffalo in the playoffs that year. The noise was unbelievable when Alfie scored, so loud I couldn't hear myself think.

Of course, I'm not attending games this year due to geographical location so I cannot compare the noise of then to now. It just felt good to think of those memories.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
Loudest moment in a game I have been to was when Smolinski got the 6-5 goal in game 1 vs Buffalo last year, the place was shaking...
That was loud but nowhere near the top of my list for most noise at SBP.

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote