HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Buffalo/Chicago

Old
05-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsville View Post
As Stuy(Wirtzsucks) said Vanek or nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks View Post
Vanek or not interested.
Funny guys you are.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Snowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooooodman View Post
Afinogenov CAN create a buzz.

In fact, he'd get the arena going whenever he's got the puck rushing out of the d-end.

He's exciting.

This trade would leave:

Vrbata-Roy-Havlat
Rutuu-Toews-Afinogenov

That's a rather solid top 6. Hell, sign a banging power forward for that top LW spot, too (Hartnell)

And if Buffalo keeps Drury:

Vanek-Connolly-Pominville
Hecht-Drury-Kotalik

In the top 6. The fourth line center is still manned by Goose, and Buffalo signs a two way center (or trades for one, using Spacek/Kalinin as bait )
I'm not so sure I would agree with that first statement. Afinogenov certainly has his brilliant moments, but he definitely does a disappearing act on a regular basis as well. If you need proof just look at these playoffs. He was benched for stretches a gainst the Islanders, was a healthy scratch against the Rangers and has been MIA for the majority of the current series against the Senators. Not exactly the leader type the Hawks covet.

If I'm trading the number 1 overall pick I want a stud who can throw the team on his back and carry them. Now I know teams don't give those type of players away willingly, but if a team is up against the cap and has to make room, then you just may find that player, especially if you have the first pick to bargain with.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 09:10 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
I'm not so sure I would agree with that first statement. Afinogenov certainly has his brilliant moments, but he definitely does a disappearing act on a regular basis as well. If you need proof just look at these playoffs. He was benched for stretches a gainst the Islanders, was a healthy scratch against the Rangers and has been MIA for the majority of the current series against the Senators. Not exactly the leader type the Hawks covet.
A - He's getting over a wrist injury that set him back quite a bit, hence his subpar performance.

B - He has worn the A several times for Buffalo and is reputed to be quite a vocal person in the locker room.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 11:45 AM
bullsville

Send a message via MSN to bullsville
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst233 View Post
Funny guys you are.
At least we are less stupid than Wirtz

bullsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 02:48 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Expecting a SC/AO player back is crazy IMO. Just as thinking that Afinigonov & a 2nd gets it done as well.
I'm not saying that they're going to get that kind of player back.

What I'm saying the only way that they're going to deal the pick away is if a player of a comparable talent, or somewhat close is in the deal.

Quote:
I realize that there isn't a "generational" talent available in this years draft, but that doesnt' mean that the Hawks would be willing to move the pick for two years of an enigmatic Afinigonov and a 2nd round DP either. It's very possible that Kane turns into a "Paul Kariya in his prime", and that chance is MUCH more valuable IMO than 2 years of MA. You try to build your franchise around someone like Kane (or JVR), and I don't think that anyone is thinking that MA is a guy you build a team around.
I'm not the one saying they'd move the pick for Afinogenov.

The Hawks would move that pick for a difference maker. Afinogenov is not a difference maker as much as he is a complimentary player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
It is not that far fetched that a team in cap trouble may be willing to trade a first liner for a future first liner in Kane.
Like who?

Quote:
Buffalo would not make a good trading partner in that case unless they want to trade Vanek to keep Briere and Drury in the long run and get a Kane + Ruutu type of return.
Even if Buffalo was willing to do that, I don't think Chicago would make that trade.

Quote:
A team like Tampa would make a good partner if they are looking to trade Vinny or Richards for cap reasons.
1. Why would a team like Chicago trade for a player that is highly paid like that?

2. Richards or St. Louis would go before Vinny. Vinny is the franchise.

The bottom line is that Chicago will not be taking any picks, prospects, defensemen or bottom 6 forwards in ANY trade this summer unless it is a lateral cap type move or minor deal.

Quote:
Anyone that thinks Chicago needs junk picks or prospects is much more foolish than someone who thinks Chicago needs a Vanek type player.
Junk picks or prospects? What are you talking about?

This is not a junk pick/prospect, this is a 1st overall pick, and if I'm a rebuilding team, I don't trade that kind of talent away unless it's in a package to get an Ovechkin/Crosby type of player, and the teams that have those kinds of players are not going to give that up, as it's a backwards move for the team giving up that player.

There's just no sense of doing it for Chicago. They just signed Toews, and even if they were to trade the pick... why not let the kid develop, and then trade him once you can get more value for him when he's at the NHL level. Maybe by then, it will be for the last piece to a cup run.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote