HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This line sounds good too me...

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2003, 09:00 PM
Rooks Oilers

vCash: 500
This line sounds good too me...

Listening to JUST A GAME right now and they are saying that the new line at practice today was:

Ryan Smyth , Adam Oates , Brad Isbister

I like it ..............what do you guys/gals think?

Last edited by Rooks Oilers: 12-22-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old
12-22-2003, 09:12 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Oilers
Listening to JUST A GAME right now and they are saying that the new line at practice today was:

Ryan Smyth , Adam Oates , Brad Isbister

I like it ..............what do you guys/gals think?
Does that mean one of Hemskey or Dvorak is no longer in the top two lines? I don't like the sounds of that. I would have prefered these top two lines:

Smyth-York-Hemskey
Isbister-Oates-Dvorak

Still, I hope that new line will jump start those three guys. They have been weak so far (who hasn't lately?) Maybe, though, continuity is more necessary than trying to shake things up. Lines need time to build chemistry.

Last edited by The Rage: 12-22-2003 at 10:15 PM.
Old
12-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Rooks Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Does that mean one of Hemskey or Dvorak is no loner in the top two lines? I don't like the sounds of that. I would have prefered these top two lines:

Smyth-York-Hemskey
Isbister-Oates-Dvorak

Still, I hoping that new line will jump start those three guys. They have been weak so far (who hasn't lately?) Maybe, though, continuity is more necessary than trying to shake things up. Lines need time to build chemistry.
I don't know who the other lines were, they just mentioned that one.
Maybe York, Dvo and Hemmer?
Another thing too is that I hope MacT leaves his lines TOGETHER for a full game! I sick of seeing all these different line combos!

Old
12-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Sportsnet mentioned that Moreau has a shoulder injury and is doubtful. I'm not sure if they said questionable or doubtful but I think they said doubtful.

12-22-2003, 09:37 PM
oilersrule14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Does that mean one of Hemskey or Dvorak is no loner in the top two lines? I don't like the sounds of that.
I don't know what the second line is, but MacT mentioned on Global Sports (I think..I was flipping through the channels at the time) that they might put Dvorak in a checking role to get him going.

Old
12-22-2003, 10:17 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrule14
I don't know what the second line is, but MacT mentioned on Global Sports (I think..I was flipping through the channels at the time) that they might put Dvorak in a checking role to get him going.
Putting him in a checking role will get him going? Each succesive day, MacT seems to have greater and greater problems with logic.

Old
12-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Cerebral

I really like the sounds of that top line with Smyth, Oates and Isbister.. I personally think Oates is going to start getting hot really soon and have a couple multi-point nights! Hopefully he can get Izzy on a nice scoring streak.. no one should be losing hope yet, if we win a few games in a row we'll be staring right at a playoff spot! I might be too optimistic for some of you but I still believe in this team and think they can still slide into the 6-8 spot in the west!

Old
12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Unless Brad suddenly realizes he's supposed to go to the net with power, not much is gonna happen.

Old
12-23-2003, 03:57 AM
Oiltalk

I was wondering if MacT would ever make up this line. Isbister plays better on the RW and probably has the best shot out of the guys, but still has to learn when to shoot, and how to get into the right position.

Old
12-23-2003, 06:57 AM
sidelines

vCash:
At Oilfans, someone mentioned what the top 3 lines are going to look like.

Smyth - Oates - Isbister
Torres - York - Hemsky
Pisani - Horcoff - Dvorak
Chimera - Stoll - Laraque

Dvorak with Horcoff and Pisani?

Old
12-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Big T

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname_brand
At Oilfans, someone mentioned what the top 3 lines are going to look like.

Smyth - Oates - Isbister
Torres - York - Hemsky
Pisani - Horcoff - Dvorak
Chimera - Stoll - Laraque

Dvorak with Horcoff and Pisani?

I don't mind that so much, as Horcoff and Stoll being on the wrong lines. As for Izzy on the right side, I think that's perfect.

I wonder of Dvo might be better on the left side, as he's a RH shot. He might be able to get in scoring position a little more often on his off wing.

T

Old
12-23-2003, 01:06 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I really like the sounds of that top line with Smyth, Oates and Isbister.. I personally think Oates is going to start getting hot really soon and have a couple multi-point nights! Hopefully he can get Izzy on a nice scoring streak.. no one should be losing hope yet, if we win a few games in a row we'll be staring right at a playoff spot! I might be too optimistic for some of you but I still believe in this team and think they can still slide into the 6-8 spot in the west!
Since Izzy has come to Edmonton how many scoreing streaks has he been on. He has played with all the top forwards with only 4 goals to show for it. Not only that he has been playing on the power play also. We are paying him 2 mill a year and are makeing all sorts of excuses why he is not performing well. It's time to face the fact that he is not what we expected. Trade him for a pick or anything.

Old
12-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Since Izzy has come to Edmonton how many scoreing streaks has he been on. He has played with all the top forwards with only 4 goals to show for it. Not only that he has been playing on the power play also. We are paying him 2 mill a year and are makeing all sorts of excuses why he is not performing well. It's time to face the fact that he is not what we expected. Trade him for a pick or anything.

IMO Isbister has been playing well lately, though stats don't show this. The Oilers NEED a guy like Isbister out on the ice. But he need 1-2 line time to be effective.

Closed Thread