HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

zeroes/heroes so far this season

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 01:09 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
zeroes/heroes so far this season

ive been here a short time but i can see theres alot of hockey knowlegde in here, i would really like to know who your heroes and zeroes are so far THIS season this includes players from our roster, our prospects, our coaching staff, and our management
heres mine
heroes: // ryder he unexpectadly helped our team in scoring from the beginning. nowhere to go but up
// souray what can you say that hasnt been said already
// bulis just awsome two way player. clutch player. 4gw's
// ribeiro for his offensive contributions.
// bresbois for proving us wrong about him.played steady all year so far.leads our team in +/-.
// begin=heart
// langdon for doing his roll on the team.
// cj for developing our players, and creating a system. sum bad moves but his good moves over shadow his bad ones by a huge margin.
// bg for doing it his way. a proven hockey man. he'll do whats right for the team when its right, stay patient bg.
// theo our biggest heroe, thanx for comming back to your real form.
// b. gratton for playing well enough in the ahl to get called up to the big show, a pure example to the baby habs.
zeroes: // rivet for not knowing his role.
// joe juneau for playing half assed.
// sundstrom for playing half assed.
// perreault for playing half assed.
// audette i hope its not your fualt you play like that.

Old
12-21-2003, 02:01 PM
#44_delivers

forgot one zeroes: dackell to many golden oppertunities he failed

Old
12-21-2003, 02:16 PM
tinyzombies

Not that many zeroes. If you mean players you expect more from...

Markov: He's just starting to hit his stride tho...

Otherwise, I think everyone is playing to their level or higher, considering injuries and playing time.

Old
12-21-2003, 02:52 PM
HCH

Heroes:

Sundstrom and Dackell for maintaining a plus 3 rating despite playing against the top lines from the other teams and continuing to improve their penalty killing efforts. They work hard at both ends of the ice, keep their opponents off balance and create some scoring chances. It's true they don't capitalize that often... but I like what they bring to the rink every night.

There are many others... but these two don't seem to get the accolades they deserve. In fact some think they are zeroes.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
zeroes: // rivet for not knowing his role.
What is Rivet's role?

At the start of the 02/03 season he was paired with Markov. At the time Markov was our most inexperienced d-man, having played a total of 119 NHL games. Markov responded with the best hockey of his young career.

Rivet was chosen to represent Canada at the World Championships last spring, and was paired with Jay Bouwmeester, the most inexperienced d-man on the Canadian roster (82 NHL games).

This year, Rivet is again paired with our most inexperienced defenseman in Francis Bouillon (151 NHL games). Oftentimes I see Rivet directing Bouillon towards his position during play. (I have seen all but two games this year.)

Rivet and Markov were paired together early in the season, but Markov played poorly, and is just now beginning to hit his stride. Was his poor play Rivet's fault? Is it any coincidence that Markov has played poorly when he was only dressed for one (the final one) exhibition game? Is he playing hurt?

Again I ask, what is Rivet's role? He was placed on the powerplay, where he doesn't belong, and was the subject of much criticism here. Maybe he was put on the PP because our offensive defenseman Patrice Brisebois has zero goals in over 12 months.

Rivet wears the "A", as he is seen by some as a player with leadership capabilities. He's rugged and defends his mates. He makes mistakes, but he's a warrior. He's constantly paired with inexperienced partners. He isn't a zero.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Habber

I don't think it's fair to say Juneau has been playing half-assed. He gives 100% every game, unfortunately his 100% isn't very good on some nights. But it's not due a lack of effort, it's due to diminished skills and skating ability. Having said that he's still been one of most consistent players all year long and his line has been the best on the team on many occasions this year.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:58 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
I don't think it's fair to say Juneau has been playing half-assed. He gives 100% every game, unfortunately his 100% isn't very good on some nights. But it's not due a lack of effort, it's due to diminished skills and skating ability. Having said that he's still been one of most consistent players all year long and his line has been the best on the team on many occasions this year.
I disagree, I think Juneau is just injured. And he's playing well for that fact too.

I'd like to see a bit more from Komisarek, but he's a big man and he will take time. I'm willing to give him another year or two even.

Old
12-21-2003, 05:14 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
you maybe right about this one, he's been doing good on the pk too. my bad
// to joe malone// / about rivet ive watched alote of games this year too, and ive seen him make enuff mistakes in our end, and not finishing his checks, hes also taken sum horrid penalties at bad times. im sorry but i stik by calling him a zero.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:11 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
you maybe right about this one, he's been doing good on the pk too. my bad
// to joe malone// / about rivet ive watched alote of games this year too, and ive seen him make enuff mistakes in our end, and not finishing his checks, hes also taken sum horrid penalties at bad times. im sorry but i stik by calling him a zero.
I think Rivet has played very well for several weeks now. I disagree again. The guy who is hurting us is Quintal.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Blackshad

Rivet/audette are playing bad.

Markov doesnt play like he should play but i think he is just ahaving a bad year.

Zednik is IMO a 25 goal scorer so he is having an average year.

Bulis will have a good year.

Souray = wow

Ryder = wow

Bouillon is better than what i was thinking.

i'm very happy for the Bégin/langton pick-up.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:19 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
Heroes:

Sundstrom and Dackell for maintaining a plus 3 rating despite playing against the top lines from the other teams and continuing to improve their penalty killing efforts. They work hard at both ends of the ice, keep their opponents off balance and create some scoring chances. It's true they don't capitalize that often... but I like what they bring to the rink every night.

There are many others... but these two don't seem to get the accolades they deserve. In fact some think they are zeroes.

Old
12-22-2003, 11:38 AM
jonny5

Great surprises in Souray and in Ryder, both definitely in the hero catagory. But, with a few exceptions, the team is really playing some of the best entertaining hockey in recent years. It sure is nice to know that at the start of each and every game you know that the Habs have a chance to win. Helluva feeling to have back after the last few years.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
// bresbois for proving us wrong about him.played steady all year so far.leads our team in +/-.
how come the team plays so well without him ?

Old
12-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
// theo our biggest heroe, thanx for comming back to your real form.
add a very forward who can score (Hejduk) and put Garon in the net and the Habs would have a better record ... Théodore is fine but I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that he saved the club and all that ... because look at the number of games he won by himself and that even Garon could not have won that game ... not too many

Old
12-22-2003, 06:13 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
add a very forward who can score (Hejduk) and put Garon in the net and the Habs would have a better record ... Théodore is fine but I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that he saved the club and all that ... because look at the number of games he won by himself and that even Garon could not have won that game ... not too many
theo imo is awsome, i saw most games this year and he's been plaing sum solid goal. im more impressed though by his rebound from lastyear he's playing great, and i feel he's a pure clutch goalie we make the playoffs he'll have a alote to do with it. id rather have theo than hejduk in my team anyday especialy in the playoffs i hope to god we get there.

Old
12-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Rahan

Quote:
how come the team plays so well without him ?
What, are you even watching the games? The team was playing "so well" with him, too. Are you a troll? Second post you make that makes me think you're only posting to get some flaming going..

Old
12-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to say Juneau has been playing half-assed. He gives 100% every game, unfortunately his 100% isn't very good on some nights.
Joe Juneau has never known what it's like in his hockey career to give 100%. He was hungrier back then with the Bruins but still... he's one of the laziest NHLer to have had a long NHL career.

Seeing him with a letter on his jersey made me want to throw up. You know the tradition is really beginning to weaken when such a hack has a letter. Worst Habs ever to have a letter. By FAR.

I wouldn't trust him to lead the woman's hockey team from Japan.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:38 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 50
No way Perrault is a zero , given to his ice time and his linesmates he does his job quite well . Even if he played some game on the 2nd line and 4th line he was our best scorer at some point this year . As for Juneau he don't really belong anywhere he's just a random guy out there like Dackell or Sundstrom .

And he played a couple of his best game as a Habs this year and shown more desire and defensive awarness IMO .

Hero :

Theodore , Koivu , Souray , Ryder , Bulis , Brisebois , Ribeiro , Dagenais , Begin .

Zero :

Audette , Kilger , Hossa ( for his poor play in the 'A' 5pts in 11games )

Old
12-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
theo imo is awsome, i saw most games this year and he's been plaing sum solid goal. im more impressed though by his rebound from lastyear he's playing great, and i feel he's a pure clutch goalie we make the playoffs he'll have a alote to do with it. id rather have theo than hejduk in my team anyday especialy in the playoffs i hope to god we get there.
what's a clutch goalie ? someone who gets score 5 goals against the best team when his team needs him the most ? or someone who's alright and gives you a chance to win against the Penguins, Sabres, Predators and those .500 teams

Old
12-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Mike8

Quote:
what's a clutch goalie ? someone who gets score 5 goals against the best team when his team needs him the most ? or someone who's alright and gives you a chance to win against the Penguins, Sabres, Predators and those .500 teams
Regular season isn't clutch-time unless it's down the stretch, needing to make the playoffs. This is when Theodore was clutch two years ago, and he was clutch throughout the playoffs. Toss out all the numbers you want, but Theodore was phenominal in the playoffs and down the stretch for the Habs.

My heroes and zeros at this point...

Heroes - Montreal Canadiens

Zeros - FSU Seminoles and all the other trolls looking to degrade Koivu, Theodore and other Habs in order to put their precious Ribeiro et al on a pedestal.

Old
12-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Regular season isn't clutch-time unless it's down the stretch, needing to make the playoffs. This is when Theodore was clutch two years ago, and he was clutch throughout the playoffs. Toss out all the numbers you want, but Theodore was phenominal in the playoffs and down the stretch for the Habs.
What ???? one series !!! he was more than ugly against the Canes in the second round, and he had 2 excellent games and 2 bad games against the Bruins - that's what you call clutch ?????? how' bout Giguère last year ? that's what I call clutch

Quote:
Zeros - FSU Seminoles and all the other trolls looking to degrade Koivu, Theodore and other Habs in order to put their precious Ribeiro et al on a pedestal.
okay I'm sorry, Koivu is so great and deserves to play in front a frigin exciting player who can score and pass ... and by the way Koivu never had 25 goal season ... Théodore will bring the cup back because he's so great ... always on his knees and everytime he gets scored a bad goal that's never his fault ....

Old
12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Mike8

Quote:
What ???? one series !!! he was more than ugly against the Canes in the second round, and he had 2 excellent games and 2 bad games against the Bruins - that's what you call clutch ?????? how' bout Giguère last year ? that's what I call clutch
He was fine against Carolina. He had one bad game where the Canes lit him up, but no one on the Habs showed up. It was a shooting gallery.

Get game tapes of the Bruins series, and re-read my post and realize I referred to the last half of the season.

Old
12-22-2003, 08:27 PM
CHareth

Quote:
okay I'm sorry, Koivu is so great and deserves to play in front a frigin exciting player who can score and pass ... and by the way Koivu never had 25 goal season ...
Ribeiro has never had 25 goals in his 150-game career. But yes he is "a frigin [sic] exciting player who can score and pass" ...

Old
12-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
He was fine against Carolina. He had one bad game where the Canes lit him up, but no one on the Habs showed up. It was a shooting gallery.
hehe again ... when he's real bad this is what people say ... oh the team didn't show up ... or ... ah the puck deflected on Markov ... ah he won so many games, that's normal that he sucks once in a while ... and as soon as Garon gives up a bad goal, it's the end of the world just like after the game against the Flyers where he played an excellent game and all people said after that game was that he gave up a bad goal, but they forgot to mention that he plays against the better teams and that he's in the net once every 2 weeks

Old
12-23-2003, 06:02 AM
Rahan

1 MIKE RIBEIRO MON C 34 6 19 25
2 SAKU KOIVU MON C 22 6 11 17

Mike Ribeiro has 0.733 Point Per Game and Koivu has now 0.773 Point Per Game. People saying Ribeiro is the best and that Koivu can't rack the points or score should get a clue, once again. Are you wearing horseblinds or what? (if that's how it's called..)

Closed Thread