HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

What do we upgrade?

Old
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
What do we upgrade?

What do you guys feel is the area of the team we need to upgrade the most?

Do we need to upgrade our defense? Do we need to upgrade our scorers? Do we need to upgrade our grinders? Coaching? Or do we need no upgrades?

I know its probably a combination of areas, but what do we need to upgrade the most?

I personally feel like we need to upgrade our grinders / 4th liners. Perhaps some bigger, two-way guys.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 10:07 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I think we need more players with grit that can actually play on the top 3 lines without looking out of place. And I think we need another player with a game similar to Shea Weber minus the offense.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
DocMcKay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
What do you guys feel is the area of this board we need to upgrade the most?
I think we need to upgrade our moderators

Just playing guys

DocMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I think we need more players with grit that can actually play on the top 3 lines without looking out of place. And I think we need another player with a game similar to Shea Weber minus the offense.
Taylor Pyatt & Scott Hannan you say ? ... those would be two nice pickups along with the players we have now

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
RaiderDoug

Defense.

Too many rookie mistakes, too many times we could not clear the zone and transition to breakout.

I want to see a big, physical defenseman that we can put out there against the opposition's top line. I agree, we need another Shea Weber type (who doesnt), but we dont really need the offensive package that goes with it. What about Nick Boynton, there's rumors that PHX wants to move him.

I feel that our top two lines of Sully, Arnott, and Dumont and Rads, Legwand, and Erat should be enough to score enough goals to win almost every night.

I also agree that we need to upgrade our grinding line. Bringing Hartnell back, and pairing him with Nichol and then signing another similar player should provide the edge and a bit of scoring that our third line needs.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I'd like to see more defensive-minded grit on the 4th line. A guy like Mike Fisher on Ottawa. Great forechecking, decent to good faceoff guy, penalty killer, but also great hands. If you think about it, there is a need to upgrade our grinders to compliment the talented top lines.

Do also need a more experienced larger and stronger d-man to help mentor our young corps.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
AdsSabresRule

Pyatt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Taylor Pyatt & Scott Hannan you say ? ... those would be two nice pickups along with the players we have now
That kids a bruiser who can play. But, I felt like I was the only guy upset when the Sabres let him go...

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
it is really sad that we should even have to consider upgrading our scoring lines.

definetly have to upgrade the Fiddler, Nichol, Smithsons.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Jarnberg

I know that Kariya disappointed us in the playoffs, but its going to be hard for us to make up his regular season points with our current roster.

Old
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I know that Kariya disappointed us in the playoffs, but its going to be hard for us to make up his regular season points with our current roster.
You don't think with the way Radulov played down the stretch and what he showed ... he can replace Kariya ?

Old
04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
You don't think with the way Radulov played down the stretch and what he showed ... he can replace Kariya ?
I think Radulov should have a great season next season. However, I don't think he'll put up 76 points. He'll probably pass Kariya in goals, but he will not put up that many assists. I think part of his jump came from playing with Forsberg too.

Old
04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I think Radulov should have a great season next season. However, I don't think he'll put up 76 points. He'll probably pass Kariya in goals, but he will not put up that many assists. I think part of his jump came from playing with Forsberg too.
I'm just not on the Kariya bandwagon ... we need to spend that money better ... aka "retooling our bottom 6" & "improving our defense" ... that's 4 mil way too much

Old
04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Jarnberg

I understand the need to retool our bottom 6 and making some changes to the blue line. All I'm pointing out is that we will have a hard time replacing Kariya's points. We cannot assume that Radulov will put up similar points. We're all a bit sour on some of our guys right now, especially Kariya who hasn't played that well for a while now.

Getting someone to replace his points would cost money and likely change what we do with the defense and bottom 6.

Old
04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I understand the need to retool our bottom 6 and making some changes to the blue line. All I'm pointing out is that we will have a hard time replacing Kariya's points. We cannot assume that Radulov will put up similar points. We're all a bit sour on some of our guys right now, especially Kariya who hasn't played that well for a while now.

Getting someone to replace his points would cost money and likely change what we do with the defense and bottom 6.
shall I post how many games down the stretch he was a no show in ? ... in his last 18 games of the season (including playoffs) ... he rocked out with his **** out with 8 points 1 ****in' goal & a robust -10

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...59426&tab=gbgt

Old
04-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
shall I post how many games down the stretch he was a no show in ? ... in his last 18 games of the season (including playoffs) ... he rocked out with his **** out with 8 points 1 ****in' goal & a robust -10

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...59426&tab=gbgt
I'm well aware of Kariya's late season struggles, perhaps you should look over my post again. Wait, I'll save you the trouble:

Quote:
We're all a bit sour on some of our guys right now, especially Kariya who hasn't played that well for a while now.
Again, I know Kariya didn't have a good stretch after the All Star break. However, simply whining about that and posting stats doesn't solve our problem of how we're going to make up Kariya's points. Perhaps 7-8 guys play lights out and get 10 more points each, who knows (unlikely). Perhaps we grab a cheaper guy who doesn't put up Kariya's points but does decent and other guys step up (more likely). But that further limits how much we can improve the other areas of the team.

Yes we have alot of areas to improve our team. But lets not forget, losing a guy like Kariya will hurt, even if he didn't play his best hockey towards the end of the year.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 04-28-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Old
04-28-2007, 07:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think you replace his numbers by using the committee system in the bottom 6. If we can get any production from role players we would be a better team.

San Jose beat us because Grier and Crow are better than Nichol and Smithson.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Radulov for Czar*

upgrade the coaching staff and make sure that Jordin effin Tootoo never sees the ice in a Predators uniform again, much less on the top line.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Nashville108*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
upgrade the coaching staff and make sure that Jordin effin Tootoo never sees the ice in a Predators uniform again, much less on the top line.
atleast he tries. You cant say that for many guys on our team.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville108 View Post
atleast he tries. You cant say that for many guys on our team.

hard to try when you are in the box for breathing on someone. or shooting a wide slapshot from the blueline whenever he touches the puck.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
We had a team of guys that tried. We missed the playoffs for five years in a row too.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 08:45 PM
predhead1

Does anyone have a list of which defensemen will be UFA this summer? I think we definitely need to get shut-down defenseman if available

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
Does anyone have a list of which defensemen will be UFA this summer? I think we definitely need to get shut-down defenseman if available
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=299042 ... look through that post

Old
04-28-2007, 09:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

If Timonen walked, Andrei Markov would be a great replacement

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
If Timonen walked, Andrei Markov would be a great replacement
NO ... Hannan or bust

Old
04-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Eaton4

My opinion in Kariya is this - we can fairly easily make the playoffs without him. We need players who will step it up in the playoffs, and Kariya hasn't. I just think that our free agent dollars can be better spent elsewhere.

Eaton4 is offline   Reply With Quote