HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Switch Ryder and Zednik

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Switch Ryder and Zednik

Zednik is not effective with Ribeiro. I don't know why exactly, but it's evident now that this is the case. Put Zed back with Saku. Ryder hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately either; maybe he'd be good on line two as a mucker for Dagenais and Ribeiro.

Something's gotta give here. Habs have played a lousy game and need to shake something up for the third. Juneau has been an embarrasment. The sooner he's gone for good the better. By my calander, that should be in 3 months less about 4 days.

Old
12-23-2003, 03:51 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Zednik is not effective with Ribeiro. I don't know why exactly, but it's evident now that this is the case. Put Zed back with Saku. Ryder hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately either; maybe he'd be good on line two as a mucker for Dagenais and Ribeiro.

Something's gotta give here. Habs have played a lousy game and need to shake something up for the third. Juneau has been an embarrasment. The sooner he's gone for good the better. By my calander, that should be in 3 months less about 4 days.
It looks like maybe the biggest problem with line two is that Ribiero is the only linemate that wants to pass the puck. It seems both Zednick and Dagenais are shooting from where ever they are standing, no matter how low of a percentage shot it may be. They are not passing to each other or Ribiero.

Old
12-23-2003, 04:10 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
and the fact that Zednik won't hussle for $HIT
Are you watching tonight? After he got clipped in the face, he was all over the rink. Slamming the Caps, taking shots, hell, he even took out a pane of glass. A Mad Zednik, Is A Good Zednik.

We need the players to talk crap about him before every game, when he's mad, he's miles ahead of every other forward not named Saku.

Old
12-23-2003, 05:34 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
no im not but thatz good news, and yes a Mad Zednik is a good Zednik
He dismantled Boston in the 02 playoffs because he was playing mad. That's the Zednik I'd like to see every night. Maybe they should poke him in the face with a stick for an hour before games.

Old
12-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Estimated_Prophet

The main problem with putting Ryder with Ribeiro and Dagenais is the fact that all 3 are below average skaters (Dagenais and Ribeiro are well below average). Zednik provides speed and solid corner work which neither Ribeiro nor Dagenais seem to be able to provide.

I beleive that Zednik is also better off playing with Koivu as he will be able to generate more chances off of the rush. Perhaps Bulis would be able to move down with Ribeiro as he would provide speed and a defensive conscience to that line.

Old
12-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Mike8

I'd dislike a move placing Ryder on the second line. I think it's important to develop a young player alongside Montreal's best player and leader. I find Ryder and Koivu are developing some chemistry, and Ryder's developing a good role on that line. That's precisely what you want from a rookie; placing them on a scoring line, seeing them improve, and produce consistently. I don't see any need to shake that up. Stability is key for youngsters.

I'd be more inclined to swap Bulis and Zednik if a chance is deemed necessary. But again, I don't think people take stability into account. After the 20-25 game mark, lines should be kept together with some consistency in my opinion. The Bulis-Koivu-Ryder line has been getting a scoring chance every second shift, and has been improving in the defensive end as well. I'd like to see them kept together.

Zednik hasn't been hustling on a consistent basis this year, but he had a very strong game tonight. Even in the last 30 seconds of the game he took a run at a Capital defenseman. That's the type of mean streak and work that you want to see from him. I found Dagenais and Zednik were both looking to pass a lot more tonight as well.

Let that line develop some chemistry before looking to make some changes.

Old
12-23-2003, 10:48 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Since our offense isn't all that good.. shouldn't we spread the offense?

Something like:

Sundström - Koivu - Ryder
Kilger - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Bulis - Gratton - Zednik
Langdon - Juneau - Dackell

I'm going with pairings... Koivu/Ryder seems to be a good one, Ribeiro/Dagenais is is doing well, Zednik/Bulis was good together in Washington and Juneau/Dackell is a good defensively responsible duo.

Thoughts?

Old
12-24-2003, 01:38 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
The main problem with putting Ryder with Ribeiro and Dagenais is the fact that all 3 are below average skaters (Dagenais and Ribeiro are well below average). Zednik provides speed and solid corner work which neither Ribeiro nor Dagenais seem to be able to provide.

I beleive that Zednik is also better off playing with Koivu as he will be able to generate more chances off of the rush. Perhaps Bulis would be able to move down with Ribeiro as he would provide speed and a defensive conscience to that line.
i prefer the idea of Bulis with Ribs and Dag..

Old
12-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I don't think people take stability into account. After the 20-25 game mark, lines should be kept together with some consistency in my opinion. The Bulis-Koivu-Ryder line has been getting a scoring chance every second shift, and has been improving in the defensive end as well. I'd like to see them kept together.
I totally agree with you. After a just a single scoreless game by the Ribs line, we should swap zed and Ryder? that's insane...

Closed Thread