HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Article about Audette in French ( sorry )

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Maithz

vCash:
Article about Audette in French ( sorry )

It has an article about Audette on RDS

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HO...N3FE898FF.html

Old
12-24-2003, 09:47 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
It has an article about Audette on RDS

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HO...N3FE898FF.html
well in this case put him on waivers than Hamilton

Old
12-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Read the comments below on the article? Especially this one:

Quote:
Serait-il possible que Sir Koivu n'aime pas Audette ? car un joueur francophone sera toujours plus aimé qu'il ne pourra jamais l'être à Montréal. De toute manière Koivu est déjà assuré d'être le plus nulle de tout les capitaines de l'histoire du Canadien, Hier soir il a encore prouvé hors de tous doutes qu'il ne pense qu'à lui.
This anti-Koivu feeling is getting out of hand. He goes on to add that Audette is getting the shaft so nobodies like Ward and Kilger can play... The media is making these debates get out of hand.

Old
12-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Les Zarbites

The sad thing is that we're supposed to be the most knowledgeable hockey fans in the world. The truth is that we are the worst fans of the world. We have the worst medias.

Old
12-24-2003, 10:31 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

This anti-Koivu feeling is getting out of hand. He goes on to add that Audette is getting the shaft so nobodies like Ward and Kilger can play... The media is making these debates get out of hand.[/QUOTE]

where did you find this article?..quite disturbing for the team

Old
12-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Read the comments below on the article? Especially this one:

This anti-Koivu feeling is getting out of hand. He goes on to add that Audette is getting the shaft so nobodies like Ward and Kilger can play... The media is making these debates get out of hand.

you broke the first rules of Hockey's Future! DON'T QUOTE OR GIVE ANY IMPORTANCE to RDS, TSN OR SLAM feedbacks!!!

Beleive me you'll be much happier if you don't read those.

Old
12-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
where did you find this article?..quite disturbing for the team
IT's not an article it's a bad comments by a bored a 10 years old boys...

I think i'll start reading Slam board and blame Montreal's and Toronto's english medias for every stupid comments.

Old
12-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
you broke the first rules of Hockey's Future! DON'T QUOTE OR GIVE ANY IMPORTANCE to RDS, TSN OR SLAM feedbacks!!!

Beleive me you'll be much happier if you don't read those.
First time ive read any comments on RDS. I thought I saw some bad stuff on some Habs boards, but nothing matches the ignorant comments I've just read there.

Old
12-24-2003, 10:43 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

This anti-Koivu feeling is getting out of hand. He goes on to add that Audette is getting the shaft so nobodies like Ward and Kilger can play... The media is making these debates get out of hand.[/QUOTE]

the person who wrote this is either:
blind
doesn't have a clue about hockey
younger than 10
had a problem with Koivu in the past
hates all players born outside of Quebec
was drunk or stoned when he wrote it

Old
12-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB

the person who wrote this is either:
blind
doesn't have a clue about hockey
younger than 10
had a problem with Koivu in the past
hates all players born outside of Quebec
was drunk or stoned when he wrote it[/QUOTE]

I think it's #3. Could be a combination of all of them.

Old
12-24-2003, 12:05 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I hate you for making me read the feedback to that article... it's beyond horrible. I have this tremendous need to kill people right now.

Last edited by Vicious: 12-25-2003 at 07:18 AM.
Old
12-24-2003, 12:44 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
First time ive read any comments on RDS. I thought I saw some bad stuff on some Habs boards, but nothing matches the ignorant comments I've just read there.
are you able to see the difference of an adult and a 10 years old boy posting ?you are not going to try to convince us of the french Propaganda issue because you read a preteen stupid comment ???

Old
12-24-2003, 12:45 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
I hate you for making me read the feedback to that article... it's beyond horrible. I have this tremendous need to kill people right now.
get a life , and let the little boy in peace ...

Old
12-24-2003, 01:08 PM
Corey

Not everyone who follows hockey is an expert on the game. Some people use it as an outlet for their malcontent, their shriveled miserable lives. They fashion a little fantasy world for themselves in which everyone lives up their own self-image. They resent outsiders who intrude upon their perception of the ideal, who uproot their utopia.

Old
12-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
are you able to see the difference of an adult and a 10 years old boy posting ?you are not going to try to convince us of the french Propaganda issue because you read a preteen stupid comment ???
I only brought up the quote to show how ridiculous some of the Habs fan base has become. We no longer support or respect our players, we do everything to bash them or run them out of town. Instead of booing Rivet the next game you go to, try cheering each time he touches the puck. The team wont get any better if half the bell center is booing a player for his efforts. Gainey doesnt make many trades, he gets the best out of his players, but it isnt going to work if we have these kinds of fans in the stands. Someone is influencing these fans, and I doubt its only the bad play of certain players, but I'm not going to point any fingers.

Old
12-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Funny they post these anti-koivu comments and they didn't post my pro-koivu comments yesterday.

A bit biased no?

Old
12-25-2003, 06:11 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I only brought up the quote to show how ridiculous some of the Habs fan base has become. We no longer support or respect our players, we do everything to bash them or run them out of town. Instead of booing Rivet the next game you go to, try cheering each time he touches the puck. The team wont get any better if half the bell center is booing a player for his efforts. Gainey doesnt make many trades, he gets the best out of his players, but it isnt going to work if we have these kinds of fans in the stands. Someone is influencing these fans, and I doubt its only the bad play of certain players, but I'm not going to point any fingers.
may be you are right , but you know , i remember when i was 10-12 years old i didn't read and didn't needthe medias to loved or to hated players of the canadians ; it was all ''natural ''

Old
12-25-2003, 06:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Wow, I didn't know that the owners won't pay the players next year if there's a hold out. It makes sense, but I wonder if it gets in the way of Audette being bought out.

Here's how I see it. Audette is signed through next year. 3M next year, and around 1.5M for the rest of this season. That's 4.5M, and 2/3 of that is 2.99M. So why buy him out at 2.99M, when you could send him to Hamilton at 1.5M, and if there's a lock out, your off the hook. If there's not a lockout, then it would cost 1.99M to buy out his final year. It's a difference of 500K, so maybe Gainey can get Audette's agent to see that Hamilton won't be a fun place to play, as Jarvis wont put up with his crap, and to take less then he could get. So how much do you think it would take to buy out le Donald? Would 2M do it? That's a lot of money, hopefully Gainey gets something done, and Ward is back in the lineup!

I thought Audette was a great pickup at the time. He was making our PP look really good, and scored some major goals in the playoffs, but over the last year and and a half, he doesn't seem to have it, and his effort on the ice in his own end has not be up to par and that has nothing to do with his injury, which was truely sad to see happen.

Don't stop there Gainey, trim away, trim away

Old
12-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
...Here's how I see it. Audette is signed through next year. 3M next year, and around 1.5M for the rest of this season. That's 4.5M, and 2/3 of that is 2.99M. So why buy him out at 2.99M, when you could send him to Hamilton at 1.5M, and if there's a lock out, your off the hook. If there's not a lockout, then it would cost 1.99M to buy out his final year. It's a difference of 500K, so maybe Gainey can get Audette's agent to see that Hamilton won't be a fun place to play, as Jarvis wont put up with his crap, and to take less then he could get. So how much do you think it would take to buy out le Donald? Would 2M do it? That's a lot of money, hopefully Gainey gets something done, and Ward is back in the lineup!...

To buyout Audette contract, isn't it pay this year's salary in full and 2/3 of next year's salary? That would make $3.5M.

IMO, Gainey has class and doesn't like disrespecting players. And since I really don't think Audette wants to go back to the AHL, Gainey's going to try his best to buy him out so Audette could possibly try his luck with another team.

Old
12-25-2003, 07:12 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
get a life , and let the little boy in peace ...

..... Learn how to read.

Old
12-25-2003, 12:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
To buyout Audette contract, isn't it pay this year's salary in full and 2/3 of next year's salary? That would make $3.5M.

IMO, Gainey has class and doesn't like disrespecting players. And since I really don't think Audette wants to go back to the AHL, Gainey's going to try his best to buy him out so Audette could possibly try his luck with another team.

Well actually the 2/3 of his contract doesn't really come into play, as the only way a deal gets done is if Audette accepts less money. But if Gainey were to buy him at 2/3 it would be based off the 3M of next year, and what he has remaining on this year. Since we are close to the half way point, it should be around 1.5M still left on his contract. So it would be around 4.5M and .66667% of that is 2.997M

Closed Thread