HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Out of all Canadian teams...

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2003, 05:04 AM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Who cares.
Ummm....the fans of the Canadian teams?

Old
12-24-2003, 05:15 AM
berney fkaj

"You're right Bryan Marchment isn't very good. The Leafs DO need to replace him in the lineup and there is time yet to do that."

Well come playoff time I would be glad to have him as my 5-6 D man, or at the very least have him hanging around the press box, just in case we play Philly, or NJ. The one thing he still does well is clear the front of the net.

Old
12-24-2003, 05:19 AM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by berney fkaj

Well come playoff time I would be glad to have him as my 5-6 D man, or at the very least have him hanging around the press box, just in case we play Philly, or NJ. The one thing he still does well is clear the front of the net.
Even though Marchment has played well of late (last 3-4 games), I'm still not convinced that he can be effective as a top six member of the defense. I agree that in a sense, I would like to have him as a 7th d-man for the playoffs.

Old
12-24-2003, 05:58 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite

Aki Berg has FINALLY emerged as a solid top 4 NHL d-man.
LOL!

I do agree that Pilar has played pretty well - my apologies. I sincerely hope Berg is part of the Leafs top 4 defensemen come playoff time.

I admire the way the Leafs are playing these days. Obviously I hope they don't keep it up but they are playing with so much heart and fire - unbelievable. I'm not one to pay the Leafs compliments but they've played the best hockey in the league so far this year and if the playoffs started today (which thankfully they don't) they would have the best chance of the Canadian teams to win the Cup.

Now, can a Leaf fan say something nice about the Senators? Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone.

Old
12-24-2003, 06:37 AM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Was'nt it the refs fault 2 years ago that the Leafs beat the Sens? I believe your captain stated that
Has it been brought up since?

No.

Old
12-24-2003, 06:40 AM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
4. Ottawa - Choked last year in the Semis against a very beatable Devils team. Did'nt start playing until game 5 and gave up too much to win series. Before the series started I picked the Sens in 4. I gave them too much credit as did alot of posters on this board before this season started. The Sens are a fast young solid team that isn't the best playoff bet "yet". You can't be a favorite having a 2nd year player centering your number 1 line. I see a defense that in a couple of years will be the talk of the league but right now is prone to making mistakes at the worst time in games. Like the Leafs they really could use a number 1 defensman as I don't think Redden is a true number 1 defenseman. They have all the pieces now just need to get the right glue to put them together. Not this year but start looking at 2005 for this team to be a constant threat deep in the playoffs. I would not do anything at trade deadline unless you can get a Nolan type leftwinger rather cheaply
Coming back from a 3-1 deficit against a team that is a powerhouse in the playoffs is constituted as choking?? I wanna here your explanation for the leafs effort in game 7 against Philly.

Old
12-24-2003, 07:04 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-sentral
Coming back from a 3-1 deficit against a team that is a powerhouse in the playoffs is constituted as choking?? I wanna here your explanation for the leafs effort in game 7 against Philly.
"Well fought battle, but the referee's blew a number of calls that turned the tides towards Philadelphia".

Closed Thread