HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Derek Roy

Old
05-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Checker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post

I'm very impressed with your thinking in making a deal for Backman. I don't want a pick. I want a player and a prospect with a profile to be a player. I would prefer Kotalik and Clarke MacArthur. (Somehow I see both big name players returning to Buffalo for another cup run and someone will be left out.) Not that Kotalik and Schutz would be my favorite deal, but the thinking of a player and a prospect.

Torres and Trukhno is also an excellent combination. I wouldn't mind seeing O'Marra added (along with the other two) in that deal and the Blues throw in a high pick or replace Schremp for Truknho and the Blues throw in a pick. Edmonton has a lot of talented center prospects.

Checker,
Kotalik has scored 15 or more goals 4 straight years. Would he benefit with more ice time on powerplay or with a Weight getting him the puck? Do we need anymore guys who can't score more than 10? We seem to think they are worth a million dollars. (Mayers, Dvorak, Drake, Hinote, Johnson, McClement, Sejna...) 7 guys 47 goals and I'm excluding the enforcer. If I can't find a better deal, then I would be willing to make it. (but I would ask for MacArthur along with Kotalik) We have got to score more goals somehow.

Torres has scored 15 or more in his past 3 years (averaging over 20) and is only 25 years old. Plus he hasn't had the benefit of being surrounded by skilled forwards like Kotalik has in Buffalo. Also Torres has power-forwardish potential. Kotalik is just kind of there, unneccessary in Buffalo, probably done improving, and that's why they're dangling him for whatever they can get. In turn, we part with our best trading chip for him? Why?

Also, McClement will have no problem being more than a 10 goal scorer under Murray as he matures, and Dvorak has had all of 1 NHL season that he failed to score 10 goals (and is an UFA that may not be back anyway).

Torres could still very well become a regular 30 goal scorer with an edge as he hits his peak years. Kotalik is just kind of a complementary player who isn't that much better than what we already have.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 04:39 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Torres has scored 15 or more in his past 3 years (averaging over 20) and is only 25 years old. Plus he hasn't had the benefit of being surrounded by skilled forwards like Kotalik has in Buffalo. Also Torres has power-forwardish potential. Kotalik is just kind of there, unneccessary in Buffalo, probably done improving, and that's why they're dangling him for whatever they can get. In turn, we part with our best trading chip for him? Why?

Also, McClement will have no problem being more than a 10 goal scorer under Murray as he matures, and Dvorak has had all of 1 NHL season that he failed to score 10 goals (and is an UFA that may not be back anyway).

Torres could still very well become a regular 30 goal scorer with an edge as he hits his peak years. Kotalik is just kind of a complementary player who isn't that much better than what we already have.
We are not in disagreement over Torres or dealing with Edmonton. I like that deal better than the Kotalik deal. I also think that Backman would be a better fit in Edmonton making them a better suitor for a deal. The Sabres need a Jackman, and he better not be going anywhere. I would like to have Torres in the note and would love to get one of their young center prospects as well. Trukhno would give us a bonifide prospect at left wing. We need depth there.

I hated to include McClement on that list. He does everything so well, but score goals. I hope he does develop into a #2 that has to be a #3, because of the Blues talent at center. (Soderburg, Berglund) Dvorak played very well and did everything, but score. I wouldn't mind if he came back. I hope at least three are removed from our roster on the "less than ten" list.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote