HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I guess we can blame julien,not rivet for this one eh!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2003, 05:41 PM
  #1
habsorhabsnot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: kirkland
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
I guess we can blame julien,not rivet for this one eh!!

Julien puts his worst defenseman (rivet) on the ice again(toronto) with less than a minute to go and he comes through again with a f####$ up play that is so routine and it costs us at least 1 point.
Say what you will, I am bashing Rivet because quite simply he deserves it.
He has lost all confidence and is a dettriment to us almost every time he gets on the ice.

TIME TO TRADE HIM AS A GIFT TO ALL HAB FANS!!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS IN MONTREAL CRAIG ITS HOPEFULLY YOUR LAST!!!

P.S MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL........YES EVEN YOU CRAIG

habsorhabsnot is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 05:46 PM
  #2
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsorhabsnot
Julien puts his worst defenseman (rivet) on the ice again(toronto) with less than a minute to go and he comes through again with a f####$ up play that is so routine and it costs us at least 1 point.
Say what you will, I am bashing Rivet because quite simply he deserves it.
He has lost all confidence and is a dettriment to us almost every time he gets on the ice.

TIME TO TRADE HIM AS A GIFT TO ALL HAB FANS!!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS IN MONTREAL CRAIG ITS HOPEFULLY YOUR LAST!!!

P.S MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL........YES EVEN YOU CRAIG
Thats the problem with our defense. When the situation is critical, we have a bunch of chokers that are scared to handle the puck because they dont want to make a mistake. Look at the good teams around the league they all have that in common. Their defense holds on the puck and never gives it away unless its the last option.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 05:58 PM
  #3
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsorhabsnot
Julien puts his worst defenseman (rivet) on the ice again(toronto) with less than a minute to go and he comes through again with a f####$ up play that is so routine and it costs us at least 1 point.
Say what you will, I am bashing Rivet because quite simply he deserves it.
He has lost all confidence and is a dettriment to us almost every time he gets on the ice.

TIME TO TRADE HIM AS A GIFT TO ALL HAB FANS!!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS IN MONTREAL CRAIG ITS HOPEFULLY YOUR LAST!!!

P.S MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL........YES EVEN YOU CRAIG

Julien had no other choice. Like I wrote elsewhere, that's the only alternative to Quintal he had.

deandebean is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:04 PM
  #4
Thomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Waterloo
Country: Wales
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
You can always blame somebody for a goal, it just happened to be Rivet who touched the puck last. Was his clear perfect? No. Could the goal have been prevented? Nobody knows for sure. It was a lucky bounce in front of the net. The Caps got lucky and scored on that occasion. If we had had a bit more luck, that goal wouldnt have gone in and one of our 3 posts may have gone in.

At least the Habs showed that they could come back when down a goal, both Ryder and Bulis got tying goals today. The effort was lacking during the first two periods, but it came back in the last. Nobody played a bad game, and everyone fought till the last minute. If anything or anybody is to blame for this loss, its the lack of effort shown by all players in the first and second period.

Thomas is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:06 PM
  #5
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Our defense tonight wasn't very confidant.
Heck, even Souray looked bad sometimes tonight, especially when facing Jagr.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:12 PM
  #6
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
You can always blame somebody for a goal, it just happened to be Rivet who touched the puck last. Was his clear perfect? No. Could the goal have been prevented? Nobody knows for sure. It was a lucky bounce in front of the net. The Caps got lucky and scored on that occasion. If we had had a bit more luck, that goal wouldnt have gone in and one of our 3 posts may have gone in.

At least the Habs showed that they could come back when down a goal, both Ryder and Bulis got tying goals today. The effort was lacking during the first two periods, but it came back in the last. Nobody played a bad game, and everyone fought till the last minute. If anything or anybody is to blame for this loss, its the lack of effort shown by all players in the first and second period.
WOW! Common man it was clearly his fault. He had all the time in the world to stop the puck and look to make the best decision possible. He just panic as he always do when the situation is critical I call that a choker.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:14 PM
  #7
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Our defense tonight wasn't very confidant.
Heck, even Souray looked bad sometimes tonight, especially when facing Jagr.
It is Jagr after all...

jcpenny is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:15 PM
  #8
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
It is Jagr after all...
Yeah but still, there's no reason to let him do whatever he wants to and back off when he comes towards you, maybe for a rookie D but not someone like Souray.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:16 PM
  #9
Thomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Waterloo
Country: Wales
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
WOW! Common man it was clearly his fault. He had all the time in the world to stop the puck and look to make the best decision possible. He just panic as he always do when the situation is critical I call that a choker.
Show me one defenseman who clears the puck perfectly every single time. Its a common "mistake" made by defenseman, even by top defenseman in this league. This time it just happened to come at a bad time. Instead of putting down players every time they make a mistake, why dont you try supporting them.

Thomas is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:21 PM
  #10
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Show me one defenseman who clears the puck perfectly every single time. Its a common "mistake" made by defenseman, even by top defenseman in this league. This time it just happened to come at a bad time. Instead of putting down players every time they make a mistake, why dont you try supporting them.
You have to agree with me on this one. He wasnt pressured at all and he didnt even look where he was shooting the puck, nobody was around him, what more do you want? rivet is gonna be the first to admit it he paniced.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:25 PM
  #11
Thomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Waterloo
Country: Wales
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
You have to agree with me on this one. He wasnt pressured at all and he didnt even look where he was shooting the puck, nobody was around him, what more do you want? rivet is gonna be the first to admit it he paniced.
There is also 4 other players on the ice. The play continued for a few seconds right after the intercepted clear. Yes he didnt make the right decision, but placing all the blame on him for the loss is unfair to him and to the teams effort tonight.

Thomas is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:28 PM
  #12
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
There is also 4 other players on the ice. The play continued for a few seconds right after the intercepted clear. Yes he didnt make the right decision, but placing all the blame on him for the loss is unfair to him and to the teams effort tonight.
True but once again it was a lucky goal where the puck was deflected twice to appear next to bondra's stick so i cant blame anyone for this one than rivet but i see what u mean....

jcpenny is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:33 PM
  #13
Thomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Waterloo
Country: Wales
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
True but once again it was a lucky goal where the puck was deflected twice to appear next to bondra's stick so i cant blame anyone for this one than rivet but i see what u mean....
But the play continued for at least another 7-10 seconds after Rivet touched the puck. Rivet tied up his man in front of the net, and Saku and Souray were in front of the net not marking anyone. Who was covering Bondra, and who was covering the player at the point? All 5 players are to "blame" for the last goal if you are to blame anyone IMO.

Edit: They just showed it again on RDS, it was at least 15 seconds.


Last edited by Thomas: 12-23-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Thomas is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 06:58 PM
  #14
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quintal also had a piss poor game.

Not a very good effort all-around. Very frustrating game to watch.

If the refs didn't give us all those gifts it could have been worse.

Why do we keep blowing games: Florida, Philadelphia, Toronto and now Washington in the last two weeks.

And in this game and in the Nashville game we didn't play well either, but got some calls on our side.

I don't like it. We've put a dent in our playoff hopes lately. If you look at the schedule, we have some tough times coming up and these are the games we needed to win.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 07:10 PM
  #15
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
There is also 4 other players on the ice. The play continued for a few seconds right after the intercepted clear. Yes he didnt make the right decision, but placing all the blame on him for the loss is unfair to him and to the teams effort tonight.
Bondra was absolutly alone on that play and i find curious that nobody have noticed that , and above all , nobody have talked about the player who was suppose to checked him .funny !

i am not going to name him , because exept that play , he had a strong game .... ...and i don't want to be attack by some posters...

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 07:14 PM
  #16
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
True but once again it was a lucky goal where the puck was deflected twice to appear next to bondra's stick so i cant blame anyone for this one than rivet but i see what u mean....
may be if we search strongly , we could find a way to put the fault on Bouillon ...

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 07:43 PM
  #17
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Souray did not have a good game. The Caps had the kryptonite ready.

Corey is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 08:23 PM
  #18
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Bondra was absolutly alone on that play and i find curious that nobody have noticed that , and above all , nobody have talked about the player who was suppose to checked him .funny !

i am not going to name him , because exept that play , he had a strong game .... ...and i don't want to be attack by some posters...
Rivet also blew the Philly game if I remember correctly.

Lots of standing around tonight. Painful to watch.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 09:16 PM
  #19
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
But the play continued for at least another 7-10 seconds after Rivet touched the puck. Rivet tied up his man in front of the net, and Saku and Souray were in front of the net not marking anyone. Who was covering Bondra, and who was covering the player at the point? All 5 players are to "blame" for the last goal if you are to blame anyone IMO.

Edit: They just showed it again on RDS, it was at least 15 seconds.

You're right; it was an all-around defensive breakdown. And it's unacceptable, specially so late into a game. Claude Julien must have had a fit in the locker room. I would. You cannot have so many breakdowns so late into a game, such an important game. It happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Spells trouble if you ask me. Because this team's confidence is still very fragile.

Personnally, I wouldn't be surprised if Gainey goes and get another defenceman. On the left side. We need a defensive presence out there on the left side, specially.

deandebean is offline  
Old
12-23-2003, 09:52 PM
  #20
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Bondra was absolutly alone on that play and i find curious that nobody have noticed that , and above all , nobody have talked about the player who was suppose to checked him .funny !

i am not going to name him , because exept that play , he had a strong game .... ...and i don't want to be attack by some posters...
incredible..

still the silence ...so strange that nobody have seen who it was ...common guy, be honnest !

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 06:43 AM
  #21
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Bondra was absolutly alone on that play and i find curious that nobody have noticed that , and above all , nobody have talked about the player who was suppose to checked him .funny !

i am not going to name him , because exept that play , he had a strong game .... ...and i don't want to be attack by some posters...
Koivu.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 06:52 AM
  #22
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Koivu.
How is Bondra considered Koivu's man?

The defensemen are supposed to take the wingers with Koivu taking the opposing centre.

Darz is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 07:46 AM
  #23
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
How is Bondra considered Koivu's man?

The defensemen are supposed to take the wingers with Koivu taking the opposing centre.
Yes, but they both skated out of the corner alone, almost side by side. Koivu looked towards the blueline, totally ignoring Bondra, who ended up alone in the crease to bang the puck home. You could see by Koivu's reaction that he knew he should have stayed with Bondra.

Rivet blew it earlier by not getting the puck out of the zone. But had Koivu stayed with Bondra on the ensuing broken play, Bondra would have been covered.

Koivu was with nobody when the puck went in. Bondra was the closest Cap to him, and they had just been side-by-side seconds earlier.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 08:19 AM
  #24
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Yes, but they both skated out of the corner alone, almost side by side. Koivu looked towards the blueline, totally ignoring Bondra, who ended up alone in the crease to bang the puck home. You could see by Koivu's reaction that he knew he should have stayed with Bondra.

Rivet blew it earlier by not getting the puck out of the zone. But had Koivu stayed with Bondra on the ensuing broken play, Bondra would have been covered.

Koivu was with nobody when the puck went in. Bondra was the closest Cap to him, and they had just been side-by-side seconds earlier.
congratulations , you not only have the right anwser , but you're also the only one that have enought balls to tell it ...

but as i said before , Koivu had a strong game , so why look at that ...


Last edited by goalchenyuk: 12-24-2003 at 08:25 AM.
goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 08:30 AM
  #25
JV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: na
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
congratulations , you not only have the right anwser , but you're also the only one that have enought balls to tell it ...

but as i said before , Koivu had a strong game , so why look at that ...
I don't know, when your right d-man (Rivet) is to the left of your left d-man, and is skating into the left faceoff circle, almost twenty feet away from the right side of the goalmouth, at a time when the puck was clearly not on its way out of the zone, I think that right d-man has some explaining to do. Koivu was closest to Bondra, true, but that doesn't mean that Rivet shouldn't have been standing in the spot from which the goal was scored; because it's his spot. The defence pairing was all twisted out of shape, and Souray was in the right place.

JV is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.