HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Encounters w/ the Sens?

Old
05-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Karl Eriksson

vCash: 500
I saw Spezza eating at Domus 3 weeks ago, he was with a smoking blonde. He had the salmon.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Deebo

Yuha Ylonen hit my dog with his car

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Top Cheddar

I saw Chara at the Food court of Minto place downtown on Slater in the summer of lockout.

I was working noon-8pm shift and was going down to get myself a spaghetti at this Italian place. As I walked over to the restaurant I saw this massive man sitting down with the owner of the Italian restaurant and an older man. He was facing away so I didnt know it was him at first. I ordered my spaghetti and as I was just standing there waiting for it I turned around and looked at him from about a 5 feet distance. I was shocked that it was actually him and just kept looking.

After maybe 5 seconds he turned and looked at me and put out his hand for me to shake it. And so I did! His friend and the owner were talking together so he just started talking to me. I didnt really know what to say at first but ended asking him if he was eager to get back on the ice. Then we talked about the playoffs. I mentionned to him that I was a die hard fan and that I went to atleast half of the playoff games every year.

I then told that the Yashin trade was the best thing to ever happen to this hockey club and that one year my buddy and I made this "Yashin doll" with an old Sens jersey that we put an Isles logo on top, replaced the Y to a C for Cashin and printed his face on the face of the doll. We had gone on the jumbotron like 3 times that night and Chara remembered seeing and laughing about the doll on the bench. Apparently Volchenkov told him to look at the big screen and the team was laughing at Yashing cuz he was taking a faceoff in front of them.

Sorry I took alot of words to explain but I thought it was pretty special.

Top Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I served Spezza, Vermette, McGrattan and Emery beer at the Rolling Stones concert. My supervisor asked for Rayzor's ID, and I totally flipped out on her "DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO THESE GUYS ARE? IT'S THE FREAKING OTTAWA FREAKING SENATORS!! THEY DON'T NEED ID! OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??"

Spezza giggled, Rayzor got back his license (Binghamton, NY babyyyy!). They all wanted Molson, and I got a $100 tip from Spezza (they, literally, just throw cash around) but my supervisor was a ***** and made me share it with the other 20 people working in the area.

I didn't last long with Aramark.

I saw Rayzor two weeks later at a Ottawa Lynx game, I asked him how the concert was and he froze for a second, then laughed looking at me with "hella cool!".

Ottawa Boys and Girls Club, which is part of the Ottawa Police Service now, brought me to see Marian Hossa when I was younger after I was a victim of a crime. I was 14 and just all pretty much looking like that at him. I was too shy to talk to him, so he approached me and I got pictures! It's on my waaalll! He was like "do you want me to sign your hat? what about your jersey? here, i'll sign on your heart." (I wasn't wearing it) and I was like eeeeeeeeee! But that doesn't really count.

There was also that time when Schastlivy's dad tried to make an arranged marriage between me and Petr when I was like 15. My hockey trainer was good friends with Yashin, and the Islanders were in town so he surprised me with taking me to a practice at the Corel Centre. I got to see the end of the Senators practice, then the Islanders came out (with Snow singing Britney Spears on the way out of the tunnel ). After their practice, my trainer let me go to the "forbidden" zone, aka past the "ONLY NHL PLAYERS AND PERSONNEL BEYOND THIS POINT" so I could say hi to Yashin in the hallway of the locker room (there's 4 doors). He was sharpening his skates, and Schastlivy was hanging around for some reason (I didn't recognize him because he was in sweatpants and still a scratch from groin surgery).

This big, huuuge Russian dad came down the stairs with "ohhhh, you sens fan? you meet son, Petr? He hockey player!" and I was like OMG IT'S PETR SCHASTLIVYYYY!!!11 Poor Petr was redder than red, I guess his dad does this all the time. I was like, hiii, I'm Lydia! I'm here with Yashin! Then Schastlivy's dad is like "okay, you pretty hockey girl? he hockey boy. You hockey family, okay?" Mum then finally speaks up "SHE'S 14! SHE'S 14!" "...can she be 20?" I got free tickets out of it though for the game that night!

Phillips used to go to the martial arts school I trained at for years, he really was just all upper body strength, he had no lower body strength or could keep up with anyone until he did some personal training with Tony Greco three years ago. He's a lot better now.

I also met Havlat through that martial arts school. He really is a nice guy, pretty shy.

(I'm reaaallly young there .. Todd White!)

Shaun Van Allen! From the Sens/Isles practice. He gave me a puck!

Schastlivy & Anton

Eaves & Rayzor.

* I don't stalk the players on purpose. I bump into them a lot. Honestly. They need their space and I want to respect that, and usually I'm too shy to approach them unless it's coming from a public thing (autograph signings, post-games/post-practices, etc.). For some reason I bump into them a lot, it's pretty funny. I don't go out of my way to find them.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:11 AM
denn0069

Send a message via MSN to denn0069
I saw Gerber at Kevin Haime's.

denn0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn0069 View Post
I saw Gerber at Kevin Haime's.
I have yet to meet Gerber.

GERRBSSSSS WHERE ARE YOUUUU?

Old
05-25-2007, 09:25 AM
SaxPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Yuha Ylonen hit my dog with his car
His first and only body check

SaxPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Asharx

One of the guys I play volleyball with, his ex-girlfriend was the person Emery hit with his hummer.

Asharx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asharx View Post
One of the guys I play volleyball with, his ex-girlfriend was the person Emery hit with his hummer.
You win.

Old
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Asharx

They ended up getting 4 tickets to game 3 of the buffalo series, then Emery gave his hummer to the girl to drive while she was getting a new car.

Old
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
They ended up getting 4 tickets to game 3 of the buffalo series, then Emery gave his hummer to the girl to drive while she was getting a new car.

Old
05-25-2007, 09:46 AM
A-Train in Motion

This doesn't really count but last Christmas I was on a flight with Peter Charelli (sp?) from Ottawa to Chicago. However, he was obviously Boston's GM at the time.

A-Train in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train in Motion View Post
This doesn't really count but last Christmas I was on a flight with Peter Charelli (sp?) from Ottawa to Chicago. However, he was obviously Boston's GM at the time.
Did you fight him?

Old
05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
kolider

I saw Sami Salo at St. Laurent Shopping Centre a few years back. He was with his wife/girlfriend/fiance, who was smoking hot. Absolutley gorgeous. Was too busy checking her out to go talk to Sami.

kolider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Alfie_11

I met Razor Ray Emery at breakfast one morning

Alfie_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

I've met Spezza, Emery, and McGrattan briefly at the bars a couple times. Also Bonk once crashed his car into the lightpost across the street from my house (this was a really long time ago, though, when he was in is 2nd or 3rd year with the Sens). Arvedson and Cunneyworth also used to live really close to me.

Tap on the Ankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

I met Yashin a couple of times when he had his charity tournament at the golf club I was working at. He was sitting by himself at a table in front of my bar signing little hockey sticks for the guests about 10 mins before going out to the podium. The guy was HUGE!! I was really impressed how big he was considering I'm 6' 200 lbs myself. So i decided to go ask him if he wanted something to drink (a beer maybe). He aksed for a tomato juice ... then he had like 6 more during dinner. The waitress was amazed at how many tomato juice he could drink along with all the beef and potatoes from the buffet. He also asked her if she could teach him french lessons wich is the lamest thing you could ask to someone who speaks another language. So he got turned down.

I saw Schubert last year on the upper level at the SBP when he was a healthy scratch against Tampa. I think he was with his family and GF. I also saw Jacques Martin, Shawn Van Allen, Ken Hitchcock, Serge Savard and Garry Galley at the same Golf club I was working at.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
I think I've posted this before....

I met Yashin in the showers at the gym....good times.

Also....Emery, Spezza and McG...always at Foundations.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Bloggins

During the 02/03 season my family and I were at the Lone Star on Baseline. The table we sat at was next to Alfie and Arvedson. My wife and I recognized them immediately but just carried on with the meal. Halfway through our meal my youngest son (8 at the time) starts poking me "It's Alfie" he says, quite loud too. Yes I say, it's Alfie, shhhh. Well every 5 seconds he poked me again saying "Alfie, we need his autograph" I told him we didn't want to bother him because I'm sure he gets pestered everywhere he goes. The waiter overheard my son and asked Alfie if it would be ok to get an autograph for the kids. Alfie and Arvedson were all smiles and said no problem.

I've met most of them here and there at various Sens events but that was the only "chance encounter" outside of Sens organized events.

P.S. there were no Pop tarts at Lone Star for Alfie.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:18 PM
ynaffit

Quote:
HEY! My friend's brother's ex-girlfriend was one of the girls in the car that Emery hit!

ynaffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post
HEY! My friend's brother's ex-girlfriend was one of the girls in the car that Emery hit!
My dog knows the person who referred the person who fix the car that Emery hit. Wow....all these coincidences!

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Asharx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexytime Explosion View Post
My dog knows the person who referred the person who fix the car that Emery hit. Wow....all these coincidences!
Yes now I remember why I don't bother posting.

Old
05-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Karl Eriksson

My brother went to Ottawa U with Jacques Martin'd daughter, apprently she inherited his good looks.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
I got Anton's autograph after a game.

I saw Schubert in Sunglass Hut at Rideau centre...presumably shopping for expensive sunglasses.

Fascinating encounters eh?

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Roy G Biv*

I saw Radek Bonk at Place D'Orleans once. He was walking 4 steps behind his gf, and he was showered with undeserved accolades for being so protective.

Another time, I was having dinner in the restaurant of the Arc Hotel, and Emery was in the booth with a dark-haired model. It was right around the time he had a thigh/groin injury or something...

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote