HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for Mattias Ohlund...

Old
05-26-2007, 02:31 AM
God
Free Citizen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Would Vancouver be interested in Frolov?
Wow, for Ohlund? Sign me up.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 03:58 AM
FuTMaR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Would Vancouver be interested in Frolov?
ignore this

FuTMaR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 09:24 AM
DevilsFan38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Interesting, he didn't have a very good season this year and I'm questioning whether or not last year was simply a one time thing. I'd love him with Naslund, or maybe even the Sedins since Gionta seems to crash the net a lot (or I think he does).
He loves to crash the net and scores a ton of garbage goals.

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Tact

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
Tact thinks that Hartnell can be signed for, at his latest mock 07-08 Teamlist, 3 mil for 4 years. I sort of went 0_o in disbelief at that. I am not extremely impressed by Hartnell myself, but he's gotta get more than that.

That, and I'm not sure if we have 3 mil in Cap for him, even if he would take that kind of money, unless something along the lines of the Pominville/MacArthur/Ohlund/pick happened.
Yeah we can. I wouldn't deal Ohlund for Pominville. I want a defencemen coming back the other way (Kalinin).

We could even offer Hartnell $3.5M and it would still work under the cap.

Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
I just don't see the Canucks needing 2 average offensive players. they need one go to scorer.
I'd rather the Canucks build up some offensive depth for next season. Then when Naslund and Morrison's contracts expire they can either sign them to cheaper deals or go after a go to scorer on the 2nd line.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 12:43 PM
The Pepper

canucks should trade ohlund and a prospect (cory schneider) for horton

The Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tact View Post
Yeah we can. I wouldn't deal Ohlund for Pominville. I want a defencemen coming back the other way (Kalinin).

We could even offer Hartnell $3.5M and it would still work under the cap.
You do realize Kalinen has virtually no trade value right? For what he brings to the table in relation to his cap hit. The whole point of making a deal involving Ohlund is to pick up much needed cap space. We want Kalinen as much as Buffalo wants Morrison.

Kalinen=glorified salary dump

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
You do realize Kalinen has virtually no trade value right? For what he brings to the table in relation to his cap hit. The whole point of making a deal involving Ohlund is to pick up much needed cap space. We want Kalinen as much as Buffalo wants Morrison.

I doubt that Kalinin has no trade value.
Somehow I think most GMs don't have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality most fans do.
He had a very good season, and for about 3 months up until the Ottawa series he was Buffalo's best defenseman, even if it meant covering for Teppo at times. For 2 million, if he plays like he did for most of the season, he's a pretty good value.
It's all relative. Had Buffalo been ousted by the Rangers, he would've been the hero on D, and Tallinder one of the culprits after a horrible first round vs Smyth and the Isles. Lots of Sabres were either contained or simply fell of their game vs Ottawa, and he was one of them, and yes, he was the one whose game suffered the most. But he's still a top-4 guy who plays any situation.
I have no problems with him in Buffalo's top-4 next season, especially if they can somehow get their hands on Stuart or Hamrlik to play with him, but odds are, seeing as how Ruff benched him for the last two games, he could be traded.
(I'd use the term "WILL" be traded, but Regier's been a pretty passive/patient GM, so who knows...)

That said, I don't know if Vancouver would be interested. Assuming they wanna trade Ohlund, their top-3 are Salo, Mitchell and Bieksa. Krajicek can play a top-4 role just fine until Bourdon is ready for full time duty on the top-2 pairings.
IF they do want another defenseman, Kalinin might be a good fit.

Problem with Buffalo and Vancouver making any deal with Ohlund involved is the salary cap.
I don't see any reason for the Nucks to trade Ohlund unless they gain cap space AND get something they want in return.
Pominville or Kotalik would probably be best fits. Kotalik would more than likely pop 30-35 goals playing with the Sedins.
Problem is, that means Buffalo'd be taking on salary. And as much as I'd love to see Ohlund as a Sabre, Regier's primary targets still have to be the Buffalo UFAs... Which likely means shedding salary themselves, and certainly not adding more.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 02:02 PM
rypper

vCash: 50
ohlund is going nowhere! I'm calling it right now.

If he does, i will eat my jersey.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 02:08 PM
The Pepper

If the canucks can get a young 30 goal scorer they should consider trading ohlund

Old
05-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleSauce View Post
Would the Canucks have any interest in trading Kevin Bieksa instead?

Maybe something like this:

To Detroit:
Kevin Bieksa

To Vancouver:
Jiri Hudler + Pick/Prospect

It's a smaller deal but Hudler did score 15 goals this year in a very limited role of 10 mins/game. He has speed, hands and a good shot so if he got to play 14+ I believe he could score 25 as soon as next year.
Imagine him with Nicklas Lidstrom! Top-shutdown pairing in the NHL.

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Tact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post

If we got Kalinin and Pominville for Ohlund, we solve two holes in one move. Although Kalinin might be a little downgrade on Ohlund, it would seriously upgrade our offence. Also, we would save $0.5M and still have about $3.0M+ to sign another top six winger.

Kalinin would excel as the #4 defencemen on this team, maybe even be the #2 or #3 defencemen on some nights. He would fit perfectly. I think he just needs a change of scenery. At one point, he was considered to have a lot of potential and could be a #2 defencemen. I just think he lost all his confidence in Buffalo.

Even if isn't all that great here, he is only on a one year deal. Also, Krajicek could play the top four role and put Kalinin our #5 defencemen. However, I don't think that would happen at all and I think Kalinin would play very well here.

Last edited by Tact: 05-26-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old
05-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Bullsmith

I don't think the nuks have cap room to go after Timmonen. Ohlund's got good trade value, for sure, but wouldn't they spend any cap room they got on forewards rather than upgrading a D position?

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I doubt that Kalinin has no trade value.
Somehow I think most GMs don't have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality most fans do.
He had a very good season, and for about 3 months up until the Ottawa series he was Buffalo's best defenseman, even if it meant covering for Teppo at times. For 2 million, if he plays like he did for most of the season, he's a pretty good value.
It's all relative. Had Buffalo been ousted by the Rangers, he would've been the hero on D, and Tallinder one of the culprits after a horrible first round vs Smyth and the Isles. Lots of Sabres were either contained or simply fell of their game vs Ottawa, and he was one of them, and yes, he was the one whose game suffered the most. But he's still a top-4 guy who plays any situation.
I have no problems with him in Buffalo's top-4 next season, especially if they can somehow get their hands on Stuart or Hamrlik to play with him, but odds are, seeing as how Ruff benched him for the last two games, he could be traded.
(I'd use the term "WILL" be traded, but Regier's been a pretty passive/patient GM, so who knows...)

That said, I don't know if Vancouver would be interested. Assuming they wanna trade Ohlund, their top-3 are Salo, Mitchell and Bieksa. Krajicek can play a top-4 role just fine until Bourdon is ready for full time duty on the top-2 pairings.
IF they do want another defenseman, Kalinin might be a good fit.

Problem with Buffalo and Vancouver making any deal with Ohlund involved is the salary cap.
I don't see any reason for the Nucks to trade Ohlund unless they gain cap space AND get something they want in return.
Pominville or Kotalik would probably be best fits. Kotalik would more than likely pop 30-35 goals playing with the Sedins.
Problem is, that means Buffalo'd be taking on salary. And as much as I'd love to see Ohlund as a Sabre, Regier's primary targets still have to be the Buffalo UFAs... Which likely means shedding salary themselves, and certainly not adding more.
Maybe I am underselling Kalinen. I have watched him quite a bit and I found his play very underwhelming. Maybe I saw him on bad nights?

If Buffalo is not willing to take on salary than they likely will not find themselves a number 1 defenseman. Vancouver in all likelihood would only deal Ohlund if it meant they dumped significant salary in the deal. A dollar for dollar swap offers very little motivation for the Canucks to trade their number 1 defenseman. I honestly think even Kotalik would be of little interest in the deal because of his salary. Canucks would probably want a top 6 forward making a million or less. With the amount of teams interested in acquiring Ohlund I would be very surprised if they could not find exactly what they are looking for.

Matthias Ohlund is an extremely valueable asset.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Chayos

I know the oilers are a divisional rival but how about his?

Lupal and Smith for Ohlund and a 2nd?

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Tact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1 View Post

Is that a joke?

Old
05-26-2007, 04:20 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTMaR View Post
ignore this
Why, because I asked if they were interested in a player? I didn't propose Frolov straight up, but the original poster wanted someone who can play with the Sedins, which I believe normally means a right winger, and Frolov is a left winger.

Honestly, it's getting a bit tiresome that people are shooting down the idea of trading big name players with the assumption that it will make the team better. "OMG, nooooo, don't trade Visnovsky!" "Frolov is going nowhere!" etc.

The Kings defense is very sad. Ohlund; cheaper, younger, and better than Norstrom, would be refreshing. It doesn't matter what goaltender you have in net for the Kings, but if you have craptacular defense, you will go nowhere. Not to mention the Kings have a few young forwards ready to contribute (Kopitar, Cammalleri, O'Sullivan) even if Frolov is gone.

I like Frolov, but I like the Kings more. I don't think it's absurd to see if some type of trade could be worked out between the two teams. If not straight up, then what would have to be added?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
FruityPants3*

Bieksa for Hudler and pick/prospect? No thanks!!!!!

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 05:37 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeksa View Post
Bieksa for Hudler and pick/prospect? No thanks!!!!!
maybe Hudler + Kindl.

maybe.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 05:56 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
maybe Hudler + Kindl.

maybe.
Well, yeah, it depends on the prospect and pick but when they aren't named I assume they're implying 2nd tier prospect / 2nd round pick, and based on Hudler as the centre piece, no chance of that.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 06:17 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1 View Post

Don't think Nonis is gonna take a chance on Lupul.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Bam Beet*

What would the Nucks want from Colorado for him? (Not Stastny sorry). Avs could use a dman like Ohlund.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
What would the Nucks want from Colorado for him? (Not Stastny sorry). Avs could use a dman like Ohlund.
It would take a massive overpayment for the Canucks to move Ohlund to the Avs so it's not even worth discussing. Unless the Avs are willing to part with Wolski and Svatos or something.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Bam Beet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
It would take a massive overpayment for the Canucks to move Ohlund to the Avs so it's not even worth discussing. Unless the Avs are willing to part with Wolski and Svatos or something.
It would take more than Ohlund for the Avs to part with Wolski though, nevermind Wolski AND Svatos. Just talking pure value wise and forgetting about the divisional rivalry. I'd offer Svatos and the choice of Burki, Hensick, or Stoa.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 06:38 PM
The Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
maybe Hudler + Kindl.

maybe.
add filpulla to that and the canucks would go for it