HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles-Hawks proposal

Old
05-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Zim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashthenet View Post
value aside, the Hawks have as much need for quality centers as us.
Ruutu tends to play as a winger actually. His style of play suits that role much better and he isn't that great on face offs.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 10:28 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Ruutu, despite his health issues is still 10 times more talented than those two could ever dream of being.

And on top of that, Chicago has to give up a 2nd round pick?

1. Nokelainen isn't a proven NHL product, so in essence, the 2nd round pick is going for Nokelainen... definitely shafting Chicago right there.

2. That leaves it at Ruutu for Hunter, and again, Chicago is getting shafted. There is no way that anyone can say that's a fair trade off, even with Ruutu's health problems.

3. Bill Wirtz is cheap, and he's not going to let his general managers trade away young talent like that.

4. Any time a team gives up a core player like that, his value to the franchise alone will command the other team to make an overpayment for that respective player, and since there is no need for Chicago to do this deal, that's what it would take to get Ruutu.

I'd start looking at Okposo, 1st, and a mid level prospect. Maybe Wes O'Neill?

All I know is that I wouldn't trade Ruutu AND the 2nd for Hunter and Nokelainen. Maybe if you took out the 2nd from Chicago, and the Isles put in a 1st.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
bullsville

Send a message via MSN to bullsville
Ruutu(for me)is untouchable unless Islanders offer Okposo

bullsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Isles72

Hunter would look good in a hawk uni but Tuomo looks even better

Nokelainen still has alot to prove before his value rises to where it once was.

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 11:16 AM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Points last season in 71 games -- less than 40
Goals last season in 71 games -- less than 20

And seeing that he's already 24, one would only get 3 seasons for him to break out offensively before he hits UFA. Given that the injuries have slowed his development rather considerably, and that he seems likely to get injured again (which could slow his development again), the odds of getting more than 1 or 2 good seasons out of him aren't that great. It's not so much how many games he's missing due to injuries, but the way they have and may continue to affect his development that concerns me.

I'd take a flier on him for the right price, but wouldn't pay nearly as much as what others would. I know some people might claim it's a steal based on his upside, but the odds of him reaching that upside with us just isn't high enough to justify the asking price. Both Okposo and Tambellini, even if they do have lower upsides (though I'd argue that Okposo's is pretty close, if not on par) will most likely contribute more to the Isles than Ruutu would.

The truth is, he's probably more valuable to the Hawks than he is on the open market, or at least to teams who are trying to win now (you'll note I said trying, wether or not we'll succeed at that is another matter altogether).
Ruutu spent most of last season playing himself back into shape after missing almost two seasons because of injury. The right time to evaluate him should be after next season..

P.s I hear Petteri Nokelainen's knees are pretty messed up too..

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 11:54 AM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
How about Yashin and our next 5 first rounders straight up for Wirtz?
then Chicago might listen

1datsyuk3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 11:57 AM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volta View Post
then Chicago might listen
Kidding me?? They take it and run with it. Yashin is worth more than Wirtz and you get 5 first round pick in the process.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 12:02 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Ruutu, despite his health issues is still 10 times more talented than those two could ever dream of being.

And on top of that, Chicago has to give up a 2nd round pick?

1. Nokelainen isn't a proven NHL product, so in essence, the 2nd round pick is going for Nokelainen... definitely shafting Chicago right there.

2. That leaves it at Ruutu for Hunter, and again, Chicago is getting shafted. There is no way that anyone can say that's a fair trade off, even with Ruutu's health problems.

3. Bill Wirtz is cheap, and he's not going to let his general managers trade away young talent like that.

4. Any time a team gives up a core player like that, his value to the franchise alone will command the other team to make an overpayment for that respective player, and since there is no need for Chicago to do this deal, that's what it would take to get Ruutu.

I'd start looking at Okposo, 1st, and a mid level prospect. Maybe Wes O'Neill?

All I know is that I wouldn't trade Ruutu AND the 2nd for Hunter and Nokelainen. Maybe if you took out the 2nd from Chicago, and the Isles put in a 1st.
You are a fool if you think Ruutu would bring back a package anywhere NEAR the level of Okposo, 1st and O'Neil. Let's see, at basically the same age, Havlat returns Preissing, but somehow Ruutu returns a top-15 prospect, a good defensive prospect, and a first round pick? I can see how that works...

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 12:09 PM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Kidding me?? They take it and run with it. Yashin is worth more than Wirtz and you get 5 first round pick in the process.
lol a Wang/Wirtz combo would be fantastic

Wang: and here's your 17 year deal Poti I jus...
Wirtz: BLACK OUT THE MOTHER****ING HOME GAMES LETS DRIVE THIS MUTHA INTO THE GROUND
Wang: *stares*

Old
05-26-2007, 04:26 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volta View Post
lol a Wang/Wirtz combo would be fantastic

Wang: and here's your 17 year deal Poti I jus...
Wirtz: BLACK OUT THE MOTHER****ING HOME GAMES LETS DRIVE THIS MUTHA INTO THE GROUND
Wang: *stares*
Good Lord, how could they even have a conference? One will give out insane contracts, the other wants to pinch every penny he can. That sounds like a TV show.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Good Lord, how could they even have a conference? One will give out insane contracts, the other wants to pinch every penny he can. That sounds like a TV show.
Lol, I still can't believe Wang, 15 years of DiPeitro

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 05:48 PM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post

Old
05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
Ruutu spent most of last season playing himself back into shape after missing almost two seasons because of injury. The right time to evaluate him should be after next season..

P.s I hear Petteri Nokelainen's knees are pretty messed up too..
I think next season will say a lot, I agree. And depending on how next season goes will have a lot of effect on his value to other teams. But until it happens, it won't have an effect. I'm not making any judgements on Ruutu and certainly not closing the door on him, just weighing the odds, upsides and costs. And for what people say the cost will be the odds/upside don't seem worth it to me.

I also think Nokelainen has very little trade value to other teams and that the Isles are better off holding onto him and hoping he can get past his knee problems. If someone wants to pay for him based on the notion that he's going to reach his originally projected upside, then I'd move him, but I highly doubt anyone's going to d o that. Not to mention, everyone said Nokey + Hunter wouldn't get Ruutu, and I haven't said anything contrary to that.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote