HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Line combinations

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Walsher

vCash: 500
Line combinations

Was it just me or was the only line causing any trouble for Calgary tonight York-Dvorak-Torres when they were reunited in the third? Isbister looked good but other than that the lines seemed to be completely lost. Hemsky seems to disappear in any game with physical play, Smyth - no comment, Oates just hasn't been able to catch up to where he needs to be, no Moreau, just a mishmash of average lines that accomplished nothing. This team looks like a beat club. They might as well pack it in now. To me it looks as though every time they get scored on they just lost in OT. The expressions on faces sink, players and coaches sigh, they know it is over. This team needs a spark. Give Rita a chance, give Lynch a chance (he has been outstanding lately), give Woywitka a shot, get some of this dead wood off the roster. The Oilers need a kick in the pants because it is clear they are unable to motivate themselves. Laraque, Ferguson, Pisani, Smyth, etc. have provided little at any end of the rink. They aren't doing their jobs. Get someone that will. I would be more proud of a team that works hard all night and accomplishes nothing than this group of laxidasical underachievers.

Old
12-23-2003, 07:15 PM
momentai

Honestly, the only line that looked dangerous was the one with Dvorak on it whether that was with Horcoff or with York.

Other than that, everyone looked disinterested. That entire first line of Smyth/Isbister/Oates was very poor tonight and didn't generate much at all.

Old
12-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Honestly, the only line that looked dangerous was the one with Dvorak on it whether that was with Horcoff or with York.

Other than that, everyone looked disinterested. That entire first line of Smyth/Isbister/Oates was very poor tonight and didn't generate much at all.
I agree. How can so many guys look so bad in such a big game?

Old
12-23-2003, 07:25 PM
xauxi

I am tired of talking of how bad Oilers are playing. I think everyone is waiting for a change, any change, a spark....may be Salo to the farm. For sure won't hurt the team but will make a strong message to the team. I agree it is good idea to use some players such as Rita, Lynch...these move will at worst have the same result as being. Something to shake up, KL, MacT...

Old
12-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Walsher

Shake up anything. I am sick of listening to the same story after losses, the same excuses, the same frustration. Enough of the talk - why doesn't someone show some balls and take that talk to the ice. These guys are now used to losing and it seems as though they accept it. I don't as a fan and I hope the management doesn't either. Not enough effort in place so change something so that their is.

Old
12-24-2003, 06:32 AM
james

I think

torres york smyth

isbister oates dvorak

hemsky horcoff laraque

moreau stoll pisani

torres creates space and york and smyth are both willing to play infront of the goal crease.

isbister and dvorak both have a shot and would be most likely to take advantage of oates playmaking

hemsky can pass and horcoff and laraque do a great job of cycling the puck down low...they need a finisher on the line ei; hemsky

the 3rd line is still a pretty good checking line...let stoll work on his game to be a good checking center

defensive pairings are as good as it gets....need a couple d-men to fix that problem....

Old
12-24-2003, 07:22 AM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
I am tired of talking of how bad Oilers are playing. I think everyone is waiting for a change, any change, a spark....may be Salo to the farm. For sure won't hurt the team but will make a strong message to the team. I agree it is good idea to use some players such as Rita, Lynch...these move will at worst have the same result as being. Something to shake up, KL, MacT...
The problem is that no one is putting up any impressive numbers on the farm team. They are dead last in their divison. What we need is a trade to help this team.

Closed Thread