HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers AHL prospects review

Old
05-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Rangers AHL prospects review

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9693

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Pogo

vCash: 500
Seems like most players made some promising strides this year, Immonen leaving is a given at this point I think. Best news has to be that Hugh might actually turn into a player one day...

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 05:15 AM
thestaalera*

Saying Korpikoski is 2 to 3 years away is absurd. I expect him to make the team next year and play on the 4th line and PK unit.

Starting to look at Maloney's comments on our prospects now. He seems to love Byers. I would not be surprised if he asked for Montoya and Byers in exchange for the 3rd overall pick. Personally, I think Byers has little chance to do much on the NHL level. Dupont is 10 times more talented. If Maloney wants him, have fun.

thestaalera* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 05:49 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaalera View Post
Saying Korpikoski is 2 to 3 years away is absurd. I expect him to make the team next year and play on the 4th line and PK unit.

Starting to look at Maloney's comments on our prospects now. He seems to love Byers. I would not be surprised if he asked for Montoya and Byers in exchange for the 3rd overall pick. Personally, I think Byers has little chance to do much on the NHL level. Dupont is 10 times more talented. If Maloney wants him, have fun.
Actually, I'd be more inclined to see Dawes moved, judging by the comments.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 06:19 AM
thestaalera*

Dawes has tremendous on ice vision. People here who think he won't be a good NHL player are really missing the boat. Put Dawes on a real offensive line, give him 15 minutes a game and he'll put up 15-20 goals and 40-50 points. He probably will struggle defensively the first 40 games but he'll get it together. He has a lot more game than Prucha.

Physical I thought Korpikoski could have made the team last year. He was much better than Hollweg. That isn't saying that much because Hollweg is laughable. It would be a hugh mistake for them not to sign Russell. I was hoping Russell who has great offensive skill would be put with Jessiman in hopes of finally helping Hugh find his offensive game. Seems like the rest of his game is coming on.

I also didn't like how the writer put Baranka on the AHL team for next year. Gimme a break. He should have made the team out of camp this year. He was CLEARLY better than Rachunek, Malik and Ward. This is another guy people are lost on. Long term if he can avoid his fluke injuries, I think he'll be better than Tyutin and Girardi.

thestaalera* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Wow, the future looks great! Hope we trade for some more picks in the offseason!

:

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 03:12 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaalera* View Post

Conservative, perhaps, but not absurd. It really depends on what kind of player they expect him to be. Lauri is only 20 years old, and he's not Jordan Staal.

If you want him to be set as a career defensive forward, playing 3rd and 4th line minutes and the PK before going back to Europe at age 26 for more playing time, then sure, he should have made the team. If you want to give him the opportunity to develop into a 2nd or even a long-shot 1st line player, then you leave him in Hartford to play minutes in various situations and develop his offensive game.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaalera* View Post
Dawes has tremendous on ice vision. People here who think he won't be a good NHL player are really missing the boat. Put Dawes on a real offensive line, give him 15 minutes a game and he'll put up 15-20 goals and 40-50 points. He probably will struggle defensively the first 40 games but he'll get it together. He has a lot more game than Prucha.

Physical I thought Korpikoski could have made the team last year. He was much better than Hollweg. That isn't saying that much because Hollweg is laughable. It would be a hugh mistake for them not to sign Russell. I was hoping Russell who has great offensive skill would be put with Jessiman in hopes of finally helping Hugh find his offensive game. Seems like the rest of his game is coming on.

I also didn't like how the writer put Baranka on the AHL team for next year. Gimme a break. He should have made the team out of camp this year. He was CLEARLY better than Rachunek, Malik and Ward. This is another guy people are lost on. Long term if he can avoid his fluke injuries, I think he'll be better than Tyutin and Girardi.
He's a very quick player and can keep up to the pace w/ ease. Just look at his play-off performance. It wasn't bad at all. He was skating relentlessly providing pressure in all 3 zones on the ice. He has a very quick shot. I wouldn't trade dawes.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
eco's bones

Byers was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect anywhere near the numbers he put up. I thought he might be a player shuttling back and forth between Hartford and Charlotte. Whereas I do agree that Dupont is a better prospect--Byers may turn into a pretty decent 4th liner for us--maybe better than any 4th liner (including Betts) we have now. I'm also hoping that Russell gets signed. As for Korpikoski--he may make the Rangers but he and the organization might be better off in the long run if he spends another season in Hartford maybe gaining more confidence in his offensive game. Jessiman has not worked out for us at all. If he can't make the top two lines in Hartford--how is he ever going to make it in New York? His contract runs out next season. If he doesn't do a lot more--it's time to say goodbye. Nigel as Leslie states needs to play with other players who compliment him. I don't think he's better than Prucha. I agree that Baranka is close though. Montoya and Dubinsky also. Maybe even Bourret. We've got some good looking players there.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote