HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville season ticket question

Old
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Hawker14

vCash: 500
Nashville season ticket question

I'd like to express my sympathy for all Predator fans, and my wishes are with you for keeping your team for generations to come.

My question in reading through the forums is why are people claiming Nashville has the most individual season ticket holders in the league ? I read Mr. Bettman's State of the Game transcript, and he never said that. He said that Nashville has the biggest difference between individual season ticket holders (7000) and business season ticket holders (1800) which equals 5200. Nowhere did he say that Nashville's 7,000 individual season ticket holders are the most in the league.

Or am I mistaken ?

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Jarnberg

What is it you are exactly looking for? Or is this some odd attempt to make a point?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Hawker14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
What is it you are exactly looking for? Or is this some odd attempt to make a point?

What ? An odd attempt ? I'm unsure how to take that response so I'll let it go. My question: Why are some fans writing that Nashville has the most individual season tickets holders in the league ?

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Eric,

Our season-ticket base is up to 8,800 as of the end of this season.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0/1028/RSS0202

As for your question, I think it is just being misinterpreted as Bettman stating this as a number rather than a percentage. It has long been accepted that the Predators have the highest percentage of individual season-ticket holders in the league. I really don't know where we stand in terms of the number vs. the rest of the league, but I'd be willing to bet that we are not at the bottom of the list with 7,000 individuals.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Additionally, it would have really been nice for Bettman to come on Nashville radio to make these remarks instead of having them reported in a press conference from across the country.

Friday it was said on the radio that Bettman declined interview requests, but this evening the NHL communications department was reported to have said that an interview request would be granted if made through the proper channels and as long as the commissioner's schedule permitted.

I guess we will have to stay tuned as to whether or not Bettman gets on the Nashville airwaves.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote