HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Segal

Old
05-27-2007, 09:35 PM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

vCash: 500
Brandon Segal

Can anyone tell me how Brandon Segal was this year, and if he still has a future with the Preds?

His stats don't look bad, 77-20-9-29 84 PIM. He's a RFA, do you guys think the Preds will offer him a Q.O.?

thanks.

LadyByngJeanRatelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Nashville108*

depending on the will of our new owner, he could be a first line player for us this season.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 11:17 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

I've always liked Brandon. Good power forward prospect. I don't know that he's good enough to be anything but a grinder in the NHL, but he's well-liked in MIlwaukee.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 04:07 PM
AdsSabresRule

Segal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville108 View Post
depending on the will of our new owner, he could be a first line player for us this season.
Okay - this post had to be in tongue and cheek. Brandon will never be a first line player...even in the AHL. He was fortunate as he would have been over the limit on pro games played. But since he sat out a game, he will be eligible to suit up for the whole season for the Ads this year without counting against the 'pro player' cap...He is called 'Mayor Segal' by saome as he has more time on the Ads than anyone else. At the start of the season only he and Nate Lutz were around the last time we won the Calder...
A grinder type forward who can mix it up. Won't hurt you on the defensive side. Not so much captain material as he is super light - hearted and not much of a 'ra ra' kind of leader. A third or fourth - liner for as long as he wants an AHL contract. I think even under a five player pro - player deal he could make any AHL club he wants for awhile. NHL? I don't think so unless you need a fourth - liner for a few minutes a game...Keeping him in your system is a good -insurance policy'. I was surprised that he made the 'Pred top 20' prospects list this year by one of the scouting agencies...I think more for his durability and insurance value, than for his ability to play steady on the top three lines, IMO. It will be great to see him back next year. He'll get a bit of a raise. Don't see him being traded as of right now...

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote