Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Kent Ruhnke the new HC Lugano head coach

Old
12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Swissfan79

vCash: 500
Kent Ruhnke the new HC Lugano head coach

After having pondered the sportive situation of the HCL first team, considering the results, the evident game evolution and the overall fragility of the last weeks, the HCL Board has decided to exempt Ivano Zanatta from his head-coach function.

The decision has been taken so to try and give the team an electric discharge. The HCL wants to keep working with Ivano Zanatta in the future, for his evident skills, seriousness, professionalism and human qualities, but in other spheres of the club, eventually in the formation field.

The Board has decided to entrust the head-coach responsibility with immediate effects and until the end of the current season, to Kent Ruhnke.

Born the 18 of September 1952, the Canadian has a solid experience as a successful trainer in Switzerland. In fact, he led the ZSC Lions to the national title in 2000, Bern in 2004 and in 2005, he got promoted in the highest category with Basel. The role of assistant-coach of the HCL first team will still be in Diego Scandella's hands.

http://www.hclugano.ch/welcome.cfm?lingua=en

Thanks for all Ivano! And good luck to Kent!

Swissfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:58 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

It was about time, I wonder how Zanatta could hold on the job for so long.

I'm not a big fan of Ruhnke, though. Him coaching goons like Helbling or Wilson could get really ugly...

stv11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:27 PM
I luv ckicken

Interesting,I was just going back through some names from my past. I went to school with Kent way back in the 1960's, and was wondering what ever happened to him.
Is he still coaching in Europe?

I luv ckicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:39 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

I think he's still unemployed since he was fired from his last job roughly one year ago. His name will probably come once again in the discussion next time a team in Switzerland looks for a coach.

stv11 is online now   Reply With Quote