HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Whats better? Ice or Rollar Hockey

Old
05-30-2007, 07:38 PM
BladesOfTeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nni View Post
while im not a hater, given the state of hockey, it is still a major sport especially when compared to the other options you present. did a little hating there yourself
Haha, maybe so.

Just a little tired of the argument that ice is better because ice is bigger.

It's like saying football, baseball, soccer, and basketball are all better than ice hockey because they are bigger.

BladesOfTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
PMP5030

I like both, and am about equally good at both, but IMO ice is far superior. It suits my personal game better (passer/playmaker, the extra man makes a HUGE difference on ice), the puck is easier to control, and it's not hot.

Some of my opinion I'm sure is affected by the crappy management of the roller hockey in my area, to the point where most of the players (myself included) have given up on it now that the ice rink is open with leagues year-round. I play only ice now, don't really have any desire anymore to play roller at all. The only real downside, which is a big one admittedly, is the cost. Fortunately the league lets you pay in installments which has really seemed to grow the interest in ice hockey around here by making it more affordable. Deadbeats get weeded out pretty quick.

PMP5030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Sportacus
:)

imho Ice is infinately more fun and smoother.

05-31-2007, 08:49 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

To me the main reason why ice is better is because your skating ability is an infinite amount better. That's the #1 reason for me. When I play roller hockey on occasion I feel like I'm going to fall over everytime I try to make a tight turn because I'm used to ice. I feel like I don't have the same balance as I would on ice.

Also I could say that it's colder in the rink which is nice .
And that ice is smoother which allows you to use a heavier puck.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Ice is better for skating and passing and stickhandling.

Roller is better for turnovers.

I'm glad there's an alternative to ice hockey, and a cheaper one to boot, but although roller is a step up from ball hockey, it's still not close to ice hockey.

Nothing matches the speed and agility you get from skating on ice.

Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:31 AM
apg96

I have played both. Ice i have played around 5 seasons and roller 8 or more. I still prefer ice. I feel roller is slower, harder, to hot and not as fun. I hate 4 on 4. I especially hate turning and stopping on roller. Im having trouble since this is my first season back to ice after play 4 yrs of high school roller, but i know after i get half way through the season ill be able to stop on a dime and cut like no other. Ice also requires more skill and stamina i think. Plus i like the contact of ice.

apg96 is offline   Reply With Quote