HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: Flyers VS Isles

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Teezax

vCash: 500
GDT: Flyers VS Isles

For the 4th time, we play the Isles...currently 3-0 against them this season, look for a better challenge this time. Hitch hopefully whipped these guys into shape after a decisive loss in Atlanta.

Flyers 2 Handzus Leclair
Isles 1 Bates

Old
12-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Steve L*

Since Hackett is playing and Im going for 5-2 Isles with at least one comedy goal from Hackett, maybe he will play it into his own net this time. :p

Prove me wrong guys!

Old
12-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Pierce34*

Pitkanen?

Old
12-23-2003, 01:33 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce34
Pitkanen?
Last I heard he was expected to be out.

Old
12-23-2003, 02:14 PM
blah

Starting lines tonight

Gagne-Roenick-Recchi
Williams-Primeau-Kapanen
LeClair-Handzus-Amonte
Fedoruk-Somik-Brashear

Old
12-23-2003, 03:47 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Starting lines tonight

Gagne-Roenick-Recchi
Williams-Primeau-Kapanen
LeClair-Handzus-Amonte
Fedoruk-Somik-Brashear
Yuck.

Hitch better have a point with all this line juggling. What is so horrible with allowing some players to develop chemistry?

Old
12-23-2003, 03:47 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
It's 1-0 after 2 periods.

This team doesn't even care. Remember how Hitch used to stress playing 60 mins? We'll be lucky if they play 5mins. I wonder if he is letting them fail so he can gain control of them, you know what I mean? Let them do it their way and when they are sick of losing... he owns their minds. Very psychological, but it's the only answer I have.

The goal wasn't Hackett's fault but they don't seem to want to play in front of him. They beat this team a few days ago with Esche in net after a few losses with Hackett and now they can't get motivated to pay attention.

I'd rather see Little get the starts and Hackett out of town.

I HAD to get that out of my system. Catharsis!!!!!

Old
12-23-2003, 04:05 PM
John Flyers Fan

Recchi !!!!!

Off the Gagne rebound.

Gagne has been the best player on the ice tonight.

Old
12-23-2003, 04:43 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I have tried to get Jeff the benefit of the doubt. I defend him and tonight, that's it. Get Esche back or put Antero in. Clarke better be watching these games. If he can't say that Jeff is killing us, then kiss this god damn season good bye. Give the division to the Devils and that's it.

Old
12-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

Quote:
The goal wasn't Hackett's fault but they don't seem to want to play in front of him
Big time screen on the Isles PP goal.Good pass through the crease on the other one. Hackett didn't suck tonight but you're right, the rest of the guys aren't helping.
Really bad news about Esche.I was hoping he would be the catalyst to get things back on track.We've played a lot of games latley, maybe 3 days off will help.If the boys get a little jump back in their legs, this is the kind of game we could have won.

Old
12-23-2003, 04:57 PM
IslanderCountry

Good game tonight fellas.
I'm sure you would have liked to get the nod...but your boys still played pretty hard and almost had us there for a while.

You guys are still the team to beat, so don't hang your heads...but They definately need to get a handle on the skid before it gets out of control.
The good news is that Philly is still making ties and OTL's out of losses, and that's what champions do...find a way to get the point...so even when on a skid, they look good.

Great game, and best of luck on the next one.

Have a merry Christmas everyone!

Old
12-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Flyers26

This team has 3 days off to "get away" from the rink, before the next game. They need to do something, because you can see this starting to spiral! Hopefully, Comrie can be a spark, and get this team on a roll... a POSITIVE roll!

Old
12-23-2003, 05:00 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
This team has 3 days off to "get away" from the rink, before the next game. They need to do something, because you can see this starting to spiral! Hopefully, Comrie can be a spark, and get this team on a roll... a POSITIVE roll!
The rest is what's needed most of all ....

.. a healthy Esche would be #2

Old
12-23-2003, 05:59 PM
blah

The whole team looks like crap.

Old
12-23-2003, 06:17 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderCountry
Good game tonight fellas.
I'm sure you would have liked to get the nod...but your boys still played pretty hard and almost had us there for a while.

You guys are still the team to beat, so don't hang your heads...but They definately need to get a handle on the skid before it gets out of control.
The good news is that Philly is still making ties and OTL's out of losses, and that's what champions do...find a way to get the point...so even when on a skid, they look good.

Great game, and best of luck on the next one.

Have a merry Christmas everyone!
Cheers buddy! Thanks for the moral support. This is not the team that started the year but I'm sure they can get back there. Any idea on the Yashin injury? That did not look good. Congratulations, the Isles were all over everything tonight. A good win for you.

Merry Christmas

Old
12-23-2003, 07:38 PM
IslanderCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
Cheers buddy! Thanks for the moral support. This is not the team that started the year but I'm sure they can get back there. Any idea on the Yashin injury? That did not look good. Congratulations, the Isles were all over everything tonight. A good win for you.

Merry Christmas
Nothing yet man...I think just a laceration that will require some stitches...but who knows. It was Handzus right? If so, he is a pretty big guy, and had no idea the arm was under there. So he was coming down full weight on the skate...could be deep. But will have to wait and see. I just wish it was Lappy or somebody small.....had to be the biggest guy on the team right! J/k....

Old
12-24-2003, 07:50 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderCountry
Nothing yet man...I think just a laceration that will require some stitches...but who knows. It was Handzus right? If so, he is a pretty big guy, and had no idea the arm was under there. So he was coming down full weight on the skate...could be deep. But will have to wait and see. I just wish it was Lappy or somebody small.....had to be the biggest guy on the team right! J/k....
Well, actually Yashin will be out 10 to 12 weeks due to tendons damages on his forearms. (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=65544&hubName=nhl ).
Sorry for you guys. I can't stand Yashin but it is always sad to see a guy hurt! I wish him a good recovery.

Closed Thread