Notices

Thrashers AHL prospects season review

Old
05-28-2007, 06:35 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Thrashers AHL prospects season review

The 2006-07 Chicago Wolves had several talented rookies including Brett Sterling, Nathan Oystrick, and Jordan LaVallee.

Read full article...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 06:27 PM
wfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
The 2006-07 Chicago Wolves had several talented rookies including Brett Sterling, Nathan Oystrick, and Jordan LaVallee.

Read full article...

this article is sad. i don't know how one person (HOLLY GUNNING, which happened to be a woman!) can judge players from Russia, Sweden, Czech rep. Slovakia, Finland and the AHL ... one i know for sure-she definately doesn't go all over the world to watch the games. i'm a wolves fan (as well as my Rangers), and actually asked the players on the team about miss Gunning. they said -quote from one unnamed forward on the team - "she has no idea what she is talking about, i'm not being mean, because she actualy allways says nice things about me (laugh) but her articles make us (the players on the squad) laugh"
they also said that the most famous sentence from her articles was from this years training camp (i think it was a rookie camp) when she said -" Little is not ready to make the team, he can't pass to himself of the boards" (they said it was one of the warm-up drills)
they also mentioned that it was funny to see her at the practise this year and then reading what she had to say. i was told she has seen the guys 3 !!! times on the ice ALL YEAR LONG and made an article about it. they found it hilarious, so do i, now that i think about it....
just wanted to share my opinion. no need to get upset anybody

and believe me, i'm in no way making this up!!!!

wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfan View Post
(EDITTED )
Little sarcasm icon or not, that was completely uncalled for. I was going to comment more on the rest, but this statement alone means you have absolutely no clue. You have completely discredited yourself.

Last edited by Majik1987: 05-30-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: That quote isn't worth reprinting
Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I remember the comment picking apart the fact that he didn't pass well to himself off the boards, and I just shook my head at that one. When it comes to camp, I only care about three things with a player:
1.) Do they listen?
2.) Do they learn?
3.) Do they hustle?

Still, HG brings far more to the boards than anyone despite her faults (and we all have faults).

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 03:27 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
this article is sad. i don't know how one person (HOLLY GUNNING, which happened to be a woman!) can judge players from Russia, Sweden, Czech rep. Slovakia, Finland and the AHL ... one i know for sure-she definately doesn't go all over the world to watch the games. i'm a wolves fan (as well as my Rangers), and actually asked the players on the team about miss Gunning. they said -quote from one unnamed forward on the team - "she has no idea what she is talking about, i'm not being mean, because she actualy allways says nice things about me (laugh) but her articles make us (the players on the squad) laugh"
they also said that the most famous sentence from her articles was from this years training camp (i think it was a rookie camp) when she said -" Little is not ready to make the team, he can't pass to himself of the boards" (they said it was one of the warm-up drills)
they also mentioned that it was funny to see her at the practise this year and then reading what she had to say. i was told she has seen the guys 3 !!! times on the ice ALL YEAR LONG and made an article about it. they found it hilarious, so do i, now that i think about it....

You're more than welcome to keep your opinions to yourself. Personally, I enjoy Holly's articles.

Besides, my brother's uncle who has a friend who's one of your friends - who shall remain unnamed - says that you have no idea what you're talking about, and that you're an idiot. That is a direct quote.

See? I can do it too. Don't assume you bring any credibility with statements like the one you just made.

How could you honestly expect a post like that to not create any hostile reactions? You can't really be that much of a fool, can you?

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:

That was really mean... She obviously can't do the job of an entire scouting department, but in the absence of dependable sources of information on Thrashers prospects, getting to hear ANYTHING from someone consistently is enough to make me appreciate her and her work. If you don't like what she has to say, don't read it, but there is no need to flame her and her career. You also destroyed any validity I might have given you by showing you are sexist, which I have to assume is the source of your obvious jealousy and contempt towards Ms. Gunning.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
just wanted to share my opinion. no need to get upset anybody and believe me, i'm in no way making this up!!!!
This is a discussion forum which means you're free to air your views of course. But instead of just attacking the writer why don't you offer your own take on the players? Making a long winded post pointing out that she's a woman and doesn't travel the world tells me nothing about why you think she is wrong. Attacking the writer does nothing for readers here. If have a specific disagreement state your case.

Having read her stuff for a long time I can tell you she has been right about a great many players in the long run. I can also tell you that sometimes players have inflated opinions about themselves or certain teammates. They're not always right either. I've heard some hilarious things over the years about how player X is certain to make it to the NHL when it is pretty obvious to me that player X needs a miracle for that to happen. Brad Tapper is one person who comes to mind.

Last edited by Enstrom39: 06-01-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 07:04 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Holly Gunning is a woman?

Learn something new every day

I think her track record speaks for itself, and you won't find anyone with a better working knowledge of the Thrashers organization around these parts. If it isn't her opinion, it is likely the opinion of one of the main decision makers in Thrashers management.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Tekneek

Wow, hockey players might laugh about what somebody writes about them? They might not agree with it? Remind me why this should be news to anyone?

If you think you've got a better take, please write it. If these players think they have a better idea, they should take up the keyboard and communicate it. They aren't under any NDA that would prevent them from having a blog, posting on messageboards, or other things. I know they have the time to do a little bit.

If one of you "smart" and "insightful" hockey players is reading this, please accept the challenge and give an official retort to Holly's articles instead of sniping behind her back.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote