HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Jaroslav Hlinka signed one-year deal with Avs

Old
05-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Mirinho

vCash: 500
Jaroslav Hlinka signed one-year deal with Avs

According to Czech media Jaroslav Hlinka signed a one year deal with Colorado. He was the best player in the Czech league last season and played well in the World Championship. He is copy of David Vyborny (from CBJ) . Vyborny's sister is Hlinka's wife.

My favourite czech player!

http://www.hcsparta.cz/hrac.asp?ID=610&kategorie=MUZ

some video (he is #17)

http://zlatahelma.hokej.cz/admin/_vi..._07/0303-3.mpg

Last edited by Mirinho: 05-31-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 06:08 AM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

This is Sparta!

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Colorado Avalanche

I like this move. Could mean that Svatos is as good as gone though.

Thanks for the information and link.

Impressive stats in Extraliga.

Last edited by Colorado Avalanche: 05-31-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 06:31 AM
Kaizer

Wow! Nice signing ... As fan of Team Russia, I have to admit he is good player He will be good addition for Avs

Full stats - http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...cgi?serial=460

Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Faktisti*

so he is a playmaker, what place he plays? center?

i have to say that he has very impressive stats in extraleague but allways have to rememver the level if that league.. its not as high leveling as SEL or FEL

Faktisti* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuiskaaja View Post
so he is a playmaker, what place he plays? center?
he is usually center, but when is needed he can play LW

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Faktisti*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
he is usually center, but when is needed he can play LW
okk thanks

Faktisti* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 07:31 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Its a one year, two-way deal.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
How is his defensive game?

Old
05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Coug555

And so the wave of Euro's begins.

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
He plays the opposite wing of Svatos. It could be an awesome signing if the Avs decide to go crazy offense. Mmmm...Hlinka-Richardson-Svatos...I know, I'm a dreamer...let me be.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Sounds like this guy will replace Arnason or McLean.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 11:56 AM
12# Peter Bondra

He plays like Vyborny but IMO, is less gritty than Vyborny and is quite small even for European standards.

Old
05-31-2007, 11:57 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
I'd expect him to more replace Arnason than McLean. It looks like the Avs may once again go with three offensive lines. I'm just really hoping that they add some size and get some damn good defensive talent for that last line. I think we've all seen what a good checking line (Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermayer) can do for a team.

Old
05-31-2007, 11:57 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Arnason is better than him in my opinion.

Old
05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra View Post
Arnason is better than him in my opinion.
I assume you've seen him play. Does he have Arnason's consistency issues? I absoultely loved Arnason's play some nights and totally forgot he was on the team others.

That and the fact that he's on a two-way could be huge.

Overall I'm really happy with the signing, hopefully the Avs keep making smart under the radar signings and don't go after Souray.

Old
05-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
I assume you've seen him play. Does he have Arnason's consistency issues? I absoultely loved Arnason's play some nights and totally forgot he was on the team others.

Overall I'm really happy with the signing, hopefully the Avs keep making smart under the radar signings and don't go after Souray.
I'm okay rolling 3 offensive lines, especially if we can score at the clip that we did last season. I think a checking line (technically a 4th line, but getting 3rd line minutes) centered by Guite would be a very beneficial situation.

After watching Ottawa for some time now in the playoffs, I wish Skrastins would block shots like Volchenkov and Philips instead of flopping onto the ice with his whole body.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 12:16 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
I'm okay rolling 3 offensive lines, especially if we can score at the clip that we did last season. I think a checking line (technically a 4th line, but getting 3rd line minutes) centered by Guite would be a very beneficial situation.

After watching Ottawa for some time now in the playoffs, I wish Skrastins would block shots like Volchenkov and Philips instead of flopping onto the ice with his whole body.
The thing is Skrastins' play just seemed to drop like a rock this season. Prior to this seaosn he was very good positionally and blocked shots by getting in front of them instead of flopping around hoping it hit him. I'm starting to think that he only played as long as he did to get the record, which is fine by me, but I'm hoping his body has healed properly and he plays to the level that is expected of him. If we get a GOOD Skrastins back for next season than we already have the beginnings of a good shutdown pair.

I think our checking line will be Someone-Guite-Lappy. Or some formation of that. I'm just really hoping we get a physical, mobile guy that is great at the defensive side of the game. Right now as long as he is fast-ish, can hit, and play a smart defensive game I could care less if he scores a point all season.

Old
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Horsehouse

what were this guys stats last season?

edit: n/m GP-46: 19-38-57
for the playoffs, GP-16: 4-12-16

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Golden Foppa

I know absolutely nothing about this guy. Is he a guy that would be expected to start the season in Colorado?

I like three offensive lines too as long as the 4th line has grinders that like to hit and can be a shut down line.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 02:17 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
I know absolutely nothing about this guy. Is he a guy that would be expected to start the season in Colorado?

I like three offensive lines too as long as the 4th line has grinders that like to hit and can be a shut down line.
And I add that they should be played enough to actually contribute to the game. Not just a few odd shifts but be played like a third line against top guys.

I don't think trying to outscore the opponents is going to work so well for the AVs in the future because as much as I hate to say it...Joe ain't getting younger and neither is Hejduk. The AVs need to PREVENT the opponents from scoring in addition to hoping that Joe stays as youthful and healthy as he was this last season and hoping that Milan continues to play to his level and relatively injury free.

For me, I'm beginning to think our next season will hang on our ability to limit games loss due to injury more than anything else. I simply don't think the D is going to be up to the task of shutting folks down, especially if we go and get Souray as so many rumors have us doing. I expect to see high scoring games where we leave points on the table because we don't improve the overall d-game to the point where it needs to be to reap the rewards of the playoffs. That would include giving up leads and just not outscoring teams on a few given nights. It'll be another tough season and it should end in a playoff appearance...but I don't think we'll go far until we adress some issues.

The Ducks are a team I find it easy to root for now. They are big, fast, skilled and tough. I admire all of those qualities. The AVs have skilled and fast down at points but are somewhat lacking in the big and tough department. Not that they don't have the personnel...but more because those qualities are not necessarily a part of the overall game-plan as far as I can see. I've not heard anyone suggesting that the AVs should try to wear down a team or beat them into submission recently. I don't want a complete over-haul of the team but I do think we need a little more of that injected into our game-plan before we become serious Cup contenders.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Horsehouse

I dont mind 3 offensive lines either. as long as we outscore the opponents and the D does their job somewhat.

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 02:29 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post

I dont know. I have only seen him play in the WC's (both multiple times) and Arnason is more skilled, a bit bigger in size and younger.

Im not saying Hlinka wont succeed but how many 30 year old's who have never played in North America make it on a team loaded with offense?

Old
05-31-2007, 02:37 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra View Post
I dont know. I have only seen him play in the WC's (both multiple times) and Arnason is more skilled, a bit bigger in size and younger.

Im not saying Hlinka wont succeed but how many 30 year old's who have never played in North America make it on a team loaded with offense?
Nice point.

Could it be possible that he will be used in a mentor-type role at the AHL level then? In my own opinion though, it would kinda suck to leave top-level status to come to North America to play at the AHL level.

All in all, I look at this as an insurance signing just in case we don't have rookie making the leap. Hlinka could fill in on the third/fouth lines depending upon what happens over the rest of the summer.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
And I add that they should be played enough to actually contribute to the game. Not just a few odd shifts but be played like a third line against top guys.
Exactly. If we are going to have 3 offensively skilled lines, the 4th needs to have the qualities mentioned and it needs to be able to play a regular shift thus making us a 4 line team. Rolling 4 lines would also possibly cut down on injuries.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote