HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sheldon Souray?

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2003, 02:34 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Sheldon Souray?

What type of defensemen is he? He can't be a stay at home defencemen, cause he loves to pinch at the perfect times, and ussually SAHD can't see those plays. Is he a Physical defencemen, maybe, they aren't ussually a scoring force in the present NHL, but some players are like Pronger and Blake. Or is he just a flat out Scoring defencemen, but are like Lindstrom and Gonchar.

I would say he would be in the category with Blake and Pronger(only if he keeps up his game) but the thing is there has to be a category for him no, like something else where they have 2 of the categories in one?

Old
12-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Tony Danza

I consider him to be a physical defenseman. One of the reasons he is able to score other than the fact that he has a cannon for a shot is the fact that he keeps it low which allows the forwards to create a screen on the goalie without fear of having their heads taken off.

Old
12-25-2003, 03:19 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
What type of defensemen is he? He can't be a stay at home defencemen, cause he loves to pinch at the perfect times, and ussually SAHD can't see those plays. Is he a Physical defencemen, maybe, they aren't ussually a scoring force in the present NHL, but some players are like Pronger and Blake. Or is he just a flat out Scoring defencemen, but are like Lindstrom and Gonchar.

I would say he would be in the category with Blake and Pronger(only if he keeps up his game) but the thing is there has to be a category for him no, like something else where they have 2 of the categories in one?
all his career going back to jersey hes always been touted as a SAHD,
now hes elivated his game to 2 way defenceman, id agree, hes in a class of the prongers and blakes.
i compliment cj for elivating his game, giving him minutes, and pp roles,
cj knows how to develope players talents.
heres aanother question, how many of you think his offencive play as of late is for real, or do you think he'll settle down???

Old
12-25-2003, 03:28 PM
jcpenny

Its sounds a little bit like Al Mcinnis. Sheldon finally knows what he can bring to a team an what he has to do to be succesfull in the NHL.

Old
12-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Medicine Twin

I think he'll settle down a bit, but I hope he can average out to a 30-35 pt., 15 goals/year player. Hopefully we don't have to put up with a Sean Hill type who has 40pts one season and 15pts the next, then back to 40 again. That would just annoy the hell out of us all.

Old
12-25-2003, 03:37 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Souray has been a favorite of mine since he came here for Malakhov. I love the fact that he is doing awesome, but I don't know how long it will last. I actually didn't think it would last this long to be honest. I hope it continues, but who knows, how long did it take for people to accept Demitra as an elite player or Alfredson? We will have to wait and see, I know people here hate waiting considering they are making lineups for the 2005-2006 season on the boring days, but that is what we will have to do.

Old
12-25-2003, 05:51 PM
tipping point

Doesn't he remind you guys of Al Iafrate. Big, though, freakin bullet from the point...

Old
12-25-2003, 06:23 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipping point
Doesn't he remind you guys of Al Iafrate. Big, though, freakin bullet from the point...
If he turns ouot like him, AWESOME

Old
12-25-2003, 06:31 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
If he turns ouot like him, AWESOME
I would definately not mind having a player similar to Al Iafrate on our blueline

Closed Thread