HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Save The Preds Benefit Concert and Silent Auction

Old
06-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Hazeltherabbit

vCash: 500
Save The Preds Benefit Concert and Silent Auction

If you live in or close to Nashville come out and support two great causes. 1) Big Brother Big Sister and 2) The Nashville Predators
PM me if you need any additional info, please PM me.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Great to see BBBS involved. I was a 'little brother' when I was growing up and it was a great experience for me.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:34 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Just curious, and not meaning to sound as flippant here as I will...but...how does this "benefit" the Predators?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Just curious, and not meaning to sound as flippant here as I will...but...how does this "benefit" the Predators?
All net proceeds will go to buy tickets to the Preds games, thereby increasing ticket sales.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
All net proceeds will go to buy tickets to the Preds games, thereby increasing ticket sales.
ah, thank you, that's what I was wondering. So the tickets will be given to the BBBS program? That's a good idea.

Old
06-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
All the money from the concert and the Silent Auction are going to be used to buy charity season tickets for Big Brother Big Sister. Even though it might seem like a small number of tickets, we are shooting for buying as many as possible and will be donated to other worthy charities. How it benefits the Preds is 1) It ups season ticket sales. 2) We already have The Chamber of Commerce Behind us, 104.5, 102.9 and have been mentioned in the Tennessean and the City Paper. Even if the ticket amount that we are able to buy is relatively low, the exposure that we are getting is huge. Also, local DJs, other local celebs and possibly a player are going to be at this concert. It will be a great way to start the hype for the Rally that 104.5 is planning. No More Kids, you should come to our next rally meeting. We are grassroots, but we are already making a difference. 3) We as fans are interacting with businesses and are getting them involved with the Silent Auction. Nothing bad could come of that.

Also, buy a "Save The Preds" T-shirt, All profits are going toward the Big Brother Big Sister Charity Ticket Fund. I was told that 10 shirts are being bought an hour!!!
Click here to get yours: (Hey they are inexpensive too!)
http://home.comcast.net/~37215/shirt.htm

Old
06-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Paincakes

Awesome!

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 12:00 PM
GLARES*

UPDATED FLYER:

GLARES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Kafka

I think the only way who can keep this team is by buying tickets.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 02:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I think the only way who can keep this team is by buying tickets.
Did you read the thread or just the title? The proceeds will be used to buy tickets, which will be donated to Big Brothers\Big Sisters.

Old
06-19-2007, 02:30 AM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Just wondering why this isn't being held at the Sommet Center? Availability issues?

If someone decided they wanted to buy extra tickets for themselves or if others just wanted to buy for the first time, they could walk around and see which seats are available to be purchased. And we all know that bands can play there.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Just wondering why this isn't being held at the Sommet Center? Availability issues?

If someone decided they wanted to buy extra tickets for themselves or if others just wanted to buy for the first time, they could walk around and see which seats are available to be purchased. And we all know that bands can play there.
Probably because of a couple of factors...mainly...

1) The Sommet Center would cost big bucks that simply are not available here.
2) The Rutledge is donating their facility for that time period free of charge and allowing the benefit to keep all door receipts.
3) None of those bands could probably sell enough tickets to make an event at the Sommet Center anywhere near profitable (no offense intended to any of the bands - I am planning on going to the concert)

I understand your thought about selling tickets, but I don't think this is really an event to entice new fans to buy seats. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of Predators ticket information available at the event, but this is mainly designed for existing Predator fans to get together and have a good time, while raising money to purchase season-tickets for the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Foundation and raising some awareness about our fight to keep the Predators in Nashville.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Stranger

Quote:
Did you read the thread or just the title? The proceeds will be used to buy tickets, which will be donated to Big Brothers\Big Sisters.
Holy crap, we're supposed to read here before posting our opinions?

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

Its not a bad idea at all. We wanted a nice intimate environment, that can still hold a bunch of people. The owner of The Rutlage put over $1 million in the renovations of that place, it has food, bar and can be all ages. (With a guardian of course) So, in 3 weeks come one come all.

Old
06-22-2007, 04:18 PM
GarretJoseph

Goodluck guys! i'll def buy one shirt for the cause! can't promise that i'll wear it though!

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Requin
Lurkedylurk

Hey guys. Sounds like the Preds are staying in Nashville... congrats! As a Sharks fan, I'm no friend of yours, but you definitely don't deserve to lose your team. Good luck in the future (but not too much)

Last edited by Requin: 06-22-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
Requin is offline   Reply With Quote