HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McGrattan in?

Old
06-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Calorissi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
This could be a good move. A big guy who could be put out there and not be run over against May and Thornton could be a good thing. Besides, there's the whole mental aspect of guys like Spezza of just having Gratts there, and you know he'd be jacked to play in his first ever playoff game.

And besides, what's the worst that can happen? McGrattan goes out and has a bad couple of shifts and Murray benches him and gives the top 9 more minutes. It's not like Saprykin has added that much to the team that he'd be missed very much if a couple of players take an extra 2 minutes of ice time to make up for his 6 or 7. I think that Fisher should be playing closer to 20 minutes rather than the 15-16 he's been getting this round anyways...
I like where you were going with this, but I would not mind having Alfie double-shifted with Sappy and McAmmond. Schubert can definately play with Vermette and Kelly to add size to that line (if needed). There are many possibilities and we need to start seeing Murry mix it up a bit to beat the checking line and defensive pairings of the Ducks.

Calorissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Captain_Cunney

If it is for Neil because Neil is hurt, I'm ok with it. If it is for anyone else, it is a terrible move. Gratts would barely be able to keep up with the Ducks if he was playing every day, sitting for 2 months is only going to put him way way way behind. Sure he could hit, but he wont' be able to catch them to hit him.

However, like I said, if it is cuz Neiler is hurt, so be it. Put him on the 4th line, let Sappy, Deaner, & Schubie roatate through with Vermette/Kelly thoughout the game.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Colt.45Orr

If McGratts goes in then Parros will be put in for the Ducks --most likely... which would break up the good chemistry that the Ducks have going on that 4th line. You are down 2-0... changing the 12th forward isn't the end of the world, especially against the most physical team in hockey. I would have put him in in game 2 to be honest.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
ladybugblue

According to this video nothing is confirmed but Murray is not saying it won't happen either...

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/video/lates...p_secert_plays

ladybugblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 09:44 PM
druthemole

In light of Neil's wife having a baby, I would think that Murray was covering the possibility of him being unable to make the game if there were unforseen complications........As much as I'd love to see Grats in there t6o spark things up and possibly create an imbalance for the Ducks, IMO we won't see him.....

druthemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
TheRealRazor

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Saprykin - Fisher - Comrie
Vermette - Kelly - Neil
Schaefer - McAmmond - Eaves

- Healthy scratches: Grats/Schubert (what has he done for us lately?)
- Keep the big line together
- Preferably, Emery in goal

That's what I'd like to see.

TheRealRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
moz
Gute Post

This would be a terrible idea. He did absolutely nothing of use for us during the regular season. Hardly even fought. You can't hit what you can't catch, and it would be a terrible mistake to play him for anything more than the 3 minutes he was averaging before February (also the last time he played). And if he only plays the three minutes, well, what's the point? I'd rather have Eaves/Schubert/Saprykin or even Hennessy in. Christ, put Bois in if you have to. Not McGrattan.

06-02-2007, 02:01 PM
baka

06-07 Fighting Majors

Ducks - 71
Sens - 26

I don't like the Sens chances too much if they wanna dance with the Ducks.

baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 03:10 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
This would be a terrible idea. He did absolutely nothing of use for us during the regular season. Hardly even fought. You can't hit what you can't catch, and it would be a terrible mistake to play him for anything more than the 3 minutes he was averaging before February (also the last time he played). And if he only plays the three minutes, well, what's the point? I'd rather have Eaves/Schubert/Saprykin or even Hennessy in. Christ, put Bois in if you have to. Not McGrattan.
I'm thinking/hoping Murray is just trying to plant a seed of doubt with this. Because with him talking about giving the fourth line a more regular shift since they've been pretty good, I'll lose every ounce of faith in him if he actually dresses McGrattan.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 10:53 PM
freakin

for Murray not being an idiot

(no offense btw, to the posters who wanted this to happen)

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
druthemole

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
for Murray not being an idiot

(no offense btw, to the posters who wanted this to happen)
No need to apologise..........Big Daddy Neil did more than his share 2nite!!!

druthemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Brandi

Man, I'd like to see Gratts fight pronger

Yummmyyyyyy

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote