HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Eklund at it again... Jagr to Edmonton?

Old
06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83to48 View Post
wow....
lowe wouldnt do this at all
smid will be a better dman than anyone of ur dman except maybe staal
no offence
Yeah, and Jagr is Jagr (and only costing 4M).

Jagr would cost WAY WAY WAY WAY more than just a guy like Smid. Youc an fill in 1st round picks for all of the "WAY"s.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 08:57 PM
NYR469

people saying that the oilers have nothing to trade us are completely wrong, with hemsky, stoll, lupul, torres, etc plus 3 1st rounders this year and 2 1st rounders next year they could easily put together a package that would be too good to pass up IF they wanted to be crazy. of course they would never offer enough to make us consider trading jagr so its pointless...

but what makes this rumor even more stupid. just a few months ago the oilers traded their captain/heart & soul/face of the franchise cause they couldn't get him signed long term and now they are gonna turn around and trade a crapload of assets so they can pay jagr more money then smyth??

the oilers might be the least likely team to go after him...if you are gonna make up rumors atleast us some common sense

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
To NYR:

3 1st round picks in 2007
1st round pick in 2008
1st round pick in 2009
Smid

To EDM:

Jagr
Care package of fruits and crackers
No thanks from Edmonton if that's the asking price. Smid wouldn't be going anywhere unless a 1-2 defensemen was traded to Edmonton. Jagr isn't a 1-2 defensemen. The deal would be better value if it was just the 5 firsts anyways. I really don't think Jagr is worth 6 first rounders, I could be wrong but that's my opinon anyways. That said I still woudn't make the trade if it were only the 5 firsts. The Oilers need a #1 C or LW to play with Hemsky, not someone take away his first line minutes. If the price wasn't so high I would find a way to make it work but I sure wouldn't dismantle the future (6 first round picks ) for someone who might already be passed his prime.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

only way rangers would trade him to edmonton, is if he flat out asked for a trade, and would only goto edmonton, AND we were being accommodating.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Wasn't he banned from these boards. That jackass, I could honestly be him, make up some ********, report exactly whats on tsn at the same time it shows up there. Enough with this guy I can't stand the sight of his name when i log on here.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
squishy

Does anyone know for sure that Slat's deal with Washington is transferable?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

The only reason Sather moves Jagr is because what's coming back gives him a better chance to win a Stanley Cup in the next couple of years. And since, regardless of how many 1st round picks are included, Jagr is the best player in the deal, it's very unlikely Sather would do it. End of story.

Unless of course, you feel that the only thing preventing Sather from acting like a Jackass was having Maloney around, in which case, they are finalizing the deal as we speak.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Balej20*

Does Eklund make money doing what he does?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Does Eklund make money doing what he does?
heck yeah.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
heck yeah.
Wow, I wish I could make money just for making up complete lies.

I'll try right now...

I heard a rumor that the Rangers are looking to trade Lundqvist, Tyutin, Callahan and Girardi to the Islanders for Yashin. Now pay me money for that rumor.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I heard a rumor that the Rangers are looking to trade Lundqvist, Tyutin, Callahan and Girardi to the Islanders for Yashin. Now pay me money for that rumor.
The sad thing is, the Islanders trade (Spezza and Chara for Yashin) was almost that idiotic.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 07:03 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
The sad thing is, the Islanders trade (Spezza and Chara for Yashin) was almost that idiotic.
Had it not been for Mad Mike and his trades, the Isles would have been a legit powerhouse. Scary when you consider the players (aside from Spezza & Chara) that Millbury traded away

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Had it not been for Mad Mike and his trades, the Isles would have been a legit powerhouse. Scary when you consider the players (aside from Spezza & Chara) that Millbury traded away
Yeah, Luongo and Jokinen comes to mind. Then they could have traded Dippy for something good. Mad Mike had the special talent of making players seriously underperform under him. Then they traded Tommy Salo quite cheap as well if I remember it correct.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 08:20 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Yeah, Luongo and Jokinen comes to mind.
Along with Redden & Mcabe. Think on it. Luongo, Jokinen, Redden, Chara, Mcabe, Spezza....that was the beginning of some kind of lineup.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 08:28 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Along with Redden & Mcabe. Think on it. Luongo, Jokinen, Redden, Chara, Mcabe, Spezza....that was the beginning of some kind of lineup.
also would have dany heatley if they didn't use that #1 pick on dipi...so they could have 2/3 of ottawa's top line.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I thought Jagr was the only Ranger with a NTC

REGARDLESS

He doesnt want to be in Edmonton. If they thought the Pronger situation was awkward unhappy Jagr up in great white north will be a real party

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Titan124

Jagr would be terrible in Edmonton. For his sake and Edmonton's sake, I hope this deal doesn't go down (and I'm an Islander fan...).

Titan124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
It's rumors like this that make me realize how long it's been since 90+% of us have had anything hockey-related to banter about.

This is THE worst time of the year for those of us who root for teams not left in the POs. After the Cup has been won, you've got the draft, then the summer rookie leagues, then training camps, etc. But for the month (plus) when you're team isn't in it, all you get is this crap...

As pleased as I am with the recent rebuilding effort, you're absolutely KIDDING yourself if you think the Rangers are trading Jags without having a replacement elite player lined up.
Exactly, this is always the most frustating time being a hockey fan if your team isn't still playing. Remember when we used to not even make the playoffs, the offseason really felt like forever then.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 10:15 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
It's funny that Oilers fans are coming in here, and saying "Uhm, no thanks". We're not moving Jagr, it doesn't matter how incredibly overpayed we are. Well, maybe for Crosby, sure, I could see us moving him. But that's about the only way you'll get him out of here. I'd move him for Ottawas top line, too. Maybe Anaheims blue line.

He means too much to the Rangers right now. He's not going anywhere.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 10:19 AM
philbo

As if we needed anymore evidence that Eklund has NO street cred!

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

you'd think he'd not post **** like that to help his image.....

Old
06-02-2007, 10:33 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Yeah, not going to happen...
Eklund is truly stupid for every listen to the genious source who gave him this gem.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

If.....and thats a BIG IF Jagr were to be traded it would have to be to a team he WANTED to go to, an obvious contender?

Perhaps not. He wanted NY and we were far from a contender, but he helped make us one. This is his team, it wasnt handed to him HE EARNED IT

I predict JJ wins the the scoring title next season and the Rangers go at least to the ECF.

Old
06-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Yeah, not going to happen...
Eklund is truly stupid for every listen to the genious source who gave him this gem.
If eklund was my buddy I would endlessly f with him by feeding him silly "rumors" just because....

Old
06-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Uh, there are 0 options if they want a guy like Jagr for the price he costs against the cap right now.
No. Cap hit isn't everything, and if I'm looking to give up a ton of assets, I'd be looking elsewhere first.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote