HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will the Rangers sign?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2007, 08:27 PM
  #1
King Henrik
Registered User
 
King Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Who will the Rangers sign?

Any of the BIG three? I dont think we sign any.

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
  #2
BJo
Registered User
 
BJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,357
vCash: 500
I think it depends on Shanahan. If he resigns then they probably won't sign drury, briere, or Gomez. But if Shanny doesn't sign I could see the Rags bringing in one of those three guys. If i was them i wouldn't resign Shanny. He had a good year and is a great player and still quite effective. But if you have the opportunity to sign one of those three guys for 4 or 5 years I think it puts the organization in a better place in the present and future.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 08:49 PM
  #3
gers*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
havent we had about 100 of these threads already?

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 08:54 PM
  #4
King Henrik
Registered User
 
King Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisbisk View Post
havent we had about 100 of these threads already?
It's my first day here sorry. I should have scanned the board first.

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:22 PM
  #5
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik View Post
It's my first day here sorry. I should have scanned the board first.
the firing squad will be assembled at dawn.




jk, lol, dont worry about it, just read through some of the other threads, weve talked a lot about this, particularly in the Forsberg thread down a few links....

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:33 PM
  #6
King Henrik
Registered User
 
King Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
the firing squad will be assembled at dawn.




jk, lol, dont worry about it, just read through some of the other threads, weve talked a lot about this, particularly in the Forsberg thread down a few links....
lol, Illmake sure next time. What's your story I see Georgia.

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:36 PM
  #7
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik View Post
It's my first day here sorry. I should have scanned the board first.
don't worry about it. some people ***** about everything

i don't think they sign any as well but show interest in gomez and drury. i also think shanny comes back.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:37 PM
  #8
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik View Post
lol, Illmake sure next time. What's your story I see Georgia.
well, born and raised in NY, moved to NJ for HS and college (rutgers) and moved to atlanta for a job w/ BellSouth. have since left the company to try other things.


many transplanted fans down south. truth be told, its much much much nicer here than up north (in my opinion)

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:40 PM
  #9
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,578
vCash: 500
I think they pass on Gomer, Drury, Briere because to price will be to high.

I think they could sign Forsberg. A good move imo

They also could put together a big time trade to bring a center like Marleau of Richards to NYR

I also wont be surprised if Ryan Smyth ends up a Ranger

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:41 PM
  #10
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I think they pass on Gomer, Drury, Briere because to price will be to high.

I think they could sign Forsberg. A good move imo

They also could put together a big time trade to bring a center like Marleau of Richards to NYR

I also wont be surprised if Ryan Smyth ends up a Ranger
the only way i see that happening is if Shanny doesnt come back, and the only way i see shanny not coming back is if he decides its time to call it a career.

before i get accosted, let me just say, these are my OPINIONS, im not stating them as facts, nor do i have any inside knowledge of these things.

(covering my butt, too many people have gotten on others for saying stuff like that)

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:47 PM
  #11
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
I could see them signing one of Drury or Gomez. If they don't sign either of them, I bet they will bring in a center through trade. I highly doubt the Rangers sign Briere.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:47 PM
  #12
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I think they pass on Gomer, Drury, Briere because to price will be to high.

I think they could sign Forsberg. A good move imo

They also could put together a big time trade to bring a center like Marleau of Richards to NYR

I also wont be surprised if Ryan Smyth ends up a Ranger
eh I don't know about that. if you paid any attention to his comments and the feeling when the Isles acquired him, it certainly didn't seem as though he is even open to the thought of major relocating. who knows how he feels since. maybe the isles won him over

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
  #13
King Henrik
Registered User
 
King Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
well, born and raised in NY, moved to NJ for HS and college (rutgers) and moved to atlanta for a job w/ BellSouth. have since left the company to try other things.


many transplanted fans down south. truth be told, its much much much nicer here than up north (in my opinion)
Im from Brooklyn now live in Staten Island. I don't think I can ever leave here lol. I wouldnt be able to go to any Ranger games!!!!

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
  #14
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
eh I don't know about that. if you paid any attention to his comments and the feeling when the Isles acquired him, it certainly didn't seem as though he is even open to the thought of major relocating. who knows how he feels since. maybe the isles won him over
also, rumor has it the Isles have offered him anywhere from 6-10 years (depending on who you hear it from). nobody is going to come close to matching that for this guy.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 10:21 PM
  #15
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
I dont think there is any way the Rangers get Smyth, IMO he is going to be an Islander or go back to a western team. As for the other three, I personally think Drury would be the most likely to being wearing a Rangers sweater, but stranger things have happened.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 10:40 PM
  #16
BJo
Registered User
 
BJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,357
vCash: 500
I'd think twice before signing Briere or Drury. Drury is a 50-60 point guy who happened to have a real good year this year with 37 goals. He won't put those numbbers up with a less offensively skilled team. Yea he's clutch in the playoffs, but i think his skill level is being extremely overrated at this point. I wouldn't spend nearly the amount on him as i would on Gomez. Briere has had injury problems throughout his career right? I'd be worried about his health, especially in terms of giving him a long term contract.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 11:48 PM
  #17
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
The Rangers have elite goaltending, a decent defence and a solid 1st, 3rd and 4th line. Concentrate on the 2nd line.

Hartnell - big physical bull that can score 25 goals and is only 25 years old.
Prucha - already have him, Big Hartnell creates more space for Prucha

that leaves a center. I don't see any good fits on the free agent market, with the exeption of Forsberg, if h signed a 1 yr contract so I figure thy will need to go the trade route. Not a whole lot out there that wouldn't cost us the farm. I would try Horcroff out of Edmonton for the hole at center. 2 years left at 3.6 per yr. Maybe they would take Malik of our hands with a pick or secondary prospect. After all they are rebuilding.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 12:23 AM
  #18
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
The Rangers have elite goaltending, a decent defence and a solid 1st, 3rd and 4th line. Concentrate on the 2nd line.

Hartnell - big physical bull that can score 25 goals and is only 25 years old.
Prucha - already have him, Big Hartnell creates more space for Prucha

that leaves a center. I don't see any good fits on the free agent market, with the exeption of Forsberg, if h signed a 1 yr contract so I figure thy will need to go the trade route. Not a whole lot out there that wouldn't cost us the farm. I would try Horcroff out of Edmonton for the hole at center. 2 years left at 3.6 per yr. Maybe they would take Malik of our hands with a pick or secondary prospect. After all they are rebuilding.
These are my thoughts. Everyone is expecting the Rangers to sign Drury, Gomez, Briere, Timmonen, etc. All I'm expecting is a #4 type defenseman, and a 2nd line caliber player. The Rangers problem is not having a 2nd line we have 2 3rd lines. If you want teams to stop quaduple teaming Jagr, you've got to give them somebody else to cover besides Marcel Hossa.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 12:27 AM
  #19
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
The Rangers have elite goaltending, a decent defence and a solid 1st, 3rd and 4th line. Concentrate on the 2nd line.

Hartnell - big physical bull that can score 25 goals and is only 25 years old.
Prucha - already have him, Big Hartnell creates more space for Prucha

that leaves a center. I don't see any good fits on the free agent market, with the exeption of Forsberg, if h signed a 1 yr contract so I figure thy will need to go the trade route. Not a whole lot out there that wouldn't cost us the farm. I would try Horcroff out of Edmonton for the hole at center. 2 years left at 3.6 per yr. Maybe they would take Malik of our hands with a pick or secondary prospect. After all they are rebuilding.
Hartnell is the same age as Hossa and much bigger upside and would no mind him replacing him. Hartnell also plays a more physical game that we can use, and can score.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 12:33 AM
  #20
RangerSteve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
These are my thoughts. Everyone is expecting the Rangers to sign Drury, Gomez, Briere, Timmonen, etc. All I'm expecting is a #4 type defenseman, and a 2nd line caliber player. The Rangers problem is not having a 2nd line we have 2 3rd lines. If you want teams to stop quaduple teaming Jagr, you've got to give them somebody else to cover besides Marcel Hossa.
We certainly have plenty of those already.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 12:44 AM
  #21
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I dont think there is any way the Rangers get Smyth, IMO he is going to be an Islander or go back to a western team.
Dont all great Oilers end up Rangers in the end.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 03:18 AM
  #22
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I think they pass on Gomer, Drury, Briere because to price will be to high.

I think they could sign Forsberg. A good move imo

They also could put together a big time trade to bring a center like Marleau of Richards to NYR

I also wont be surprised if Ryan Smyth ends up a Ranger
Ok..........
Richards, Doubtfull
Forsberg NO!
Smyth, UGH NO
MARLEAU, YES!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 10:14 AM
  #23
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Dont all great Oilers end up Rangers in the end.
Very true lol, but I still dont see it happening. But like I said stranger things have happened

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
  #24
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Ok..........
Richards, Doubtfull
Forsberg NO!
Smyth, UGH NO
MARLEAU, YES!

Actually, I think the Rangers have a better shot at getting Richards, as opposed to Marleau. They match up better with what TB might want/need. Plus, they could use such a deal to move out salaries like Cullen and/or Malik.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
  #25
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Gomez is the perfect fit for us. A center who can gain the offensive zone, a skill owned by far too few present Rangers but I doubt we'll even make an attempt at him.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.