HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin Campbell = hypocrite

Old
06-04-2007, 12:58 AM
shoeshine5

vCash: 500
The conspiracy theorist version:

The NHL obviously wanted the Sabres to win, so no goal.

The NHL wants Ottawa to win, and is playing up the Canada angle every chance they get... so goal.

The real version:

Just another example of inconsistent calling. Goal or no goal.

To me, I thought he clearly stretched out his foot to kick at it.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Greg in MA

Looked like a decent attempt at a stop to me. He had a Duck player's stick pulling up on his rib cage as well.

It could also be argued that it looked like his skate caught an edge and "bounced up". I can't exactly explain it too well, but anyone who has skated before should have a general idea of what I'm getting at.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Badko

Can anyone explain to me how that video replay (from any angle at any speed) provided sufficient evidence to actually overturn the call on the ice. The ref called no goal because he kicked it in.

If it had been called a goal on ice, I would have no problem with the video being unable to overturn that.

Incidentally, I think the ref deserves an apology. It was a good call.

Badko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 12:02 PM
bagh

Guys, the rules say you can deflect it in w/ your skates. That's what Alfredson did. If you looked at it from the angle I did. It was pretty obvious. The puck was shot in on net, Alfie saw and angled his skate. It bounced of the skate and I think it was getzlaf who pushed him and created a forward momentum which caused his leg to move. Alfie just made a smart hockey play. The fact that he had the prescence of mind to do that shows he is not only a smart hockey player but a good one. We could use someone like him on the rangers who is willing to crash the net like that and has superb skills.

A couple of things:

1: Did the ref make the right call?

From his angle of being behind the play, Yes. I saw that angle and it looked like Alfie kicked it in too, but the angle from in front showed him angling his skate for the defelction and the motion afterwards was incidental.

2. Was the Rachenuk goal in?

Hell yes. Even Briere said it was in and his team got the call. This doesn't mean people should rush to condemn a good goal just because they have any lingering resentment from our call. Besides we won the game so it wasn't that big a deal in the end.

3. DOes the officiating need to be better?

Another defnite h ell yeah. I was watching the game and I could not believe Pronger did not get called for that elbow. There were so many calls the refs are missing it's not even funny. I mean I was watching game one and it to the ref 3 incidents of Penner cross-checking a guy (same guy 3 straight times while he was trying to get up from the first cross-check) into the boards before the ref called something. I'm all for letting the players play in the finals but sme of the stuff is ridiculous.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 12:05 AM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_wildstabatanything View Post
Alfredsson's goal was good. If you look at the play Getzlaf is draped all over his back when it goes off his skate. He turns his blade on the deflection as he's slowing down in front of the net. There is no distinct kicking motion to be found on any of the replays.

With that said the league blew it on the Rachunek call... that should have been a goal.
The referee who was in front of the play saw him kick it. He disallowed it.

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_wildstabatanything View Post

With that said the league blew it on the Rachunek call... that should have been a goal.
That's the point.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badko View Post
Can anyone explain to me how that video replay (from any angle at any speed) provided sufficient evidence to actually overturn the call on the ice. The ref called no goal because he kicked it in.
And that's the biggest point, in all of this.

Rachunek's goal is called a goal on the ice, they some how saw some "intent" in the video replay and over-turned the rulling on the ice.

Alferdsson's goal is waved-off and called a no-goal on the ice, but some how the geniuses saw " no intent" in the video replay and over-turned the call on the ice.

Morons, each and every one of them.

Old
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
zestystrat

I think it’s fair to say the kids in the video booth have been consistently inconsistent.

Now if Buff were in the finals and got the call I’d call Mulder & Skully.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

I think it's fair to say the kids in the video booth, must be slamming down high-octane mixed drinks and are drunker than Nick Nolte on a rainy night.