Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you do this trade?

Old
06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
Would you do this trade?

Heres what im thinking even though i know its never gonna happen its always fun to think about.

To Minn: Marian Hossa

To Atl: PM Bouchard, Benoit Pouliot and maybe a 2nd this year

The Wild reunite the Slovak line with Gaborik Demitra Hossa. Talk about an unstoppable line. To go with Koivu, Rolston, Parrish, and some of our other good prospects

Atlanta gets a couple great young players. Bouchard is a player that just keeps inmroving and most of us Wild fans think he will develop into one of the better playmakers in the league cuz right now its looking right. Pouliot is a young prospect with franchise player potential. With the right coach he can fullfill that potential.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Fattal

vCash: 500
If I was Don Waddell: Never.

Fattal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2007, 11:06 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
Heres what im thinking even though i know its never gonna happen its always fun to think about.

To Minn: Marian Hossa

To Atl: PM Bouchard, Benoit Pouliot and maybe a 2nd this year

The Wild reunite the Slovak line with Gaborik Demitra Hossa. Talk about an unstoppable line. To go with Koivu, Rolston, Parrish, and some of our other good prospects

Atlanta gets a couple great young players. Bouchard is a player that just keeps inmroving and most of us Wild fans think he will develop into one of the better playmakers in the league cuz right now its looking right. Pouliot is a young prospect with franchise player potential. With the right coach he can fullfill that potential.

lol, maybe a 2nd rounder on top of ALL THAT?

That value coming back isn't even close.

Would you do Little, Kozlov and a 1st (to offset Kozlov's age) for Gaborik?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Magnus Fulgur

I would gladly trade Hossa for Pouliot Bouchard and a 2nd only if Atlanta was committed to then building around Kovalchuk.

It would mean we traded Heatley for:

Pouliot
Bouchard
a 2nd
two years of Hossa before he gets top money
two years of deVries at a bit more than he's worth.

that's fair by me.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 01:23 AM
mackaveli

i would do the trade but would ask for a 1st rounder instead of a 2nd because with the supposed cap of 52 million next year, Hossa will easily get 7-8 million per year. Would Atlanta want to spend that much money on Hossa?

In hindsight we should have signed Savard as well as we don't have any Centres except Little coming up and having PM Bouchard (i believe is a centre) would be a playmaker for Kovalchuk.

Also, Atlanta needs to get younger and cheaper soon. Can't wait till Holik's contract is off the books.

edit- i mean i would do the trade maybe depending on circumstance. Also i would ask for Brent Burns as i would like a young D-man coming back if Atlanta were to ever trade hossa. Also could Atlanta sign a good UFA with the money they save with trading Hossa.

Also, i'd rather trade Hossa now and get roster players coming back then either wait to trade deadline and get basically a 2 prospects and a pick or get nothing if Hossa walks and some big team offers him 7+ million a year and we don't match.

Hopefully Don Waddell manages the Hossa situation good because i would hate to get nothing for Hossa if he walks because that would hurt the franchise badly regardless if we save 7 million in spending because we could at least have gotten some good young prospects and save money anyways.

Last edited by mackaveli: 06-04-2007 at 01:32 AM.
mackaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I think that's a pretty good offer myself.

Bouchard is already a good player at age 23, and Pouliot has intriguing potential too. Getting Burns in there somehow would be gravy, but all in all I think this could be a good base for a deal to be made.

Amen evil king is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32 View Post
I think that's a pretty good offer myself.

Bouchard is already a good player at age 23, and Pouliot has intriguing potential too. Getting Burns in there somehow would be gravy, but all in all I think this could be a good base for a deal to be made.
It's a terrible offer. Hossa is a top 5 player in this league. The fact that he scores 100 points with scabs for centers only illustrates point. It's been said in the Kovy thread; if you want horses, you have to trade horses.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Magnus Fulgur

There are no RW horses of similar age to be had other than Heatley. Especially since Hossa is UFA next year, the offer is definitely fair.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I'd maybe agree with you if Hossa was signed for a bit longer than one year Boognish.. But he's not, and I'm not overly confident that he'll want to stick around here after next year.

Bouchard could easily blossom into a PIM-less, more defensively responsible Savard type player. He has already shown to be a very solid player in this league who is capable of racking up points (in a defensive system too), and he's only 23. We could do a lot worse for the main piece of the return for a UFA-to-be.

I mean look at Pronger - better player than Hossa, still had 4 years left on his contract when he was dealt, and all Edmonton got in return was Lupul, Smid and a couple of high picks. This is a comparable offer, short of a 1st round pick, for a lesser player signed for a quarter of the length of time.

Old
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Cors

Send a message via ICQ to Cors
Hossa + Little for Kessel and Sturm

Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
There are no RW horses of similar age to be had other than Heatley. Especially since Hossa is UFA next year, the offer is definitely fair.
Neither of the guys mentioned in the trade are RWs, either. Off the top of my head, Havlat and Iginla are better fits. You can make whatever arguments you want, but DW isn't going to trade his best player for anything but another marquee player. When the Hossa contract is up, so too is Holik. There's 4.2M that you get back, not to mention that the cap will likely be up by about 12M from what the Thrashers spent this season.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Metallian*

If I was Don Waddell, I'd start cussing and hang up the phone for making me accept a long distance call.

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Hossa would only go to the Wild if the return included one of Gaborik, Rolston, or Koivu.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Why would you take Rolston of all people?