Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Perry

Old
06-05-2007, 05:28 AM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Corey Perry

Getzlaf has been getting all the props for his play in the post season, and deservedly so.

But Corey Perry for atleast the last two rounds has been fantastic as well, every game he's dangerous, he always involved in stuff after the whistle and agitating the goalies. He's great on the walls and should only get better as he continues to get stronger on his skates, he's got 8 points in the last 8 games, but along with Getzlaf and the shutdown line he's one of the guys that seems to be consistantly creating offense upfront. If he can ever get an extra step faster he will be a great player.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 07:19 AM
LondonKnightsCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
Getzlaf has been getting all the props for his play in the post season, and deservedly so.

But Corey Perry for atleast the last two rounds has been fantastic as well, every game he's dangerous, he always involved in stuff after the whistle and agitating the goalies. He's great on the walls and should only get better as he continues to get stronger on his skates, he's got 8 points in the last 8 games, but along with Getzlaf and the shutdown line he's one of the guys that seems to be consistantly creating offense upfront. If he can ever get an extra step faster he will be a great player.
He is also an elite passer, without doubt will always have more assists than goals.

He seems to win most races to the pucks along the boards, so it appears his skating is better than most NHLers. He does fall down a lot though.

He will be a great player, he and Getz have been outstanding for us in the playoffs.

LondonKnightsCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Mooseduck

Perry has been awesome!

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

I'm always here giving Perry props . He has been one of our best in these playoffs, not only does he score and create scoring chances, he adds an extra element to the game that no one else on the team seems to bring.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Davey Duck

Perry needs to stop beating goalies only to hit the post. He could easily have twice as many goals as he has.

Davey Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Look at the top 20 playoff scorers. Perry is like the only one with only 1 point on the PP. Getzlaf deserves that spot, but off the PP Perry is almost as good offensively as Getzlaf and is closing the gap at least a little bit. Getzlaf is the physically stronger player, the tougher skater, has a harder shot, but Perry is a little better at the finesse side: his hands are a little better, his dekes more clever, and is a little more skilled of a passer.

They have been our best players during the playoffs. Giguere has been crucial, everyone is so thankful of a goalie that doesn't $#%@ things up when they are in the playoffs or the shut down defender, I just think some of the forwards go a little unnoticed by the mainstream unless they are all three on a line top scorers in the playoffs like Ottawa's, much less not even on the "number 1" line.

I would love if we win the cup, that they were co-Conn Smythe winners. Won't happen, but it would be awesome. Giggy has already won one and these two guys have really risen to the occaision during their first full year in the league. Its no secret they came up through the league together, have the best chemistry of any two players on our team, and have came a great way in such little time. There birthdays are even less than a week a part, its no wonder their teammates call them "twins".

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
DucksWon'07

Send a message via AIM to DucksWon'07
Perry Perry Perry!!!

DucksWon'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 01:32 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
He just needs to improve his balance/strength and how he takes hits. And to be able to aim 1/4 of an inch more to the center of the net.

I also live the crap he starts with the other players, and the general hostility he instills in the other fans.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Tfighter

I personlly like his tendency to crash the net and go for those rebounds. Coming from a young player, its nice to show some sacrifice since Perry knows he's probably going to be pummelled(sp?) by the opposition's defensmen.

Tfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Kopistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonKnightsCrew View Post
He is also an elite passer, without doubt will always have more assists than goals.

He seems to win most races to the pucks along the boards, so it appears his skating is better than most NHLers. He does fall down a lot though.

He will be a great player, he and Getz have been outstanding for us in the playoffs.
The mere fact that you said that Perry is a better skater than most NHLers is laughable. The guy falls down almost every shift, if not falling down he looks like a rag doll flailing his body everywhere. Sure he get's the job done and thats all that matters, but he is certainly not one of the better skaters in the league. I would go as far as to say Cheechoo's skating is better than Perry.

Kopistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2007, 07:28 AM
LondonKnightsCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTheBrick View Post
The mere fact that you said that Perry is a better skater than most NHLers is laughable. The guy falls down almost every shift, if not falling down he looks like a rag doll flailing his body everywhere. Sure he get's the job done and thats all that matters, but he is certainly not one of the better skaters in the league. I would go as far as to say Cheechoo's skating is better than Perry.
Well Chuckles you go ahead and laugh, I'll continue to watch the dash towards the corner boards and be amazed how such a horrific skater seems to get their before the opposition so often. Guess it's just dumb luck eh Chuckles me boy?

For Duck fans there is a great article on Perry in todays Free Press.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/H...37969-sun.html

Old
06-06-2007, 07:49 AM
crashthenet

That whole line has been great just as they were in the Detroit series. A pleasure to watch, good luck tonight Duck fans.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Pucking Dutchman

At the beginning of the season I was cursing him on a regular basis but as the season went on he has become my favorite player. He has so much heart and he never gives up. The fact that he gets under the skin of other players is only icing on the cake. Bought his jersey and will be wearing it proudly tonight at the game. He had a couple of good chances last game (damn those posts!) and I hope he scores a few goals tonight. GO PERRY! GO DUCKS!

Pucking Dutchman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonKnightsCrew View Post
Well Chuckles you go ahead and laugh, I'll continue to watch the dash towards the corner boards and be amazed how such a horrific skater seems to get their before the opposition so often. Guess it's just dumb luck eh Chuckles me boy?

For Duck fans there is a great article on Perry in todays Free Press.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/H...37969-sun.html
I would attribute that more to his long reach and his hand eye co-ordination than his skating, his skating has gotten a bit better every year, if he ever can that extra step he will be a great player because he has the hands, tenacity and heart to be very good as it is.

Old
06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Perry's beard is awesome.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2007, 11:46 PM
David McConnor
Unregistered User

vCash: 942
He's just a Champion. Nothing much else you can say.

David McConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
LondonKnightsCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime View Post
Gonna be a star in this league and soon. I look forward to see him and Getz go up against Sydney Crosby and the Pens in a future Stanley Cup final.

His skating? Above average, except for that falling down problem!

Old
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Duck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime View Post
We should be very thankful to Kevin Lowe and Bryan Murray.

1. Lowe refused to release Comrie from his contrack thus voiding the trade for Perry.

2. Murray traded up in the draft to pick Perry towards the end of the first round.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Jerky Leclerc

I think I know one of Ducksforcup future trivia question. Who scored the last goal of the 2007 NHL season? Who else but Corey Perry.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Selanne8

i still say he will be a 40 goal scorer just watch

Selanne8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
I think I know one of Ducksforcup future trivia question. Who scored the last goal of the 2007 NHL season? Who else but Corey Perry.
I'll take that into consideration.

Seriously, Perry did a lot of growing this season. Awesome player.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne8 View Post
i still say he will be a 40 goal scorer just watch
I don't know about that, he strikes me as a guy who will always have more assists than goals.

But what was really impressive to me is the amount of Even Strength points he produced when they are harder to come by in the playoffs.

Old
06-08-2007, 06:19 PM
DucksWon'07

Send a message via AIM to DucksWon'07
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
I don't know about that, he strikes me as a guy who will always have more assists than goals.

But what was really impressive to me is the amount of Even Strength points he produced when they are harder to come by in the playoffs.
As long as he is on a line w/ Getz I see him getting more assists than goals, but if not I think the kid could become one of the great goal scorers.

Great to see the kid get a goal in the final game. He had a great post-season, and defidently deserved it.

DucksWon'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Severynrules

I thought Cory's game picked up after the trade deadline when Burke showed confidence in him an did not pick up a top 6 forward. I love Perry's grit. Here is a guy that is very comforatable and very good at being a lone-forechecker say when the Ducks are protecting a one goal lead late in the game. He has that great combination of creativity, hands, and puck instinct which is so important when you are playing with a guy like Gets. IMO he the ability to be the Ducks best player playing behind the opponents net for those aformentioned reasons. I know he falls down alot but he is lanky at this point in his carrer he'll put on more weight, and will be a stronger, more physical player. Not to mention he got the "get under you skin" card going for him!!! So nice that line all has a long reach that's why they control the puck so well in their own end. Thank you Brian Murray!!!

Severynrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:58 PM
ChicagoBlues

Perry is impressive. What I liked the most was his ability to keep the puck in Ducks' possession. It seemed impossible at times to knock him off the puck. Great fighter along the boards.

He has been on championships teams in both the OHL and the NHL. That's pretty cool.

Has Perry played center at all this past season? Any plans, that you know of, to play him at center? He seems to have natural centerman skills as he is great behind the net and getting the puck to the front of the net.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote