HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Need Help?

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Need Help?

Where exactly is the pectoral muscle located. Is a strained pectoral muscle an injury that could keep someone out for a lengthy period of time? or short term?

12-25-2003, 02:31 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Where exactly is the pectoral muscle located. Is a strained pectoral muscle an injury that could keep someone out for a lengthy period of time? or short term?
Is the main muscle in the chest, what you'd use to bench press or cross-check or push off. Depending on where the strain is it can prevent you from playing, as far as how long...i've got no clue.

Old
12-25-2003, 05:22 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Generally a strain is just too much pressure being exerted on the muscle for a period of time, and if allowed to heal without any further stress would be back to normal in a few days. Pecs are upper chest (btw i have yet to hear of someone suffering from strained pecs, what were they doing?)

Old
12-25-2003, 05:32 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
Generally a strain is just too much pressure being exerted on the muscle for a period of time, and if allowed to heal without any further stress would be back to normal in a few days. Pecs are upper chest (btw i have yet to hear of someone suffering from strained pecs, what were they doing?)
Pump too much weight you can tear it. Happens to people who haven't worked out for a while and then jump right into it like they haven't missed a day.

Other ways, I am not sure.

Old
12-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
Pump too much weight you can tear it. Happens to people who haven't worked out for a while and then jump right into it like they haven't missed a day.

Other ways, I am not sure.
Ethan Moreau is day-to-day with a strained right shoulder and right pectoral muscles.

Can someone explain this? Is it just his shoulder that's strained or both the shoulder and pectoral muscle. It was how it was written on the Oilers website.

Old
12-25-2003, 11:55 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
likely both, can happen if the arm, in this case the right arm, is forced across the body, pinching the pectoral and stretching the shoulder at the same time. At least thats how i've done it before...there are likely other ways.

Old
12-27-2003, 12:56 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

basically, he sprained his boob.

Old
12-27-2003, 11:00 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

LOL good one mowzie, had a good laugh. my wife gets them all the time.

Old
12-27-2003, 11:46 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
likely both, can happen if the arm, in this case the right arm, is forced across the body, pinching the pectoral and stretching the shoulder at the same time. At least thats how i've done it before...there are likely other ways.
According to the Journal, Moreau has a torn pectoral muscle in his right side. Moreau says "It's wierd, but the only way to test it is in a game. So who knows if he'll stay in the lineup or if he'll go on IR. No one knows at this time. It's basically a football injury and players in the NFL have had season-ending surgery with the same injury.

Quote:
PLAYING HURT

Ethan Moreau has a torn pectoral muscle on his right side, but he'll be back tonight against the Vancouver Canucks after missing the Dec. 23 game in Calgary.

"Doc (David) Reid says he's never seen that in all his years (treating hockey players)," said Moreau, who felt something go in Los Angeles on

Dec. 16 when he was pushing a defenceman away as the blueliner was doing the same to him.

"It's going to be with me the rest of the year. It only hurts in certain situations. It's weird, but the only way to test it is in a game."

It's not like rotator cuff (shoulder) where players can't lift their arms over their head. He can feel it more when he makes a swimming motion with his right arm.

Closed Thread