HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would happen in Philly if the Flyers were to win the Cup?

Old
06-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Dykhuis26

vCash: 500
Been clean and sober for 2 years now. But that would end in a big way if we were to ever win.

Dykhuis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Ri hards

Ed Snider would give birth to a bald midget wearing a one piece pink and black singlet in the style of the Hart Foundation.

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Nuclear

The national guard would be called in to restore order after every major building is looted by rioters. Then Id imagine South Street would be one big naked parade

Nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Whichever of the 4 major teams wins the next championship, they will go down as legends in the city. Fred Shero's quote that, "If we win today, we'll walk together forever" will be very appropriate for that team, and as much as I'd like to see any of the 4 teams win, I obviously hope it's the Flyers. A night like this, seeing the Anaheim players and fans celebrate, just makes you dream about what it's going to be like WHEN the Flyers win. Man, it's going to be sweet, and our future looks very bright, so hopefully we can all celebrate on Broad street in the next couple years.

Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 07:38 AM
tytech

I guarantee you it would be nothing like the party you'd see if the Leafs won the cup.
Yankees, Red sox etc... Nothing would compare to a Leafs Stanley cup win.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Dude, even i'd fly over for that. Saying that, we'll probably have run out of fuel by the time it happens so i might have to swim.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I guarantee you it would be nothing like the party you'd see if the Leafs won the cup.
Yankees, Red sox etc... Nothing would compare to a Leafs Stanley cup win.
But we're talking about things that actually have a chance in hell of happening.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
stazza18
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't even put together a coherent thought thinking about this, lol. I'd probably have a bottle of jager with a nipple on it and just run in circles laughing while drinking it.

And I'd be naked of course.

stazza18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
I will set Western Mass on fire and most likely drive to Philly to celebrate

FlyersProspect2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Amateur Hour

So, we can agree we'll all be naked and drunk at the very least, correct?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Dunno about Philly but check out the fountain (it's at the bottom of the lit-up glass- pillar) in this webcam when the Flyers win the cup, i'll be swimming in it.

http://www.webbkameror.se/webbkameror/sergelstorg/

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:59 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
it would be the greatest day of my life, i wouldn't go back to school for at least a week because of constant partying. riots, dead people, it would be great.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
PhillyPhantic

I'll drive/fly to philly while wearing my "lucky" orange Flyers jersey and get drunk for a week and sleep on the streets

PhillyPhantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
COMCASTMONEY
14yrs/$110m

My mother was there in '74. She skipped school with her friend, got on the train, and just went down. She said she had never seen more people naked, drunk, high, or screaming in the rest of her life combined. She actually witnessed a dude streaking and smashing car windows with a sledgehammer at the same time. She's quite lucky.

Too bad she ended up on the cover of the Inquirer, kinda blew her up for skipping.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:44 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

WHEN the Flyers make it back to the Cup final, I'll have to take off work on all game nights. Then, WHEN they win the Cup, I'll have to take off more time from work so I can hop on a plane and get to Philly in time for the mayhem... I mean "parade". Then when I returned to Portland, I'd probably have to look for a new job, and possibly a new liver. Totally worth it!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Tampa GM

I guess it would be like when MODO won its first Swedish Championship in 28 years a few weeks ago. Only about 55.000 lives here in Peter Forsbergs hometown but the town went nuts and it continued for days. The team arrived 2AM and the airport was crowded, when the team arrived to downtown around 3AM no one was sleeping and I felt like I was in southern Italy for a while.

No violence, just a bunch of happy people. I never experienced before that I had so many friends. Everyone was hugging each others and just screaming of joy and happiness. I guess the celebration will be bigger in Philly since thats such a bigger city.

I have so many great memories from the Championship night and I wish I can experience that again, hopefully I dont have to wait another 28 years.

Tampa GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 05:34 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa GM View Post
I guess it would be like when MODO won its first Swedish Championship in 28 years a few weeks ago. Only about 55.000 lives here in Peter Forsbergs hometown but the town went nuts and it continued for days. The team arrived 2AM and the airport was crowded, when the team arrived to downtown around 3AM no one was sleeping and I felt like I was in southern Italy for a while.

No violence, just a bunch of happy people. I never experienced before that I had so many friends. Everyone was hugging each others and just screaming of joy and happiness. I guess the celebration will be bigger in Philly since thats such a bigger city.

I have so many great memories from the Championship night and I wish I can experience that again, hopefully I dont have to wait another 28 years.
unfortunately the diff being their would no doubt be violence as certain elements that live in this city will take it upon themselves to loot, rob and do all the other things criminals and animals do.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 06:40 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
unfortunately the diff being their would no doubt be violence as certain elements that live in this city will take it upon themselves to loot, rob and do all the other things criminals and animals do.
I really hope you aren't referring to who i think you are

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:04 PM
awjay umbuga shnoz

I think as soon as any philadelphia team wins a championship all the citizens of philadelphia and surrounding areas work together to burn the entire city to the ground. this way, we can always say we went out on top.

awjay umbuga shnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjay umbuga shnoz View Post
I think as soon as any philadelphia team wins a championship all the citizens of philadelphia and surrounding areas work together to burn the entire city to the ground. this way, we can always say we went out on top.
I think you need counselling.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 05:48 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
I'm not sure but i know i would cry for a pretty long period of time.
I've thought about this often... When we were making our run on Primeu's shoulders a few years back I had the playoff strip and was at every home game. I kept joking with my friends that if I was present when we won the Cup they'd see someone jump from the balcony... because that would be about as good as it was going to get as far as I was concerned.

When we lost game 7 to Tampa Bay I ended up at a bar in center city (after multiple scotches) hitting on a married bridesmaid and asking this girl I've known since college (who was randomly with us) if she wanted to make out... which prompted my friend to announce that it was time to go home.

So... needless to say, I'd probably be even more of a wreck after winning the cup... and it would probably include more than a few tears of joy.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I've thought about this often... When we were making our run on Primeu's shoulders a few years back I had the playoff strip and was at every home game. I kept joking with my friends that if I was present when we won the Cup they'd see someone jump from the balcony... because that would be about as good as it was going to get as far as I was concerned.

When we lost game 7 to Tampa Bay I ended up at a bar in center city (after multiple scotches) hitting on a married bridesmaid and asking this girl I've known since college (who was randomly with us) if she wanted to make out... which prompted my friend to announce that it was time to go home.

So... needless to say, I'd probably be even more of a wreck after winning the cup... and it would probably include more than a few tears of joy.
Sounds like a rough night. After getting used to losing, i'm not sure i even know what it will be like when we win one. I sort of have a feeling i will sit in awe... complete silence for a pretty long period of time soaking everything up. Then followed by big baby tears

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjay umbuga shnoz View Post

Brilliant. I love it.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post

Brilliant. I love it.
that'll be me as well

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Ruffandready*

They would be dissapointed because as soon as they woke up......They will know they were dreaming.

Ruffandready* is offline   Reply With Quote