The Maple Ducks Alliance

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
S2S
Come at me bros

vCash: 500
The Maple Ducks Alliance

Us at the Leafs board are very impressed with not only your Stanley Cup victory, but your "treatment" of Alfie. The booing was music to our ears and now we share a few things in common. I brought this up in another thread but I wanna make it official.

Us, The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Anaheim Ducks have these things in common.

1. We both hate the Senators.
2. We both hate Alfie, and love to boo him.
3. We have both beaten the Senators in the playoffs, the Ducks when it hurt the most and was the most important and the Leafs FOUR times.

I saw earlier a Senapreds Alliance. So I would be happy to start one with you guys.

Old
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Rem
PbP is what I spit

this isn't survivor, what the **** is the point of an alliance??

Stupidest thing ever!

Old
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Why do all Sharks fans have A's avatars? I guess I have an Angel "Name", but I use that everywhere regardless.

The AL West is ours! You can't have!

Old
06-07-2007, 12:56 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

It's a bit late to hitch the horse to this particular wagon, don't you think?

You could make the argument that the Ducks and Senators should have an alliance because they've both played in 4 rounds of playoff hockey, which some franchises have yet to accomplish.

But I think it's silly.

Season's over.

Congrats to the champs!

Welcome to the off-season.

Last edited by NyQuil: 06-07-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old
06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

I've always had a soft spot for the Leafs so sure. It's been too long since they've won the Cup and it pains me to see one of the premiere franchises go 40 years without it. Same goes for Chicago, so yeah we can be allies I guess. Word is though y'all are coming here next year so it'll have to on hold for that one game.

Old
06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundintoSteen View Post
Us at the Leafs board are very impressed with not only your Stanley Cup victory, but your "treatment" of Alfie. The booing was music to our ears and now we share a few things in common. I brought this up in another thread but I wanna make it official.

Us, The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Anaheim Ducks have these things in common.

1. We both hate the Senators.
2. We both hate Alfie, and love to boo him.
3. We have both beaten the Senators in the playoffs, the Ducks when it hurt the most and was the most important and the Leafs FOUR times.

I saw earlier a Senapreds Alliance. So I would be happy to start one with you guys.
Why would a powerful Stanley Cup-winning team make an alliance with the epitome of futility?

It would be good for the Leafs... closest to the cup they'll ever get.

Old
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
LGP8771

As a Penguins fan who isn't a complete moron (like a lot of Leafs' fans), I have nothing against the Senators.

I don't hate them because they're a better team right now than we are (unlike Leafs fans). The fact of the matter is, despite choking to Toronto in the playoffs, the Senators have been the better team of the 2 in the last 10 years. At least they got to the Finals, UNLIKE THE LEAFS.

Alfredsson, despite his boneheaded shot at Niedermayer, just had a better playoffs than Mats Sundin has ever had (14 goals in 20 games, including 2 shorthanded I think).

Ducks fans who don't know much about Leafs fans should educate themselves and deny this so-called "alliance".

Also, Ducks fans should not hate the Senators. Yes, I know, Alfredsson taking a shot at Niedermayer will probably make you hate him forever, and with good reason, but the fact of the matter is, he's a great player, he was awesome last night, he had a terrific year, and he's better than Sundin (which is not really that hard because Sundin sucks). OK just kidding... You should definitely hate Alfredsson, but not the Sens. Why kick a dog when they're down? You beat them... So laugh at them a little if you wanna be an a-hole, but don't hate them.

1967 and counting... 40 years in the world's largest hockey market, making A TON MORE MONEY than ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, and all Leafs fans get is misery and misery year after year, so they have to hate other teams for kicks. Forget this fake alliance which will never pick up any steam... Leafs fans should join Flyers fans and form an Alliance of Mediocrity.

Oh and I love all these jealous Canadians who can't admit that there ARE hockey fans in America. Honestly, I was kind of rooting for the Senators in a way because Canada definitely deserves to be rewarded. After all, they gave us this great sport. But on the other hand, they should be proud to see their sport spread throughout the United States, and understand it takes decades for the culture of a sport to spread and for a sport to become as popular as others. The NBA, NFL and baseball have been around in California for a lot longer than hockey. I for one think that with the right people on board (NOT Bettman), hockey can be a prominent, if not dominant sport just about anywhere in the US. The TV deal and the marketing people the NHL have are pathetic.

Congrats to the Ducks, I was thrilled for Teemu Selanne and the Niedermayer brothers last night. I was really jealous, by the way, and as I do every year, I got the goosebumps when the Ducks all rushed their goaltender after the buzzer went off and it was official. What an amazing moment. It'll never get old to see the Cup being lifted. That is the money shot of all money shots for me. (I have a hard-on for the Stanley Cup) :p

- An American hockey fan (one of the 27 NBC viewers last night)

P.S. Watch out for the Pens next year. Let's Go 'Guins!

Last edited by LGP8771: 06-07-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old
06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Why would we hate the Senators? God, they hardly did anything. There were a few periods there when I almost took pity on them.

Old
06-08-2007, 12:13 AM
fez

I had an overwhelming amount of support from Leafs fans on another forum I post on so lets just say I accept this alliance and I will cheer your team on next season

Old
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

I hate the Leafs.

I think we are doing good with no alliances.

Old
06-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivand87 View Post
As a Penguins fan who isn't a complete moron (like a lot of Leafs' fans), I have nothing against the Senators.

I don't hate them because they're a better team right now than we are (unlike Leafs fans). The fact of the matter is, despite choking to Toronto in the playoffs, the Senators have been the better team of the 2 in the last 10 years. At least they got to the Finals, UNLIKE THE LEAFS.

Alfredsson, despite his boneheaded shot at Niedermayer, just had a better playoffs than Mats Sundin has ever had (14 goals in 20 games, including 2 shorthanded I think).

Ducks fans who don't know much about Leafs fans should educate themselves and deny this so-called "alliance".

1967 and counting... 40 years in the world's largest hockey market, making A TON MORE MONEY than ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, and all Leafs fans get is misery and misery year after year, so they have to hate other teams for kicks. Forget this fake alliance which will never pick up any steam... Leafs fans should join Flyers fans and form an Alliance of Mediocrity.
I wish most adults could control their emotions without the use of a bloody soap box, but sadly this"alliance" has got your panties in a bunch so here's my suggestion: instead of rambling on with pretentious conviction why not start an alliance of your own? Lord knows you may actually make some friends.

Senator fans:
Your team has matured a great deal over the years to the dismay of myself and several others, but we recognize your team for the talent it is and we congratulate them just the same. With 1 or 2 moves I think the sens will be poised to capture the East yet again.

As for the Ducks, there are very few challengers (say maybe SJ) who could match them physically right now. Congratulations are in order to the most dominant team in hockey and it's legion of quacking moustaches as well.

Peace.

Last edited by Chain Attack: 06-08-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Closed Thread