HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robert Lang

Old
06-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Richter35

vCash: 500
Honestly i think its very unlikely we make a serious bid for one of forsberg, briere, drury gomez unless nyls is unsigned, which would be a shock. In that case lang at 2mil aint that bad, stick him between strak and shanny you got a nice second line. im more concerned with what we're doing with the 4th line - is orts staying or going? you really ganna have holly-betts-x? whose playing rw on that line that might have some offensive upside but can check/play d? i think thats prob the second most pressing issue after the 2nd line C, and so far its a huge question mark.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Block More Shots

1. If Shanny isn't resigned, we could throw serious money at Gomez/Drury/Briere. Personally, I don't see Gomez OR Briere coming to NY. Our best shot would be at Drury.

2. If Shanny is resigned, we'll probably sign a guy like Lang or Forsberg.

Personally, I hope Shanahan is not resigned. Good player but I don't think he can keep up with the speed of the game anymore.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 02:34 AM
eco's bones

The indications aren't there yet that Dubinsky is ready to play 2nd line in the NHL. 40 some points in his first AHL season tend to make me think that while he might earn a spot in camp--if he does it will be further down in the lineup. He may some day be ready for such a thing but it doesn't look like he's ready now. There is every reason to believe that Forsberg will not play a whole season. What some people want seems to be pretty much what we had last year--we fill that center spot by committee. I don't see how we'll improve with Mr. Forsberg. I expect we'll have the same problems with secondary scoring.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:26 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
1. If Shanny isn't resigned, we could throw serious money at Gomez/Drury/Briere. Personally, I don't see Gomez OR Briere coming to NY. Our best shot would be at Drury.

2. If Shanny is resigned, we'll probably sign a guy like Lang or Forsberg.

Personally, I hope Shanahan is not resigned. Good player but I don't think he can keep up with the speed of the game anymore.
From everything I've read, the decision rests with Shanny. He'll be a Ranger if he wants to be. In the Jagr interview, one of the translations has Ranger telling Jagr they'll pursue a center for Shanahan, (along with a top flight D-man.) Shanahan is a part of the Ranger plans for next year...once he makes his plans known.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 07:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

1 year at $3 million for Lang is far better alternative than one of the big names for $7million per over 5 years

Lang has a history with Jagr in Washington and Pittsburgh and with Shanahan in Detroit

Forsberg was a bust for Nashville.He is not worth all of the trouble

The Rangers could give Lang a 1 year deal with bonuses.He is over 35 years old and can receive bonuses if he signs a 1 year deal

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
1 year at $3 million for Lang is far better alternative than one of the big names for $7million per over 5 years

Lang has a history with Jagr in Washington and Pittsburgh and with Shanahan in Detroit

Forsberg was a bust for Nashville.He is not worth all of the trouble

The Rangers could give Lang a 1 year deal with bonuses.He is over 35 years old and can receive bonuses if he signs a 1 year deal
22 games (including playoffs), 4 goals, 15 assists, 19 points.

i love how that is considered being a bust. ill agree he had some issues fitting, and integrating in with that team, but point a game production is being a bust for Forsberg, he can be a bust for my team any day of the week.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

i love how that is considered being a bust. ill agree he had some issues fitting, and integrating in with that team, but point a game production is being a bust for Forsberg, he can be a bust for my team any day of the week.
Can't score point from the IR, though, which is where he spends good chunks of his season.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Can't score point from the IR, though, which is where he spends good chunks of his season.
perhaps. but to me, id rather take 60 regular season and all the playoff games Forsberg can give me on a 1 year deal, than to get whatever i get from drury/gomez/briere on a 6 year deal for a minimum of 36 million dollars.

Old
06-08-2007, 11:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Excuse me but Nashville was knocked in the first round by SJ in 5 games with Peter Forsberg.Last season,Nashville was knocked by SJ in 5 games without Forsberg.David Poile brought him to Nashville at a major premium to get the Preds deep into the playoffs.Didn't happen.The trade was a bust.Forsberg was a bust

Old
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
perhaps. but to me, id rather take 60 regular season and all the playoff games Forsberg can give me on a 1 year deal, than to get whatever i get from drury/gomez/briere on a 6 year deal for a minimum of 36 million dollars.
I'd rather have stability in the lineup. Injuries happen, but with Forsberg they're a given. He's like a really powerful, but severly beat-up car. Sure, when running it'll beat anything on the road, but it's in the shop more often than not. If he were a bit younger, maybe. But at 33-34, he's not going to pull out of this.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Excuse me but Nashville was knocked in the first round by SJ in 5 games with Peter Forsberg.Last season,Nashville was knocked by SJ in 5 games without Forsberg.David Poile brought him to Nashville at a major premium to get the Preds deep into the playoffs.Didn't happen.The trade was a bust.Forsberg was a bust
youre excused. plenty of teams lost in the playoffs who have superstars. as long as the player himself is producing it means little to me how far the team advanced.

point a game=production. no matter how you want to spin it.

Old
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I'd rather have stability in the lineup. Injuries happen, but with Forsberg they're a given. He's like a really powerful, but severly beat-up car. Sure, when running it'll beat anything on the road, but it's in the shop more often than not. If he were a bit younger, maybe. But at 33-34, he's not going to pull out of this.
fair enough.

i get the other side of the argument man, i really do. hes got a risk involved with signing him. in my opinion hes worth the risk, in yours he is not. people dont always agree.

Old
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
youre excused. plenty of teams lost in the playoffs who have superstars. as long as the player himself is producing it means little to me how far the team advanced.

point a game=production. no matter how you want to spin it.
That is your opinion.Nashville was a terrific team before Forsberg got there.He was brought in to make a difference.He didn't because he couldn't.His body won't let him

If you want to go through another Lindros type situation where the health of the player is questioned every single day,that's your prerogative

Old
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
The New Originals

Quote:
That is your opinion.Nashville was a terrific team before Forsberg got there.He was brought in to make a difference.He didn't because he couldn't.His body won't let him

If you want to go through another Lindros type situation where the health of the player is questioned every single day,that's your prerogative
Forsberg was not the reason Nashville lost.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:

Did you watch those Nashville-San Jose games? Forsberg and Radulov were the only Preds that showed up.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Did you watch those Nashville-San Jose games? Forsberg and Radulov were the only Preds that showed up.

Old
06-08-2007, 02:03 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 02:09 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

That Radulov kid, my my...

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote