HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kariya

Old
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
gers*

vCash: 500
kariya

If Shanahan doesnt resign, do you see us possibly going after Kariya? He is a consistant 70 point scorer and could be a very good second line winger. His age isnt much of a problem, as he is 32.

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

If shanny doesn't re-sign I'd much rather go after Jason Blake.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
theduke35

id love to see shanny retire, nylander go someplace else since i refuse to pay him anything more than $4million a year. trade malik and mara and immonen for some decent picks. let ozo orty weekes rachunek walk. go hard after and sign drury for $7million, sign blake for $3.5mil and for our second line center sign fisher, sign sarich or hannan, bring up staal.

Straka Drury Jagr
Prucha Fisher Blake
Avery Cullen Callahan
Hossa Betts Dawes/anyone outa camp

Rosie Sarich/hannan
Tyutin Girardi
Staal pock

theduke35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
If shanny doesn't re-sign I'd much rather go after Jason Blake.
No thanks, Jason Blake won't score 40 again. That's a big flukey season for him. He scored almost all of his goals early when Yashin was playing well, and dissapeared down the stretch.

He's a decent option for the 2nd line, but not at 30 something years old and looking for a massive payhike after a career year.

Something about it just screams "career year, and nothing will ever come close again."

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:10 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
No thanks, Jason Blake won't score 40 again. That's a big flukey season for him. He scored almost all of his goals early when Yashin was playing well, and dissapeared down the stretch.

He's a decent option for the 2nd line, but not at 30 something years old and looking for a massive payhike after a career year.

Something about it just screams "career year, and nothing will ever come close again."
No, he can play. He'd be a solid 2nd line addition. You just need to get the anti-islander blinders off. That's all.

Old
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke35 View Post
id love to see shanny retire, nylander go someplace else since i refuse to pay him anything more than $4million a year. trade malik and mara and immonen for some decent picks. let ozo orty weekes rachunek walk. go hard after and sign drury for $7million, sign blake for $3.5mil and for our second line center sign fisher, sign sarich or hannan, bring up staal.

Straka Drury Jagr
Prucha Fisher Blake
Avery Cullen Callahan
Hossa Betts Dawes/anyone outa camp

Rosie Sarich/hannan
Tyutin Girardi
Staal pock
You do understand that we're neck deep in **** at center with your gameplan, right?

Drury is not a 1st line center. He's another player that had a career year playing a team that was very deep.

Fisher is a 3rd line center that can go 20-20/30-40/50 and be a Selke finalist, if not winner.

Cullen is better off as a 3rd line winger, but that line was great together last year, so that's not bad at all.

Whether you like him or not, we need Nylander back, and he will be back. He's one of Jagr's best friends, and if Jagr doesn't get his way, then you know what will happen. He'll go into one of his lazy spells where he doesn't give a **** about anything because he didn't give his way, just like he did in Washington.

Old
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
No, he can play. He'd be a solid 2nd line addition. You just need to get the anti-islander blinders off. That's all.
Not really, there's a reason why the guy never scored 30 before this year.

All of a sudden, they play him with Yashin, he scores 20+ through the first 40 games, and drastically cools off thereafter.

He's not a natural goal scorer. We need Shanahan back. I'd rather take a risk on Bertuzzi, who has scored big in the past before than Jason Blake, who has only had one solid year.

*With that being said, I'll take a flyer on Kariya, a FAR MORE PROVEN SCORER before I even touch Blake with a 10 foot pole. If I want a small, speedy winger, with some leadership values and experience in the playoffs, Kariya would be the man I'd look at, not Blake.

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 06-07-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: *
Old
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
theduke35

forget blake then if thats the group consensus...but id love to sign drury and Fisher and then we dont have to sign nylander for his ******** contract for a player that only has the amount of points due to jagr. but if nylander signs for a normal contract somewhere between 3-4million and we can get fisher id be happy. my wetdream offseason would end with the rangers signing drury and fisher, letting shanny and nylander walk

Old
06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I just want to know how you're going to sign Fisher when he isn't an UFA?

Old
06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
theduke35

i thought he was a free agent..i remmember someone stating that he was one at the end of the year...if thats the case then nevermind.sign nylander back but not at anything over $4 bc he no offense is not worth that money and idc who are first line center is then i can wait another year for us to get into the real big offseason with the real big names comming out. i dont want to be locked up with nylander making a ridiculous amount of money...hes a 2nd line center only 1st bc of jagr doesnt matter how you sway it.

Old
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
i thought he was a free agent..i remmember someone stating that he was one at the end of the year...if thats the case then nevermind.sign nylander back but not at anything over $4 bc he no offense is not worth that money and idc who are first line center is then i can wait another year for us to get into the real big offseason with the real big names comming out. i dont want to be locked up with nylander making a ridiculous amount of money...hes a 2nd line center only 1st bc of jagr doesnt matter how you sway it.
I agre with you, but him and Jagr play so well together that there's no sense in breaking it up.

I hope we get Gomez, and bring Nyllet back.

Old
06-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Blake would command more than 3.5 on the open market.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 04:02 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
Blake would command more than 3.5 on the open market.
Yep. Let another team make that mistake with him.

A guy in his contract year scoring a lot? WOW, we've NEVER seen that before.

I will eat my hat if he scores 40 again next year.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Yep. Let another team make that mistake with him.

A guy in his contract year scoring a lot? WOW, we've NEVER seen that before.

I will eat my hat if he scores 40 again next year.
Thank you, Jon.

Old
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Blake might not score 40 every season but I think he'll be a consistent 30+ guy.

Old
06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Blake might not score 40 every season but I think he'll be a consistent 30+ guy.
The point is that his production will decline from here on out, and he's going to be 34 by the time training camp rolls around. He's never produced big in the first place, so I'd be a little wary of giving him a fat contract based upon that fact as well.

He's not worth the risk at the price he's going to want, I'd rather sign an injury plagued Forsberg who at the same age will command around the same salary - maybe even less and for a shorter term - and will produce at a very high level when in the lineup.

All of that, piled on top of the fact that need a center more than a winger.

Signing Blake just doesn't add up for us, even as a replacement for Shanahan, who was burned out last year because Renney was stupid and decided to use him on the penalty kill far too much, and then he got hurt. He would have easily been a 40 goal guy had he gotten some better breaks.

Old
06-07-2007, 05:04 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
The point is that his production will decline from here on out, and he's going to be 34 by the time training camp rolls around. He's never produced big in the first place, so I'd be a little wary of giving him a fat contract based upon that fact as well.

He's not worth the risk at the price he's going to want, I'd rather sign an injury plagued Forsberg who at the same age will command around the same salary - maybe even less and for a shorter term - and will produce at a very high level when in the lineup.

All of that, piled on top of the fact that need a center more than a winger.

Signing Blake just doesn't add up for us, even as a replacement for Shanahan, who was burned out last year because Renney was stupid and decided to use him on the penalty kill far too much, and then he got hurt. He would have easily been a 40 goal guy had he gotten some better breaks.
Blake is overrated, if we need a lw, id rather sign hartnell who is 25. hartnell id give him a 4 year contract 3.0 per year. blake is 33 and will be 34 soon, so no thanks to overrated blake.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 06:24 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Blake is overrated, if we need a lw, id rather sign hartnell who is 25. hartnell id give him a 4 year contract 3.0 per year. blake is 33 and will be 34 soon, so no thanks to overrated blake.
LMAO we cannot go through one thread without you mention Hartnell.

If we sign him ur changing your avatar and username.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Why is age such a big deal? I'd rather have a better player who is older than a worse player who is younger. It only matters if its a long term contract. If we signed Blake for 2 years and he is 36 and the end of the contract is that such a big deal if he produces more than Hartnell would in the same 2 years?

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
theduke35

honestly i know hartnell would be a great pickup..but what about kariya? id love to see him for a couple years in a ranger jersey.

Old
06-07-2007, 09:50 PM
polako

Quote:
Not really, there's a reason why the guy never scored 30 before this year.

All of a sudden, they play him with Yashin, he scores 20+ through the first 40 games, and drastically cools off thereafter.

He's not a natural goal scorer. We need Shanahan back. I'd rather take a risk on Bertuzzi, who has scored big in the past before than Jason Blake, who has only had one solid year.

*With that being said, I'll take a flyer on Kariya, a FAR MORE PROVEN SCORER before I even touch Blake with a 10 foot pole. If I want a small, speedy winger, with some leadership values and experience in the playoffs, Kariya would be the man I'd look at, not Blake.
Well put, Gretz. If it's an either/or, I'd take Kariya 100/100 times.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
forget blake then if thats the group consensus...but id love to sign drury and Fisher and then we dont have to sign nylander for his ******** contract for a player that only has the amount of points due to jagr. but if nylander signs for a normal contract somewhere between 3-4million and we can get fisher id be happy. my wetdream offseason would end with the rangers signing drury and fisher, letting shanny and nylander walk

Please God No.

Nylander is a must sign. He's had two career years and his chemistry with Jagr is awesome, and likely to get even better. He's earned his raise.

We need a better answer than Mike Fisher on the 2nd line. Who goes the other way? Better than Drury too.

Jason Blake would be pretty risky. Especially for what he's looking for in a contract.

06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post

Actually, I REALLY want Hartnell also.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
mstraka82

hartnell is really good but nylander is huge sign without him we are nobody, but kariya is getting old and he is isnt the same so my opinion is no

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:08 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
This is like the 5th time this week you've mentioned Hartnell.

Just change your name to SHartnell#.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Well put, Gretz. If it's an either/or, I'd take Kariya 100/100 times.
No doubt, it's not even an argument.

Kariya is a year younger, is faster, is a far more proven scorer, is better defensively, and is a better leader.

This one isn't even close.