HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I would be shocked if we signed a big name UFA center

Old
06-08-2007, 07:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Anisimov had a tremendous season, and that's the main reason he's coming over here later in the summer. He had the biggest season of all our '06 draft class (Sanguinetti and Zaborsky close seconds).
Anisimov has a contract for 07-08 in Russia.No transfer agreement

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
How about because we'll still have that elite player 5 years down the road and our younger players can benefit from having him on the team?

It's pretty easy as to realize the benefits would not be short term if we signed a guy like Gomez.
Gomez wants a fresh start away from the Devils.Playing for the Rangers doesn't give him that fresh start.It's 4 games in Newark getting booed whenever Gomez touches the puck

Gomez is not an elite player.No way

Besides I wouldn't take Gomez for free with some of this comments about the Rangers last season.**** him

Old
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
bleedrngrblue

Let me go on record as saying I want Vinnie L in a Ranger Jersey......while he is still young....and still improving....and am willing to part with some youth and pick combo to make it happen....as long as it is a reasonable trade. They can't afford to keep him if they are keeping the others as well (Richards, St.Louis) Richards contract is a big obstacle for them to overcome. Tampa is close to having a gun to their head...and it is only going to get worse.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Obviously I don't watch RSL games, but I read some articles in the season saying he was struggling a bit, didn't see any articles saying he was playing well, and he had 2G and 8A in 39 games, which put him 18th on his team in scoring. I know he is young, but that's not exactly a steller season to me.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Obviously I don't watch RSL games, but I read some articles in the season saying he was struggling a bit, didn't see any articles saying he was playing well, and he had 2G and 8A in 39 games, which put him 18th on his team in scoring. I know he is young, but that's not exactly a steller season to me.
18 year olds in the Russian league don't receive prime icetime.Anisimov had a very good playoff for Yaroslavl and a good WJC

Old
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
18 year olds in the Russian league don't receive prime icetime.Anisimov had a very good playoff for Yaroslavl and a good WJC
Hey, if he had a good season, even better. But he is still a couple years off in any case.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Let me go on record as saying I want Vinnie L in a Ranger Jersey......while he is still young....and still improving....and am willing to part with some youth and pick combo to make it happen....as long as it is a reasonable trade. They can't afford to keep him if they are keeping the others as well (Richards, St.Louis) Richards contract is a big obstacle for them to overcome. Tampa is close to having a gun to their head...and it is only going to get worse.
That's why I think a Richards deal is more likely. He has an NTC that kicks in July 1. The price for Richards is likely to be less, and, because TB might be in a hurry to get a deal done, they might have to take on salary to get a deal done. It might take a package of say, Prucha/Cullen/Pock or Baranka to get Richards, simply because TB has to get rid of that contract to get relief.

Besides, I think they'll ONLY move Vinny L as a last resort.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
That's why I think a Richards deal is more likely. He has an NTC that kicks in July 1. The price for Richards is likely to be less, and, because TB might be in a hurry to get a deal done, they might have to take on salary to get a deal done. It might take a package of say, Prucha/Cullen/Pock or Baranka to get Richards, simply because TB has to get rid of that contract to get relief.

I agree...the question becomes, how much salary are they willing to assume, or how much salary is a team willing to absorb...thats why I think Vinny can be had for the right combination of players and picks.

Old
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I agree...the question becomes, how much salary are they willing to assume, or how much salary is a team willing to absorb...thats why I think Vinny can be had for the right combination of players and picks.
Vinny L would be ideal, but lets face it, he wont come cheap, even with his salary and impending free agency. youd be looking at a minimum of prucha, montoya, our first and several other good prospects.

if we could pry away richards and only give up say montoya and our first, or prucha and our first (but not both), id do it, and laugh maniacally at ripping off the lightning. Richards is an elite center (imho) you wont find many guys who elevate the level of play of those all around him like he does. someone called him a younger version of Sakic, and thats exactly the way i see him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:

I agree...the question becomes, how much salary are they willing to assume, or how much salary is a team willing to absorb...thats why I think Vinny can be had for the right combination of players and picks.Its the easiest way out of the problems for them. They are already saddled with at least a significant part of Richards salary, and trading him will only magnify that for the rest of the time he is under contract with every move they make, as it will be based on a budget that includes money to a player not wearing their uniform. They are not in the position to absorb that cost like the CAPS were.

Old
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
I agree...the question becomes, how much salary are they willing to assume, or how much salary is a team willing to absorb...thats why I think Vinny can be had for the right combination of players and picks.Its the easiest way out of the problems for them. They are already saddled with at least a significant part of Richards salary, and trading him will only magnify that for the rest of the time he is under contract with every move they make, as it will be based on a budget that includes money to a player not wearing their uniform. They are not in the position to absorb that cost like the CAPS were.

The lightning will NOT be trading Vinny L.

The cap will be over 50 million next year and even if it remained the same this is the last guy they are dealing.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Absorbing cost in the new NHL economics means taking on salary, not paying part of the freight, like the Caps did with Jagr. The Bolts could take a salary like Cullen's, as long as they got tangible, inexpensive talent along with it, (i.e., Prucha). By exchanging Richards salary for Cullen's, but essentially replacing Richards with Prucha, (they could move Prospal to 2nd line center, and put Prucha on his wing), they'd get a cap relief of $4.7 million a year, and Cullen's deal would run out a year before Richards deal would.

The Rangers would benefit, since A) they'd add a quality center who is enetering his prime, and who's cost is actually less than pursuing the likes of Gomez or Drury since, by putting Cullen's salary in the deal, (something that wouldn't happen by signing a Drury or Gomez), his net salary turns out to be $4.7 million for three years. In the final year of his deal, you'd have to figure the likes of Shanny, Straka and probably even Jagr would not be around. So one year of a $7.8 million would not be as much of a millstone at that point.

And, with Cullen out of the picture, Dubinsky could be given a shot at 3rd line center this year.

Old
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Vinny L would be ideal, but lets face it, he wont come cheap, even with his salary and impending free agency. youd be looking at a minimum of prucha, montoya, our first and several other good prospects.

if we could pry away richards and only give up say montoya and our first, or prucha and our first (but not both), id do it, and laugh maniacally at ripping off the lightning. Richards is an elite center (imho) you wont find many guys who elevate the level of play of those all around him like he does. someone called him a younger version of Sakic, and thats exactly the way i see him.
If I'm the Rangers, I HAVE to include Cullen in the deal. Prucha/Cullen and either Pock or Baranka for Richards.

Old
06-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
If I'm the Rangers, I HAVE to include Cullen in the deal. Prucha/Cullen and either Pock or Baranka for Richards.
that still puts us down a player then. would you feel comfortable handing dubinsky the 3rd line center job?

just like that?

Old
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
You still need to throw in our 1st rounder on top of that offer, jas, and even then, it might not be enough. With the cap going up and TB's attendance staying in the top 5, they may hang on to their big 3 and still be able to add some talent around them.

But if we could get Richards, it would be a major coup for us, despite the pricetag.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
that still puts us down a player then. would you feel comfortable handing dubinsky the 3rd line center job?

just like that?
If Dubi is not ready, Avery can handle the spot for a year. We say that Avery is a better winger than a center, but that's when we talk about the 2nd line center spot. I wouldn't mind shifting him over to be the 3rd line center.

Old
06-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
You still need to throw in our 1st rounder on top of that offer, jas, and even then, it might not be enough. With the cap going up and TB's attendance staying in the top 5, they may hang on to their big 3 and still be able to add some talent around them.

But if we could get Richards, it would be a major coup for us, despite the pricetag.
id include the first if it gets the deal done with no hesitation whatsoever.

Old
06-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
If Dubi is not ready, Avery can handle the spot for a year. We say that Avery is a better winger than a center, but that's when we talk about the 2nd line center spot. I wouldn't mind shifting him over to be the 3rd line center.
putting avery at center severly hurts the most important part of his game. agitation. he cant go in and bump the goalie away from the play, or slew foot a guy, or donkey punch em or whatever he has to do to tick people off if hes the center. he needs to be back in the play, aware of both ends of the ice. i dont care for that one bit. what makes avery so effective is his agitation game, and his skill. putting him at center takes away 50% of his game.

id rather sign gomez (as much as i hate him) than to have avery as a center.

Old
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
We do still have Jarkko Immonen, too...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Kodiak

Quote:
putting avery at center severly hurts the most important part of his game. agitation. he cant go in and bump the goalie away from the play, or slew foot a guy, or donkey punch em or whatever he has to do to tick people off if hes the center. he needs to be back in the play, aware of both ends of the ice. i dont care for that one bit. what makes avery so effective is his agitation game, and his skill. putting him at center takes away 50% of his game.

id rather sign gomez (as much as i hate him) than to have avery as a center.
Avery is going to play his game regardless of where he is. The wingers will have to be aware of that and cover for him. Renney's system seems to have the LW play as the defensive conscience anyway.

Old
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Avery is going to play his game regardless of where he is. The wingers will have to be aware of that and cover for him. Renney's system seems to have the LW play as the defensive conscience anyway.
id love for someone to pull stats for games he played center for us, and games he played on the wing.

Old
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
We do still have Jarkko Immonen, too...
I predict not much longer.

Old
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

I'm not convinced we'd have to add a #1 pick.

Old
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not convinced we'd have to add a #1 pick.
but you'd do it wouldnt you?

Old
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
but you'd do it wouldnt you?
Once we get the #3 pick for Montoya.