HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marcel Hossa/ Mike Comrie

Old
06-08-2007, 05:59 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Marcel Hossa/ Mike Comrie

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen a topic regarding Hossa. The guy is a RFA this year. Do you think he will be signed and at what? I personally hope they give him a 2 year deal, though a 1 year with team option would be even better

lost in the center talk is Mike Comrie. I realize he is in the 2nd tier of FA center this year, but let's get realistic. 30 teams in the NHL think they are going to be getting one of Gomez, Briere and Drury. What do you guys think of a Comrie signing?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Give him a 1 year deal. If he does good this year with a contract on the line, then you lock him up for another 2 or so after it. THere's no need to give him more than 1 year right now because we all know that he can go through spurts. I felt that he was a great 3rd liner for a while because of his cycling and defensive game, but he really shined on Jagr's line. We'll see if that carries over.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
free0717

I like Hossa and for his price, Id give him a two year deal.

Mike Comrie is the player I was thinking about if they couldnt get one of the big three.

He is still youngish. Not old and injury prone like forsberg.

free0717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 09:37 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
I like Hossa and for his price, Id give him a two year deal.

Mike Comrie is the player I was thinking about if they couldnt get one of the big three.

He is still youngish. Not old and injury prone like forsberg.
not only that, Sather knows Comrie and his family well. When Comrie was on the Yotes, Sather wanted him before they got Sykora. Sather likes players that he knows, my bet is Comrie will be a Ranger.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:31 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Pass on Comrie. I know the whole Sather knows Comrie's family/favorite color/soda/beer etc. might come into play but do we really need another centerman who gets knocked off the puck easily?

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:32 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen a topic regarding Hossa. The guy is a RFA this year. Do you think he will be signed and at what? I personally hope they give him a 2 year deal, though a 1 year with team option would be even better

lost in the center talk is Mike Comrie. I realize he is in the 2nd tier of FA center this year, but let's get realistic. 30 teams in the NHL think they are going to be getting one of Gomez, Briere and Drury. What do you guys think of a Comrie signing?
He's not lost in any talk. I've mention Comrie like a million and zillion times for christ sakes.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 12:24 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
He's not lost in any talk. I've mention Comrie like a million and zillion times for christ sakes.
I guess I haven't seen them. You see multiple threads on the big 3 but can you really tell me there have been any serious discussions here about Comrie?

Straka Nylander Jagr
Shanahan Comrie Avery
Cullen Dubinsky Prucha
(open) Betts (open)

Of course Shanny is a ?, and some things are arbitrary (prucha 2nd line, Shanahan 1st line, etc.), but that would really give us 3 scoring lines.

Old
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Block More Shots

Not a big Comrie fan...I'd rather see the Rangers pursue Lang.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I guess I haven't seen them. You see multiple threads on the big 3 but can you really tell me there have been any serious discussions here about Comrie?

Straka Nylander Jagr
Shanahan Comrie Avery
Cullen Dubinsky Prucha
(open) Betts (open)

Of course Shanny is a ?, and some things are arbitrary (prucha 2nd line, Shanahan 1st line, etc.), but that would really give us 3 scoring lines.
Yuck. That 2nd line is awful.

Comrie should not be a member of our team.

I will throw up if he is.

Old
06-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
Not a big Comrie fan...I'd rather see the Rangers pursue Lang.
Honestly, as a 1 year stopgap until Marleau and/or Thornton go UFA, I wouldn't mind that either.

Old
06-09-2007, 08:24 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
not only that, Sather knows Comrie and his family well. When Comrie was on the Yotes, Sather wanted him before they got Sykora. Sather likes players that he knows, my bet is Comrie will be a Ranger.
ditto, unless one of the big three or foppa want to come here

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
alkurtz

Though they're different kind of players, wouldn't Comrie just be more of Rucchin or Cullen.....guys who are 2A centers and not real productive offensive 2nd line centers. Rather see Dubinsky get a shot if we don't sign a legit 2nd line center.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 10:37 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
Though they're different kind of players, wouldn't Comrie just be more of Rucchin or Cullen.....guys who are 2A centers and not real productive offensive 2nd line centers. Rather see Dubinsky get a shot if we don't sign a legit 2nd line center.
Well had Comrie played a full season, he was on pace for 25 goals, but who knows what effect the long wait-out in Phoenix had on him. Cullen could be moved to wing. I'm all for playing the youth too, but can you really tell me you would feel comfortable playing Dubinsky right away on the 2nd line? Maybe if he blows everyone away, but otherwise I feel he would be better off starting on the 3rd line.

I realize I left off Callahan on my lines, so yea.......I just realized our roster is very crowded. I think the ideal situation is to sign a top 2 line center and let Shanny walk. With Callahan, Dawes, Dubinsky, Immonen, etc waiting for a job, we really don't have much to add to our 4 lines. I think our major target should be a defenseman.

Old
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Honestly, as a 1 year stopgap until Marleau and/or Thornton go UFA, I wouldn't mind that either.
There is no way that the Sharks will allow either to go UFA.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Yep. Seeing how there's a very good chance that we don't get one of Drury/Gomez/Briere, Lang is a smart option. He won't want a ridiculous amount of money (probably $2.5 mil for 1 year) and can play the 2nd line center spot well.

Comrie really isn't anything special. Something tells me he just wouldn't fit in with the Rangers.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Comrie is a perfect fit. He can dish to Shanny all day long or pop in 25-35 in the east.Hossa and see ya in the same sentence would make me happy

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Why is everyone clamoring to get rid of Hossa when he's finally showing signs of life? Look at Hartnell, Zubrus, Pyatt... hell, not as dramatic, but look at how Bertuzzi was at first... four power forwards we talked about signing that were hyped and had slow starts. Why throw away that potential? If we could sign him at .85 for two years and he were to put up 30G/30A with Jagr, that'd be awesome.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
FmmF3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Why is everyone clamoring to get rid of Hossa when he's finally showing signs of life? Look at Hartnell, Zubrus, Pyatt... hell, not as dramatic, but look at how Bertuzzi was at first... four power forwards we talked about signing that were hyped and had slow starts. Why throw away that potential? If we could sign him at .85 for two years and he were to put up 30G/30A with Jagr, that'd be awesome.
This is exactly how I feel about Hossa, and its why last summer I argued it was important that we deal with him with patience.

As for Comrie? I like his game, but I feel if he came to the Rangers he'd be just another underachiever. Would he be awful? No, but guys like him tend to just blend in when they end up on Broadway, and usually explode once they leave.

FmmF3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 07:02 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Kinda like Cullen? I don't know, I think he could manage 60 pts with Straka and Shanny.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

hossa is only good if he plays with jags

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:15 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Robert Lang just wouldn't work because of Shanahan. It would be like pairing Allison w/ Skrudland, because of Brendan's waning footspeed, you need a center to compensate.

Lang was moving at a crawl during this postseason.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Ola

Quote:
Give him a 1 year deal. If he does good this year with a contract on the line, then you lock him up for another 2 or so after it. THere's no need to give him more than 1 year right now because we all know that he can go through spurts. I felt that he was a great 3rd liner for a while because of his cycling and defensive game, but he really shined on Jagr's line. We'll see if that carries over.
I would like to see him get a long term -- cheap -- contract.

Imagine if he scores like 30 goals and 70 pts playing with Jagr next season, suddenly he is a 3-4 million player...

If we could sign him to a 4.5m 3y deal he could end up beeing a real steal, if not we could always get rid of him. Low risk high reward.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
id love Comrie on the Rangers. He has some grit to his game as well, he fought a few times in the NHL and even Kovalchuk

Avery Comrie Callahan He only had 6 pts in 20 games in the playoffs, that aint good.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id love Comrie on the Rangers. He has some grit to his game as well, he fought a few times in the NHL and even Kovalchuk

Avery Comrie Callahan He only had 6 pts in 20 games in the playoffs, that aint good.
Dubinsky has more grit and more talent. I realize he's young but why not just give him the second line center job instead of wasting money on Comrie?

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 05:00 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I would like to see him get a long term -- cheap -- contract.

Imagine if he scores like 30 goals and 70 pts playing with Jagr next season, suddenly he is a 3-4 million player...

If we could sign him to a 4.5m 3y deal he could end up beeing a real steal, if not we could always get rid of him. Low risk high reward.
Good plan, Ola. I hope Slats is listening...

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote