HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timmonen..Any Word?

Old
06-09-2007, 12:14 AM
erikson*

vCash: 500
Timmonen..Any Word?

Anybody heard if Timmonen of Nashville is a possibility?
He would seem to be a good fit, salary not withstanding, because he has offensive skill which is sorely needed.

erikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 12:15 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I'd love to concentrate on our defensive skill first...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 12:37 AM
erikson*

I think we need an offensive defenseman first, and Timmonen isn't bad defensively whatsoever.

Old
06-09-2007, 12:47 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

We need to be able to protect leads and not blow 2 goal games next season... Having another defensive defenseman would be instrumental in ensuring that.... Preferably one who plays the body...

Last edited by wolfgaze: 06-09-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

rumor has it nashville is going to purposely tank this season so he can move the team to hamilton. kinda like the movie major league. also a sure fire way of getting an elite player in next years stacked draft.

gutless, but its probably what theyll do.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 01:28 AM
erikson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
rumor has it nashville is going to purposely tank this season so he can move the team to hamilton. kinda like the movie major league. also a sure fire way of getting an elite player in next years stacked draft.

I just read on the fourth period rumors the Predators have been given a large budget, I think that rumor is correct because I don't think Bettman would allow Ballsie to buy into the league only to sabatoge the product.

Old
06-09-2007, 02:08 AM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
We need to be able to protect leads and now blow 2 goal games next season... Having another defensive defenseman would be instrumental in ensuring that.... Preferably one who plays the body...

I totally agree. I would rather see them go after someone who is hard hitting and able to brutalize the opponent rather then a softer, more skilled kinda dman.

ps- if we are gonna get our hands on a PP QB I WOULD take Timmo and if not him then perhaps a second go around with Matt Schneider

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:32 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

wow. inferno, you are usually on the ball and you don't go so far as to say you believe the rumor but that is the biggest pile of horse$hit i've ever heard. it's not even july 1st and they've already decided to tank the season? i think they move to hamilton whether they tank or not. the writing is on the wall with the new owner renewing his deal with the city of hamilton. besides, i'd think you'd want to tank the season after with tavares in that draft, not next years.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
wow. inferno, you are usually on the ball and you don't go so far as to say you believe the rumor but that is the biggest pile of horse$hit i've ever heard. it's not even july 1st and they've already decided to tank the season? i think they move to hamilton whether they tank or not. the writing is on the wall with the new owner renewing his deal with the city of hamilton. besides, i'd think you'd want to tank the season after with tavares in that draft, not next years.
oh well, i honestly dont care what they do lol. if they stay or go it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to me.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Nemchinov13

If we want to sign Timmonen, who rides the pine w/Pock? - Girardi? and Staal goes to Hartford? Malik is not going to be traded before the trade deadline. Besides, management has to decide whether to qualify Rachunek or not. If Rachunek is qualified, then Staal begins the season in Hartford.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 02:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

After further thought, I'm convinced the Rangers will target Hamrlik.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 02:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Hannan and Timmonen the only 2 attractive options ?

I'm not familiar with either player...

Old
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hannan and Timmonen the only 2 attractive options ?

I'm not familiar with either player...
Cory Sarich is another, he plays the body and was Mara's partner on the Bolts. 6'3 215, sticks up for teammtes only 28.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 02:49 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
i hope ur wrong.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:32 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Me too..

If we want a PP QB, go low-budget with Preissing for -2M. Next best thing would be Timonen.

If we want a stay-at-home guy, go with Vishnevski, Sarich, Vaananen or Rivet. Hannan wouldn't be a good fit, IMO, I just think he's a better Western Conference player.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:48 PM
TheRedressor

We need to dump Malik and sign Rachuneck for 1.8 million. Then let Staal play.

Roszival-Rachuneck
Tyutin-Girardi
Mara-Staal
Pock

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
We have no need for Rachunek and putting him in Malik's place would be a big downgrade. If we keep the D that we have, we're not getting near the Cup. And I still think Staal will be in Hartford.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Malik is a much better pairing with Rozsival and better defensively then Rachunek.... Rachunek should be the one to go and Malik should not be resigned after next season when hopefully more attractive UFA defensemen are available....

Old
06-09-2007, 08:57 PM
dank

unfortunately i have to say this again:

if Malik isn't relied on to play top top minutes, he is a solid keeper for a year for what he makes..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Just get Hannan, he's a good defensive defensman.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
If we want to sign Timmonen, who rides the pine w/Pock? - Girardi? and Staal goes to Hartford? Malik is not going to be traded before the trade deadline. Besides, management has to decide whether to qualify Rachunek or not. If Rachunek is qualified, then Staal begins the season in Hartford.
If we bring in a D like Timmonen or Hamerlik, I defenitly think we should move Paul Mara.

Tyutin-Girardi seems to be a lock. Rozi next to a Timmonen or Hamerlik doesn't make much sense. Mara next to a Timmonen or Hamerlik doesn't make much sense...

Mara helped us allot last season. He got a good shot from the blueline. He plays well when he is under pressure. He is a big guy who can take care of himself, and thats important.

And he is a puckmoving D, and thoose always needs time before they get comfortable with a new team. They need to know the forwards they are playing with, how they want the puck ect. So there is room for improvement with Mara, and D's like him often hit their prime in their 30's.

Though, in the end I am still not sold on that Mara can get the job done as a puckmoving D on a 2nd pairing. Its a really important position. Allot of offensive stability must come from that position, you must have someone there who shift after shift can make solid offensive transition plays, who can give his forwards a slight edge with his passing game, shift after shift. Especially when your 1st line can build up momentum, the unit who comes on after that have to be able to build on that momentum. I think all successful teams in the PO's this season were able to do that, when they could push the other team back, they never let up.

I thought Mara struggled against Atlanta when we pressured. He got allot of ice and time to work with, but several times failed to deliver that stability. He is a D who can hold his own, he won't bring a team down. But he plays a really important role, and in the aspect where he could make a big diffrence, I am not sure if he can deliver.

I would much rather have;
Staal-Roszival
Malik-Hamrlik/Timmonen
Tyutin-Girardi

then a crop with Mara on it. Though I don't think it will happend.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Just get Hannan, he's a good defensive defensman.
I think that's easier said than done. He's a very solid shut-down defenseman and I'm sure many teams are interested in him. Positionally sound and doesn't shy away from physical play. He'll either sign a reasonable contract with SJ or get overpaid on the market. Probably Kubina type money.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If we bring in a D like Timmonen or Hamerlik, I defenitly think we should move Paul Mara.

Tyutin-Girardi seems to be a lock. Rozi next to a Timmonen or Hamerlik doesn't make much sense. Mara next to a Timmonen or Hamerlik doesn't make much sense...

Mara helped us allot last season. He got a good shot from the blueline. He plays well when he is under pressure. He is a big guy who can take care of himself, and thats important.

And he is a puckmoving D, and thoose always needs time before they get comfortable with a new team. They need to know the forwards they are playing with, how they want the puck ect. So there is room for improvement with Mara, and D's like him often hit their prime in their 30's.

Though, in the end I am still not sold on that Mara can get the job done as a puckmoving D on a 2nd pairing. Its a really important position. Allot of offensive stability must come from that position, you must have someone there who shift after shift can make solid offensive transition plays, who can give his forwards a slight edge with his passing game, shift after shift. Especially when your 1st line can build up momentum, the unit who comes on after that have to be able to build on that momentum. I think all successful teams in the PO's this season were able to do that, when they could push the other team back, they never let up.

I thought Mara struggled against Atlanta when we pressured. He got allot of ice and time to work with, but several times failed to deliver that stability. He is a D who can hold his own, he won't bring a team down. But he plays a really important role, and in the aspect where he could make a big diffrence, I am not sure if he can deliver.

I would much rather have;
Staal-Roszival
Malik-Hamrlik/Timmonen
Tyutin-Girardi

then a crop with Mara on it. Though I don't think it will happend.
We're probably going to see Malik-Rozsival and Tyutin-Girardi right off the bat to start the season. So basically, the Rangers should be looking for a defenseman who'd be able to play with Mara. Definitely someone who plays a solid stay-at-home game that'll give Mara an opportunity to move the puck up into the offensive zone.

Assuming Rachunek is not on the team, the Rangers should be signing a stay-at-home defenseman for Mara OR hope that Staal plays well enough to earn that spot for next season.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 07:48 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Which will effectively lock out any chance of a rookie making the top-6.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Which will effectively lock out any chance of a rookie making the top-6.
My sentiments exactly.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote