HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Petr Prucha

Old
06-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm riding that "Brad Richards" bus hard...um, let me re-phrase that...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
TheZherdev

i didnt realize that so many of you want to trade a guy who is averaging 25 goals a season and is very young. Sure we have dawes in the wings and callahan is a high hope. but seriously they havent proven anything like prucha has. Hes our only legitamite young forward to have pan out since mike york and now so many of you think its a good idea to trade him. ridiculous.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
i didnt realize that so many of you want to trade a guy who is averaging 25 goals a season and is very young. Sure we have dawes in the wings and callahan is a high hope. but seriously they havent proven anything like prucha has. Hes our only legitamite young forward to have pan out since mike york and now so many of you think its a good idea to trade him. ridiculous.
id trade him to upgrade the top end talent. not as a lateral move or a move to get a pick or prospect. id only move him for Richards, Lecavalier, Jokinen, Marleau, Horton, etc.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I see where this is going. Prucha-Sendin-Sendin is a dump truck full of waiting to happen. That line would definitely make us regret having traded him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:29 PM
alucard

Just look at Anson Carter playing with the Twins...scores 15 goals before going to Vancouver, 33 goals playing with the Sedins and then 11 goals this past season while he did only play 65 games that year compared to 81. Still anyone can score with the Sedins

alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:42 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I see where this is going. Prucha-Sendin-Sendin is a dump truck full of waiting to happen. That line would definitely make us regret having traded him.
which is exactly why if we traded him i wouldn't take anything less than Mattias Ohlund. He could score 50 in a season with those guys

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
which is exactly why if we traded him i wouldn't take anything less than Mattias Ohlund. He could score 50 in a season with those guys
So could Nik Zherdev and he would likely come cheaper than Ohlund.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 03:50 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
So could Nik Zherdev and he would likely come cheaper than Ohlund.
Not too sure about the cheaper part. Unlike Prucha, Zherdev is unproven as well as there have been hints to attitude problems. Prucha has none of these.

Old
06-09-2007, 04:00 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Would Luc Bourdon interest the Rangers?
While he's a great prospect, he doesn't fit our needs.

We have Staal, Sanguinetti, Sauer, and Girardi all with at least top 4 potential. On top of that we have Tyutin who is still only 24.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
We all know what Prucha has done for the Rangers the past two years. 30 goals as a rookie despite missing time with a knee injury and 22 more this past year despite losing minutes. Since a lot of people are saying we have Dawes ready and Callahan is up to stay why not leave Callahan on a line with Cullen and Prucha(I thought they brought a lot of energy with every shift despite not finishing enough) and trade Dawes. He didn't show me much of anything while he was up with the big club. I never saw him play for Hartford so I can't comment on that.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 04:07 PM
TheRedressor

Unless Dawes demonstrates 1st line scoring acumen he most likely will be the odd man out.

Old
06-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Block More Shots

Prucha needs a solid playmaking center and serious playing time on the 1st or 2nd line, that's all. Also, it'll help if he's on the 1st PP unit where the top talent is, not the 2nd PP unit.

He can be thrown on the 3rd line with guys like Cullen and Avery, but don't expect him to put up 30 goals. If your lucky, he scores 20-25, most of those coming on the PP.

And all this talk about Dawes...Prucha is a proven NHL goalscorer. Dawes hasn't shown me anything yet. Sure, he's done well in the AHL, but he hasn't exactly "wowed" anyone when he played at the NHL level. Unless Dawes shows us something next season, I wouldn't move Prucha.

Block More Shots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
..Bieska sounds like a fair return.
I think this would be a great deal.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:29 PM
ThirdEye

Man, I feel if we trade Prucha it will come back to bite us in the ass. This kid has plenty of potential and I would like to see him play one more year here. I guarantee you if he gets decent minutes per game he can be a 50-60 point getter. Most of his weakness can be polished up pretty easily imo, and he already has plenty of heart. Unless we get a decent return I say we should keep him

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Not too sure about the cheaper part. Unlike Prucha, Zherdev is unproven as well as there have been hints to attitude problems. Prucha has none of these.
Zherdev scored 27 goals two seasons ago, he's shown he can put up points at the NHL level.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Most seem disappointed that Prucha is not more of a complete player at this point... But if you ask me, I'm fine with that... It just means we get to pay him LESS....

I see nothing wrong with having a one dimensional goal scorer who is good for anywhere between 20-35 goals a year... Frankly we won't know what his max potential will be until we have him on a line w/ a playmaking Center and get him similar PP time that he saw his rookie season...

Our top 3 lines are so congested at this point that baring multiple injuries, I see no scenario where Dawes will get top 3 line playing time.... Thus, I likely see him getting traded....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Captain11

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like Prucha, I just feel that his thin frame is going to spell trouble in the long run. I look at him just as I look at Mikey York. York was great for us, but because he takes such a beating the whole year, his body has made him slow down his production. Plus, unlike York, alot of the goals Petr produces are garbage goals on the powerplay where hes playing with jagr and nylander, and although he has found himself to be very astute at putting himself in the right places with that, I feel that even the like of big bodied Byers could have the same, if not slightly less success. (even if I do have to admit this is quite a stretch).

I also feel that Prucha won't be able to grab us the likes of Getzlaf or Ladd. And kessler, in my opinion, is only going to be a third line player, which we have more than enough of.

All in all, I know he's been one of our most standout, and surprising, youngsters in a long time, but I feel that his defensive weaknesses will keep him out of the top 6, atleast with Renney, and he does no good playing without a playmaker on the third line.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 09:29 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain11 View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like Prucha, I just feel that his thin frame is going to spell trouble in the long run.
I'd be surprised if Prucha doesn't put on some weight during the offseason. I expect him to be 15-20 pounds heavier next season, or at bare minimum at least 10

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Pizza

52 goals in his first two years so......Trade him?

Yeah, it's summer.

Not much else to say.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 08:00 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain11 View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like Prucha, I just feel that his thin frame is going to spell trouble in the long run.
Gointa, Kariya & Sullivan do not seem to have such issues.
Quote:
I look at him just as I look at Mikey York.
York neved scored like Prucha.
Quote:
Plus, unlike York, alot of the goals Petr produces are garbage goals on the powerplay where hes playing with jagr and nylander, and although he has found himself to be very astute at putting himself in the right places with that, I feel that even the like of big bodied Byers could have the same, if not slightly less success. (even if I do have to admit this is quite a stretch).
When you score as much as Prucha, goals are goals. And saying that Byers could even come close to replicating what PRucha did, falls into a category which "quite a stretch" does not even begin to cover.
Quote:
All in all, I know he's been one of our most standout, and surprising, youngsters in a long time, but I feel that his defensive weaknesses will keep him out of the top 6, atleast with Renney, and he does no good playing without a playmaker on the third line.
All these defensive issues, and yet he was only on the ice for one ES goal against, in the playoffs. The fact that Renney seems to have no use for him is a seperate issue.

People want to pooh-pooh the amout of goals that Prucha has scored in his first two years, but I do not see how that can so easily be swept under the rug. It is a number that very few have reached. People lament the lack of secondary scoring, but here is a kid that you can pencil in for 25-30 goals per year, if left alone on the 2nd line. For all the talk of anyone in Hartford stepping up and producing like Prucha, the reality is that it is quite a stretch to presume that someone like Dawes will find the goal scoring success that Prucha has.

No one is saying that he is untouchable, but then who is? The point is, that much like Montoya, if he HAS to be traded, then it had better be in a package that brings back a young top-line stud. Otherwise, it simply makes no sense.

Prucha's handling, has been one of my major issues with Renney. He simply has no use for the kid. He got it into his head that there is simply no way that Prucha (unlike Hossa) is capable of being a top-6 forward and simply refuses to move off of his position. IMO, Renney is quite obtuse on the subject matter.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 09:47 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
People want to pooh-pooh the amout of goals that Prucha has scored in his first two years, but I do not see how that can so easily be swept under the rug. It is a number that very few have reached. People lament the lack of secondary scoring, but here is a kid that you can pencil in for 25-30 goals per year, if left alone on the 2nd line. For all the talk of anyone in Hartford stepping up and producing like Prucha, the reality is that it is quite a stretch to presume that someone like Dawes will find the goal scoring success that Prucha has.

No one is saying that he is untouchable, but then who is? The point is, that much like Montoya, if he HAS to be traded, then it had better be in a package that brings back a young top-line stud. Otherwise, it simply makes no sense.
I fully agree that neither Prucha nor Montoya should be given away. But, I don't agree with the notion that the Rangers will somehow regret trading either player. There will only be regret if the Rangers make a bad trade. Montoya could be a top notch goalie wherever he goes, but, if the Rangers end up with a player pertinent to their success in the future, and Henke is still a Vezina-caliber goalie, so be it. Prucha could be a quality winger, but, if, for example, a Brad Richards comes to the Rangers, and is a top notch center, and the Rangers are a successful franchise, the Rangers will have no regrets.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, I don't agree with the notion that the Rangers will somehow regret trading either player. There will only be regret if the Rangers make a bad trade.
I am not saying that they are going to regret it, but if that is part of some package, then they had better get it right and do their homework. You simply cannot hand away a package like that and find yourself striking out in another year.

This is much like the Jessiman pick that Sather made. In that type of draft, he simply could not afford to fall in love with such a project. But he did, and the reprecussions of that are still being felt. So too with commodities like Prucha and Montoya. A mistake (a poorly thought through trade) can simply not be afforded.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

from watching this kid play...he's gonna be an elite player borderline hof in the future (yea i said it)...as his hockey iq increases he's gonna be to deadly and force defensive units to play against him...to me he's mini-shanny

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Man, I feel if we trade Prucha it will come back to bite us in the ass. This kid has plenty of potential and I would like to see him play one more year here. I guarantee you if he gets decent minutes per game he can be a 50-60 point getter. Most of his weakness can be polished up pretty easily imo, and he already has plenty of heart. Unless we get a decent return I say we should keep him
I agree, I've been saying the same thing every time this comes up. Trading Prucha smells like the Kovalev trade all over again. I expect Peter to put up similar numbers roughly, 1 point every other game.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 08:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
I think this would be a great deal.
id like Bieksa. we can use some toughness on d. This is why I hope we sign one of Sarich, Vishnevski, Hannan, Vaananen.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote