HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers to go after Gomez?

Old
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers View Post
I don't think anyone is expecting to pick up a player like Gomez, Briere, Drury etc without trading Sanderson/Gauthier and maybe a pick or two first.
I don't think anyone expects to have both Sanderson and Gauthier on the team next year regardless of getting a top center or not. We would likely be trading these guys at the draft so we can make the picks ourselves, so it's kind of a preemptive thing to being able to sign the big guys.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers_01 View Post
Please read the cap hit chart (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=160500). I don't know where everyone keeps pulling the mid 40's numbers out of thin air and quoting it as gospel. If you have a better source than this chart, please tell me what it is. It's not my chart but it's the most in depth/detailed chart i've seen.
OK. Only 10 forwards accounted for though. I's like to see Ruzicka, Downie and Picard on the team, since they are low salary guys. How many players for a full team? 2+7+12=21?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
There's no ****ing way Gomez is 5'11. His size doesn't bother me at all, but him and kapanen were jawing at each other late in the season and they were eye-to-eye.
Eye to eye... now that's funny.
I'd rather have Gomez than Briere... Deciding factor for me is CUPS, and Gomez has one. He knows what it takes to win.

Flyers26 is offline   Reply With Quote