HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek v. Quintal?

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 01:12 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Komisarek v. Quintal?

Who do we take out of the lineup when Breezeby returns? Seems to me that Komisarek is playing better than Q at this point...

Rivet has been mostly solid (except for the cough-ups).

Old
12-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Guy Caballero

Komisarek is already better than Quintal. He can only get better while Q will only get worse. I was so happy to see him get all that ice time vs. Tbay, but Julien seems to have pulled him back since then. I think he should pair him with Souray for a while and put him in more key situations. He couldn't do worse than Quintal, and the experience will be good for him.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd take Komi over Quintal. But my name is not Claude Julien.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:18 PM
caper13

komo needs to play steady to get more confidence sit the Q.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Duff88

I'd take Komi out of the lineup... Here's my reasonning

1- The defensive duo of Souray-Quintal is our best, we shouldn't break it.

2- Quintal make the is really useful defensively and he rarely does any mistake, even if he rarely create anything offensively.

3- Komi is still young and a game in the press box won't be anything bad for him.

But we could also dress 7 d-man when we play a team who ain't overly physical or doesn't have any big enforcers.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:30 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88

2- Quintal make the is really useful defensively and he rarely does any mistake, even if he rarely create anything offensively.

3- Komi is still young and a game in the press box won't be anything bad for him.

But we could also dress 7 d-man when we play a team who ain't overly physical or doesn't have any big enforcers.

The Q is done, it time to take him out and shoot the bum

Old
12-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Brisebois return tonight right ?

Old
12-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88

I don't agree. Yes the Souray - Quintal pairing is our best, but not because of Quintal. When Komisarek was paired with Souray in one game, that pairing was still the best on the ice.

And Quintal makes *lots* of mistakes on the ice. He's slow and looks like a cone when a fast player passes by him. Komisarek isn't that effective defensively, but the fact he will only improve, is stronger and more punishing physically than Quintal, and is also *much* better with the outlet pass out of the zone, makes him a better choice.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure Quintal will benefit from his veteran status and Komisarek will end up watching the games from the press box. We'll see.

Old
12-27-2003, 02:23 PM
5_for_fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Komisarek is already better than Quintal. He can only get better while Q will only get worse. I was so happy to see him get all that ice time vs. Tbay, but Julien seems to have pulled him back since then. I think he should pair him with Souray for a while and put him in more key situations. He couldn't do worse than Quintal, and the experience will be good for him.
ohh yeah, what a nice post that was my friend Komi definitely needs to be paired up with Souray...anyways, Komi is that much better than Quintal

Old
12-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Brisebois return tonight right ?
Komi = Out
Brisebois = In

Same ol' story ...

Old
12-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Komi = Out
Brisebois = In

Same ol' story ...
Yup, what a creampuff lineup tonight with guys like Perreault, Gratton and Brisebois in and guys like Ward, Begin, Komisarek and Kilger out. Obviously i understand the circumstances around the guys that are "out" of the lineup (although i think Komi should not have been scratched), but this team is real frustrating to watch right now...Langdon looks completely lost on that 4th line.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Yup, what a creampuff lineup tonight with guys like Perreault, Gratton and Brisebois in and guys like Ward, Begin, Komisarek and Kilger out. Obviously i understand the circumstances around the guys that are "out" of the lineup (although i think Komi should not have been scratched), but this team is real frustrating to watch right now...Langdon looks completely lost on that 4th line.
Parrault and Brisebois are among the best Habs on the ice tonight . Dagenais , Bouillon , Juneau and Ribeiro aren't playing well at all and they are all soft .

Old
12-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Parrault and Brisebois are among the best Habs on the ice tonight . Dagenais , Bouillon , Juneau and Ribeiro aren't playing well at all and they are all soft .
I thought Brisebois looked lousy out there tonight. But my point was that the team the Habs iced tonight played with a serious lack of grit and intensity. Can't wait to get Begin back...

Old
12-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:

Actually, Breezer looked pretty bad out there.. especially on few passes to Andrei Markov. Markov juggled with the passes too, but because they were pretty inaccurate, imo.

Other then that... Komisarek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quintal. But we all know he won't get to play..

Old
12-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
I thought Brisebois looked lousy out there tonight. But my point was that the team the Habs iced tonight played with a serious lack of grit and intensity. Can't wait to get Begin back...
Very good call. Ever since Begin went down, Montreal has lost an edge they played with. Perreault on the fourth line is useless. A fourth line should bring energy to the team for a good thirty second shift, not a shift being hemmed in.

Brisebois looked out of synch. In fact the whole team did for the most part other than probably as usual, the first line.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Bouillon not playing well? He was pretty reliable, alot more than Markov!!

Markov really desapoint me by the way, not only because he had a stupid penality at the end but his overall game has decreased alot!
Markov was better than Bouillon , at least when he was doing bad pass he was killing the play with a nice 2nd effort . Bouillon was never able to do a good 1st pass out of the zone he was weak and slow he needed the help of Rivet who was on the other side once because he's too slow for Brind'Amour .

Komisarek is a better fit for the Habs than Bouillon at this point .

Quote:
Actually, Breezer looked pretty bad out there.. especially on few passes to Andrei Markov. Markov juggled with the passes too, but because they were pretty inaccurate, imo.
But Brisebois was physical at times and jumped on offence few times , he was pettry solid . Also i'm pettry sure he would had jump in front on the shot on the 1st goal , Bouillon did nothing to help Theo .

Closed Thread