HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Panthers Jersey

View Poll Results: What Player Should I Get On The Back Of My First Panthers Jersey?
Stumpel 2 3.64%
Weiss 11 20.00%
Horton 25 45.45%
Van Ryn 0 0%
Gelinas 1 1.82%
Other [Write-In vote, reply to topic, past or present player.] 16 29.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-11-2007, 11:59 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
First Panthers Jersey

- I just recently purchased my first Panthers jersey, as I am a fan of the team. And I'm looking for your help on which name and number I should put on the back of the jersey. It's thier White, Away Jersey. First player to 30 votes, is the winner. Although, a player must win by a minimum of 2 votes.

BTW: No Jokinen, Luongo, Bouwmeester. [I figure theres so many of those jerseys out there, that I need someone else.]

EDIT: And I forgot to do a poll, lol.
EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 06-11-2007 at 12:21 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Dropkick Alex

The way the league goes now, every player is going to switch, so how about your own name on the jersey?

Dropkick Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
- I just recently purchased my first Panthers jersey, as I am a fan of the team. And I'm looking for your help on which name and number I should put on the back of the jersey. It's thier White, Away Jersey. First player to 100 votes, is the winner.

BTW: No Jokinen, Luongo, Bouwmeester. [I figure theres so many of those jerseys out there, that I need someone else.]

EDIT: And I forgot to do a poll, lol.
EDIT: Fixed.
Good luck getting 100 votes in total, let alone 1 player...

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Good luck getting 100 votes in total, let alone 1 player...
You're right, 30 sounds more reasonable.

Old
06-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Brazz
This boat is 4 real!

go for Horton, never get a personilized jersey always a huge mistake

Brazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Chain Attack

Horton is a legendary name in the hockey and doughnut culture, so I would go with that.

PS: the white jerseys will be their home jerseys next year.

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
The refs love me

Beezer or Mellanby. Those are the two names I think of when I think of Florida. Well those and that S.O.B. Jokinen, who owns the Pens.

Either them or Kolnik... #13. I'm just partial to the number #13...

The refs love me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Bure.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Laus723
Future Now

You should get a Laus jersey. Incredibly fan friendly, did his job extremely well, and noone has worn his number since he left. They should retire it.

If you find a way to get his number on your jersey, let me know, been wanting to put him on but can't find the lettering.

06-11-2007, 12:57 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You should get a Laus jersey. Incredibly fan friendly, did his job extremely well, and noone has worn his number since he left. They should retire it.

If you find a way to get his number on your jersey, let me know, been wanting to put him on but can't find the lettering.
Do you not have hockey shops around that do it for you? Theres one around the corner from me that'll do it for like $20-$30.. I got the jersey for $25.. so good deal all around.

You can also order packages off Ebay for like... I think.. $20-$25.. and you pick out the name and number.. its authentic.. If you win the auction, they send you whatever name and # you want, and you can sew it on.

Old
06-11-2007, 12:58 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy82 View Post
go for Horton, never get a personilized jersey always a huge mistake
Personalized as in my own name? I never would

Old
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Refuse
Mr. Hockey

Bure

Refuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

I used to have a Vanbiesbrouck jersey, and when we got Bure, I was thinking of getting his name put on the jersey, but I didnt. This day and age, with the way players get traded, its not safe for practically anyone. Maybe a handful of players as an exception. I have the Panthers blue jersey, and I have an authentic Reebok White Panthers jersey, but if I was to get a name, I'd probably get Bouwmeester.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Even though you said no, I'm voting Bouwmeester because your reasoning for not allowing him is flawed. I've only seen 2 Bouwmeester jerseys that I recall -- and I was looking out for them because I'm gonna get one of the new jerseys with his name on it.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Even though you said no, I'm voting Bouwmeester because your reasoning for not allowing him is flawed. I've only seen 2 Bouwmeester jerseys that I recall -- and I was looking out for them because I'm gonna get one of the new jerseys with his name on it.
Don't get me wrong.. I love Bouwmeester. But up here in Canada, if you go to a hockey store.. there's only 3 or 4 Pre-Made Florida jerseys.. [They come at a cheaper price than customizing..]

You can get Bouwmeester & Jokinen. And some stores still have clearance deals on Luongo jerseys.

Most customized jerseys uphere cost around $180. For one Bouwmeester jersey already made, I can get for like $110. Just a better deal to go this way.

Not to mention, for that reason alone, if anyone up here is wearing a Florida jersey it's Bouwmeester or Luongo, usually.

Old
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
I used to have a Vanbiesbrouck jersey, and when we got Bure, I was thinking of getting his name put on the jersey, but I didnt. This day and age, with the way players get traded, its not safe for practically anyone. Maybe a handful of players as an exception. I have the Panthers blue jersey, and I have an authentic Reebok White Panthers jersey, but if I was to get a name, I'd probably get Bouwmeester.
I don't mind if a player gets traded, it doesn't bother me as much. If I was to get a Habs jersey (my favourite team).. and the player left within a year, I'd likely be upset. As for Florida, who I like a lot, but isn't my favourite team.. for the 1-2 games I might see a year, I don't mind wearing a jersey of say; Luongo or Stumpel.

Old
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
timetraveler023
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I've only seen one or two Bouwmeester jerseys myself, and both were at games.

First jersey I ever got was one of those short sleeved Bure jerseys as a Chrismtas present. Jokinen aside, Horton and Bouwmeester are the names that people think of when they think of the Panthers. So my vote's on Horton.

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Other, if you want classic go with Vanbiesbrouck. If you want something more current, Belfour.

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bouwmeester.. I doubth there are too many of those. I bet Bure or Beezer are the most weared Panthers jersey at the arena. Could be wrong.. How should I know.. lol..

Anyways.. Off the list Id go with our future captain Weiss

Im gonna get a Weiss jersey some day

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Do you not have hockey shops around that do it for you? Theres one around the corner from me that'll do it for like $20-$30.. I got the jersey for $25.. so good deal all around.

You can also order packages off Ebay for like... I think.. $20-$25.. and you pick out the name and number.. its authentic.. If you win the auction, they send you whatever name and # you want, and you can sew it on.
I've been looking on ebay for awhile now and haven't seen any lately. The Panthers store at the arena have nameplates, but they're pre-made and they no longer have Laus. Do have any other sites you know of?

This is Florida, the game is catching on, but there's not a whole lot of stores around that would do that.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 02:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I've been looking on ebay for awhile now and haven't seen any lately. The Panthers store at the arena have nameplates, but they're pre-made and they no longer have Laus. Do have any other sites you know of?

This is Florida, the game is catching on, but there's not a whole lot of stores around that would do that.
I'll ask the local store store, and see how much it would cost and give you an estimate if you'd like. (Just the name and # right?)..

Laus ... #3? I'm not sure..

Old
06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I'll ask the local store store, and see how much it would cost and give you an estimate if you'd like. (Just the name and # right?)..

Laus ... #3? I'm not sure..
That's it. Laus nameplate in Panther colors (red jersey), #3 for the sleeves and back. Thanks man, that'd be awesome if something could get worked out.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 03:43 PM
catfan927

Send a message via AIM to catfan927
I have far to many jersey's with players names who have been traded away, usually the year after I got the jersey, so I will NEVER buy another named J again. If I win them or they are given to me thats one thing. However I only put my name and the #27 (my bday) on the J's I own. One of the coolest was the one done by a female friend of mine. She has her baby sons name on the back of hers with one sleeve with the month, the other sleeve has the date, and the back is the year. I like it.

Last edited by catfan927: 06-11-2007 at 05:34 PM.
catfan927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

To answer the OT: get your favorite players number, with your name on the back.

The year before last I bought my boys their first jerseys at Pantherland. We had them customized (which cost almost as much as the jersey did!). We had Camden's number as #4 (JBow), with "CAM" put on it, and Ty's number was #2. They've since outgrown their jerseys, but we had them autographed by the team at last year's Carnival, so they're in display cases now. This year, we're going to let them pick their own numbers.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Optimist*

I dont think players get traded that often. Bo, Horton, Weiss, Jokinen, they have all been here awhile and should end up signing long term deals.

Optimist* is offline   Reply With Quote