HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Jackets to announce major transaction

Old
06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

vCash: 500
Jackets to announce major transaction

CD - Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH

GM Doug Emerson in a pre-draft presser this morning had this to say:

"Yes, the Blue Jackets have agreed to terms on a trade. No, we won't be announcing details until tomorrow, once the players involved have been notified. Yes, I said players. No, I think we'll let the other team involved make the first announcement - I know how important these things are to their GM."

Emerson also commented that the Jackets are excited to have three picks in the first round in this weekend's entry draft.

"People can say what they want about the quality and depth of this draft, but there are always prospects available who can make a difference to your franchise, you just have to do the work, have the patience and make smart decisions. We don't see that being any less the case this year - we're confident that we'll be adding valuable pieces to our system."

Milo Minderbinder
Columbus Discoverer

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

CD - Nationwide Arena - Columbus, OH

"Well, that didn't take long", GM Doug Emerson quipped on news that the Buffalo Sabres and their GM, Joshua Pitt, had already announced the terms of a trade with Columbus.

The Jackets' veteran GM, known for significant trades in the off-season, added to hie repertoir today with a 6-player swap with the team that beat his Jacket sout for the Stanley Cup just one year ago.

"Yes, I can confirm that we've received approval on a trade with the Sabres that sees franchise defenceman Joni Pitkanen leaving town in a multiplayer trade. Joining Pitkanen in Buffalo is recent addition - and another favourite of mine - Matt Pettinger. These are two quality young players with a lot of hockey and a lot of upside in them, I think they'll both be premier talents in this league, and I wish them all the best with the Sabres.

"At the end of the day, Pitt just made us an offer we couldn't refuse."

Coming to the Jackets are veteran top-line pivot Olli Jokinen, stay-at-home anchor Scott Hannan, and youngsters Lukas Krajicek and Nikolai Zherdev. The Jackets also receive Buffalo's first-round pick in 2008, thought to be a much stronger draft class than this year's.

"We get five quality assets back in this deal. Jokinen and Hannan are just entering their prime, and should be top players in this league for years to come. They'll both be eligible for free agency after this coming season, but we're confident we can make room for them in our salary structure.

"Quite honestly, we were concerned about the need to get a veteran centerman to push Henny (Henrik Sedin), and didn't like the looks of our options in free agency. Now we can use the summer signing period to take care of other concerns.

"We also get two younger players back in the defenceman, Krajicek, and Nikolai Zherdev, who was taken in the top 5 just four years ago. We think they're both starting to find their way in the HFNHL: Krajicek is blossoming into a quality puck-mover at the backend, and Zherdev has all the tools of a premier goal scorer on the wing -- but don't get me wrong: even if he doesn't live up to his superstar potential, we believe this is still a strong win for Columbus. Plus we get another first-round draft pick for next season. We've gone a long way through this transaction to shore up the strength and depth of our organisation, and we couldn't be more excited."

The players will have time to get themselves moved and acclimated to the Buckeye state; training camp doesn't open for another three months.

On news of the trade, a visibly disappointed Pitkanen had this to offer: "Well, how they say in English? If you can't beat them..."

Milo Minderbinder
COlumbus Discoverer

Old
06-12-2007, 01:56 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Jesus.....did you at least buy dinner?

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Jesus.....did you at least buy dinner?
Naw, made him pick up the cheque. What can I say? I'm a lousy date.

Old
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Naw, made him pick up the cheque. What can I say? I'm a lousy date.
yes you are. the central division just got tougher again and the preds will feel it next season

which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
Fan.At is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan.At View Post
yes you are. the central division just got tougher again and the preds will feel it next season
If we made it easy on you, you wouldn't place the same value on your eventual success.

Don't worry - Drew will have to blow things up in Detroit one of these years...