HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Hurricanes hire Allen as General Manager

Old
06-12-2007, 01:45 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Hurricanes hire Allen as General Manager

Following the tragic loss of former General Manager Dion Ong, the Hurricanes announced the hiring today of the man who would fill his shoes; Trent Allen.

Allen comes to the Hurricanes looking to build off of a 47-win, 105 point season, good for fourth overall in the league.

"I'm thrilled and honored to be joining both the Hurricanes and the HFNHL," said Allen. "The HFNHL has a proud legacy and I look forward to contributing to it."

Allen is joined by Assistant General Manager Kurt Fulmore. Fulmore and Allen have been linked for several years in various minor leagues, and are currently Co-Commissioners of the Western Canadian Hockey League.

"I'm excited to be a part of the Hurricanes organization. This is a team which has proven their desire to be a winner and I feel myself and Trent bring the needed work ethic, determination and drive to push Carolina over the top and towards our ultimate goal of a Stanley Cup," Fulmore said.

Fulmore is expected to handle the bulk of the contractual duties for the Hurricanes, while Allen will work extensively with the scouting department. The scouts are the group which will see the first bit of work under the Allen regime, as the Entry Draft is slated to go on Sunday.

"It's to late to discuss a change in philosophy at this point," said Allen. "I'll met with the scouts tomorrow and get an idea on who they are looking at, but at the end of the day this is what they are paid to do and it'll be their show to run."

The team will also be busy working on resigning free agents in advance of the free agency period. The prime player on that list figures to be Craig Conroy. The 35-year-old center tallied 65 points in 83 games last year, including 19 in 33 games as a Hurricane.

"It'll be a busy period for us as we look to move forward with the process and keep going with the momentum generated last year," said Allen. "I think fans can expect a good season next year as well."

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Hey all. My name is Trent Allen, as the press release above states, and I am really excited to be in this league. I remember applying year ago, back before HFboards was even on this style of board, which is many moons ago for those who can recall back to then. I have been involved with to many leagues to count since then, several of which I stayed in for years and years. My own league, the WCHL, has been running for just short of 4 years now and we are in our seventh season.

Outside of the sim world, I'm a father of two with another one due any day now and am a huge fan of the Los Angeles Kings. I'm even proud enough to type that on a public message board, so either I'm a hard core fan or just a nut case.

Kurt will come on when he has some time and comment on himself in more detail, but his sim league experience is basically on par with my own and he is also a father of one son. We are both from The Pas, Manitoba, Canada.

Anyone wanting to talk trade can do so with either myself or Kurt, though we both will have to approve a trade before we do it. My MSN e-mail is fantasy_gm@hotmail.com and Kurt's is kfulmore@mts.net It'd be a big help if everyone could add us and save us the effort of having to add all 29 other GM's.

We won't be doing any trades for at least a few days as we go over the team and decide on a course of action.

Once again, thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this great league and I look forward to taking a HFNHL crown home very soon.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Donga

Trent and Kurt, welcome aboard. I hope you guys do well with my former team. I hope you guys give it to the rest of the guys in the league like you have done with your WCHL teams.

For the rest of the guys, I know these two chaps and they are frighteningly good. They are both active GM's. Kurt is the smarter of the two.

Oh yeah one point of note Trent, you won't be able to get away with icing an AHL team like you have done in the WCHL.

I've definitely set both of you guys up with ok prospects in Phaneuf and Ovechkin.

Good luck with it. I hope to toast a cup with you guys soon. Thats if you guys don't tear the team down and rebuild it again.

If you guys want inside scoop on the league, don't afraid to drop me a line on my msn. You both still have it right?

Donga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 02:01 AM
chump06

Welcome aboard, you have taken over a very strong team regardless on whether you keep all your old boys. We are all deeply moved by Dion's tragic (HFNHL) passing, I am sure you will continue his teams legacy.

Don't let Luongo get you down...

chump06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Welcome gentlemen! you have big shoes to fill for sure

which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!

Last edited by Fan.At: 06-12-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Fan.At is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 04:05 AM
PasiK

Send a message via MSN to PasiK
Welcome

I wanted also Carolina, but SJ aint bad team

good luck and enjoy the league, this one looks very good league

PasiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Welcome to the Jungle Boys!

Have fun and I look forward to dealing with you guys!

SensGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:38 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Once again, thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this great league and I look forward to taking a HFNHL crown home very soon.
Welcome aboard fellas!

Last edited by SPG: 06-12-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Edited to make Douglas happy!
SPG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Looking forward to seeing you gentlemen at the draft! Make sure to contact Tony Kapfenberger (Nashville GM) for your Chat id and password.

Doug Emerson
GM CBJ

[EDIT: Gaffney - was it necessary to quote the entire post just to say "Welcome aboard fellas!"?? ]

[EDITED AGAIN: Thanks, Sean - just givin' you the gears! ]

Last edited by Ohio Jones: 06-12-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Welcome aboard!! Great first post and we look forward to having you guys as part of the league.

For any contract negotiations, you should e-mail the HFNHL's official player agent, Reggie Swingstein, at reggieswing@sympatico.ca. Details on format of offers and rules are included in the rule book off the home page.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

Welcome guys. Cool to see another tandem in the league!

Brock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donga View Post
Trent and Kurt, welcome aboard. I hope you guys do well with my former team. I hope you guys give it to the rest of the guys in the league like you have done with your WCHL teams.

For the rest of the guys, I know these two chaps and they are frighteningly good. They are both active GM's. Kurt is the smarter of the two.

Oh yeah one point of note Trent, you won't be able to get away with icing an AHL team like you have done in the WCHL.

I've definitely set both of you guys up with ok prospects in Phaneuf and Ovechkin.

Good luck with it. I hope to toast a cup with you guys soon. Thats if you guys don't tear the team down and rebuild it again.

If you guys want inside scoop on the league, don't afraid to drop me a line on my msn. You both still have it right?
I resent the term 'AHL team.' Dion.

It's definately more ECHL caliber. Maybe even UHL.

I don't think I have you on MSN anymore, at least I haven't seen you on in a long time. What's your MSN addy again, so I can check or readd you?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
kasper11

Welcome Gents.

My team has risen from the dead about the same time as the Canes (we were 1-2 in the draft in '03, 1-2 in the conference this year).

Best of luck.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Looking forward to seeing you gentlemen at the draft! Make sure to contact Tony Kapfenberger (Nashville GM) for your Chat id and password.

Doug Emerson
GM CBJ

[EDIT: Gaffney - was it necessary to quote the entire post just to say "Welcome aboard fellas!"?? ]
LOL - probably not

Edit - is that better Douglas?

Last edited by SPG: 06-12-2007 at 11:40 AM.
SPG is online now   Reply With Quote