HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Audette?

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 04:27 PM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Audette?

Word is the Habs are going to put Audette on waivers.

The NHLPA's website has him at 3 million, which is awfully rich, but it'd be pro-rated (so 1.5m) and perhaps Lowe could convince the Habs to pick up part of his salary?

I haven't seen many Canadiens games in the last couple of years, so maybe he's more done than I think, but could he perhaps help the recently anemic offence? Or would he just cause even more of a logjam on the RW with Hemsky and Dvorak? (I assume the Oilers wouldn't pick him up to replace Pisani or Laraque.)

Old
12-26-2003, 04:30 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
Word is the Habs are going to put Audette on waivers.

The NHLPA's website has him at 3 million, which is awfully rich, but it'd be pro-rated (so 1.5m) and perhaps Lowe could convince the Habs to pick up part of his salary?

I haven't seen many Canadiens games in the last couple of years, so maybe he's more done than I think, but could he perhaps help the recently anemic offence? Or would he just cause even more of a logjam on the RW with Hemsky and Dvorak? (I assume the Oilers wouldn't pick him up to replace Pisani or Laraque.)
AUdette has turned into a dog that needs to be walked. The Oilers should and likely will pass.

Old
12-26-2003, 05:20 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
if he can score then its not a bad idea picking him up but where to play him??

in any case oilers should let him slide down, im sure he can be had for a 9th pick or something stupid if nobody picks him up off waivers, meanwhile give Rita the shot.

Old
12-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Heater15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
if he can score

Then the Habs wouldn't be putting him on waivers. As a Habs fan i say pick AND ONLY because i don't wanna see him in a Habs jersey anymore. He is a waste of the Oilers time, money and future. There have to be better players available for not much so you would be best to get him out of your mind.

Old
12-26-2003, 05:40 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
hehe maybe i never made myself clear on that, if he can still hit the target well and not worry about the rest of his game then...

Old
12-26-2003, 06:33 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
if he can score then its not a bad idea picking him up but where to play him??

in any case oilers should let him slide down, im sure he can be had for a 9th pick or something stupid if nobody picks him up off waivers, meanwhile give Rita the shot.
Well, that was my original question: even if he was worth taking a chance on, he'd likely need top 2 line ice time to produce, and he wouldn't be an upgrade over either Dvo or Hemsky.

I doubt Lowe would take a chance on this, unless he seriously hedged his bets somehow.

Old
12-26-2003, 07:52 PM
LawnDemon

please, oh please... if there is anything left with the oilers that is good and decent... please let any discussion revolving the acquisition of audette die here and now!

Old
12-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
please, oh please... if there is anything left with the oilers that is good and decent... please let any discussion revolving the acquisition of audette die here and now!
Too bad, I'm continuing it.

But I agree with you, getting Audette would be foolhardy at best. It's clear he has little or no passion for the game at all. Even if the Habs were to engineer a trade for him and convinced Gainey to eat half the salary...that's still too much money for what Audette does, or in this case, doesn't do.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:08 AM
Master Lok

Horrible wretched idea. A dude with no heart, no hands and too much money. How has this model ever fit into the Oiler plan? You thought Dopita was a bad risk...

Old
12-27-2003, 07:49 AM
windowlicker

Early on in his career, he was a speedy short forward who created things with his speed. Its almost 2004, and hes lost his legs. Hes now short and slow....not a good combination.

Old
12-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Hyped

Audette has somewhat been in Edmonton's system before (Hamilton last year). I think if the Oilers brass in the minors had seen even a glimpse of anything from Audette back then, they would have already picked him up for dirt cheap this year. Word around the league is he is a very hard guy to get along with. I wouldn't expect to see Donald in Oilers colors anytime soon...

Old
12-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Gainey is apparently willing to eat half of Audette's $1.5 million remaining on the deal. Still, I can't see any takers for this guy. He has really lost his game. I have noticed that Audette works hard, but can't finish whatsoever. He gets chances, but doesn't make use of them.

It's funny how this guy was in the league leaders in scoring 4 years ago with the Thrashers.

Closed Thread