HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY Post-Immonen might play in Finland

Old
06-12-2007, 04:49 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
NY Post-Immonen might play in Finland

Quote:
The Post has learned that Immonen, the 25-year-old restricted free agent who failed to grab the Blueshirts' second center-spot when presented with the opportunity last winter, is on the verge of returning to his native country for a guaranteed contract far more lucrative than the two-way qualifier he'll be presented by the Rangers.
Quote:
With coach Tom Renney regularly referring to doubts about Immonen's skating and his ability to prosper in an accelerated NHL pace, there is little chance he'd be able to earn a spot on next year's club, even with Michael Nylander's status in limbo. Immonen's ship has sailed.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06122007...rry_brooks.htm

Larry wrote Bryce Lampman will also play in Finland which we already knew last week from the report out of Finland.The Rangers will not be tendering a QO to Lampman

The Rangers will retain Immonen's rights by giving him the QO which they plan on doing from reading the story

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I'm sure there is an NHL escape clause in case the Rangers can find a trading partner and that team would give him a better chance.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 05:40 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06122007...rry_brooks.htm

Larry wrote Bryce Lampman will also play in Finland which we already knew last week from the report out of Finland.The Rangers will not be tendering a QO to Lampman

The Rangers will retain Immonen's rights by giving him the QO which they plan on doing from reading the story
Why Renney has this thing about Immonen excapes me. There are a ton of players with Immonen's speed and acceleration levels.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 06:15 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Before Don Maloney went to Phoenix,he indicated Immonen may go back to Finland

Quote:
As for the next season. Maloney candidly admitted that Immonen "will probably to a hard look at going back to Europe if he feels that he is not going to get a legitimate chance in New York. We have to talk in the offseason. I think he can play in the league, it's just a matter of finding the right fit."
http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9693

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:17 AM
94now

He was a star there during the lockout. Good luck, Jarkko!

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
bathgate

I am saddened by the decision. It makes a weak spot on the team weaker.It certainly appears the team will enter the ufa market for a center or entertain trade proposals for Montoya and some backliners

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
NYROrtsFan

The reality is that a good amount of these younger guys won't amount to anything. Immo seems to be one of them. And never should a player just be given playing time. They have to earn it and Renney obviously thinks that something is lacking from his game. Its not as simple as just skating but that probably factors in.

And the Rangers should not go after both Drury and Gomez and Brooks said they will... That is just foolish...

At that point, just throw Dubinsky out there and live with the results. They bring in two guys like that from the outside and you can guarantee that they aren't winning any cup.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
TheRedressor

i would hold on to Immo and package his rights at the draft.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
And never should a player just be given playing time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
At that point, just throw Dubinsky out there and live with the results.
Seems contradictory to me.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Rangers have to be careful here, as do other teams. They do everything to develop these players and make them attractive to themselves and other teams as chips in the market, but what you dont want is to lose a player like this and get nothing in return.

Immonen can play in the NHL but i dont think its for the Rangers. They need to sure up this situation and get something back for this kid otherwise their system has just gotten weaker up the middle.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Man the Rangers messed up with him. It was a joke that they called up Dubinsky instead of giving Immonen another chance. ****ers.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Nich

eh dubinsky earned that shot and played well

but yes, we need to get something for him..i say send him to pheonix with Don...play him oon the 3rd line there, and maybe we get a 4th for him....in fact send him jarkko and rachunek's rights for a 3rd and 6th

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Man the Rangers messed up with him. It was a joke that they called up Dubinsky instead of giving Immonen another chance. ****ers.
In my opinion, Dubinsky looked a lot better than Immonen did, despite Immonen's offensive contribution (1 goal, 5 assists in 14 games last season). At times, Immonen seemed invisible, while Dubinsky was noticable almost every shift, even if he wasn't scoring.

Dubinsky played with passion and exhibited a strong desire to get to loose pucks first, win board battles, and take the body as much as possible. Great to see effort like this again. Very similar to Callahan's work ethic and 110% effort. Schoenfeld is doing an outstanding job.

Dubinsky also showed the ability to take the initiative and try to get a play started out of nothing. He only played 6 games and was held pointless with minimal ice-time, but I believe his offensive contribution has lots of potential in the NHL.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
eco's bones

Dubinsky looked the better player to me. Better pace with his skating. More involved in the play. He's 4-5 years younger--more physical and a little bigger besides. No question to me who was the more important player in the organization. This may open up the door more for someone like Pyatt.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:20 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
eh dubinsky earned that shot and played well

but yes, we need to get something for him..i say send him to pheonix with Don...play him oon the 3rd line there, and maybe we get a 4th for him....in fact send him jarkko and rachunek's rights for a 3rd and 6th
With the Finland deal in place, the only deal the Rangers could probably swing would be for future considerations (based on if he makes a NHL roster or not).

However, strictly for a player PR issue, the Rangers should take every opportunity to go out and find a suitable home for Jarkko. Return is secondary at this point. With players like Jarkko and Martin Richter, this will only make the Ranger's pitch to European prospects and UFAs only more difficult.

Lampman is a sad story as well. Losing him is no big deal, but he certainly would of played many more NHL games if he didn't always get hurt in the most inopportune times. And now a similar fear has to be projected towards Baranka. With some serious talent behind him, he is very close to being passed by if he can't stay healthy for an entire season.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:25 AM
BwayBshirt

sucks to see immonen probably gone, i think he can eventually stick in the nhl.

however, with that said he's not what is needed on the team right now. and dubinsky did look better. and cullen makes a good 3rd liner.

adios.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Speedtrials

It's too bad Jarkko didn't work out with us, because before last season I thought he was a lock to take that 2nd line spot. He did do some things well, but I just don't think he had enough of a presence to be a top two center in the NHL. He always seemed to have a good attitude, and I wish him the best of luck wherever his career takes him.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Not a big loss at all. All he ever was was a marginal prospect in my eyes.

Now let's move his rights with Rachunek's at the draft

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

damn shame.....damn shame.

he has an nhl career ahead of him, just not with this team, unfortunately we are a bit too talented at his talent level (did that make sense?)too many players who can give you the same, or more than he can. a team like Phoenix or Chicago or something might wanna take him off our hands.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 12:02 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
It must be tough to have a lifelong dream of playing in the NHL and being so close for 4 years with no change.

Finnish League isn't small potatoes though. I don't blame him, take the bigger check. It would be classy to give him a shot somewhere else.

Hey, the Sedin's are two of the slowest players in the NHL, and they're both second liners. And we had Rucchin as a second line C; he can't be much faster than Immonen.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Pyatt & Dubinsky should assume very large roles on the Wolfpack next season...

Dawes - Dubinsky - Bourret
Dupont - Pyatt - ??????

God I"m looking forward to watching some Wolfpack games next season...

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
TomLaidlaw

Is Korpedo the only player left from the Leetch trade if Immo goes to Finland?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
TheRedressor

Dawes-Dubinsky-Bourret
Korpedo-Pyatt-Jessiman
Byers-Graham-Dupont
Kozak-Helminen-Moore

Thats some good depth for the AHL.

Old
06-12-2007, 12:27 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Is Korpedo the only player left from the Leetch trade if Immo goes to Finland?

It was

Jarrko Immonen=?
Max Kondratiev=Petr Sykora
04 1st Rounder=Korpedo
05 2nd Rounder=Michael Sauer

Old
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
It must be tough to have a lifelong dream of playing in the NHL and being so close for 4 years with no change.

Finnish League isn't small potatoes though. I don't blame him, take the bigger check. It would be classy to give him a shot somewhere else.

Hey, the Sedin's are two of the slowest players in the NHL, and they're both second liners. And we had Rucchin as a second line C; he can't be much faster than Immonen.
I think that Immonen's speed is beat up on too much. it's just that he really doesn't do anything.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote