HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Day trade proposal with PHI

Old
06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
NYhawks

vCash: 500
Draft Day trade proposal with PHI

To Phi: Hawks #1 pick(first overall) 2007, Jack Skille

To Chi: Philly #1 (second overall pick 2007), Jeff Carter

The Hawks get a center they have coveted for a year to center the first line, then would pick JVR at #2 to replace the power forward in Jack Skille.

The Flyers get Pat Kane, a player Holmgren and staff think highly. Also, they get a prototypical flyer in Jack Skille.

Works well for both teams. Thoughts?

NYhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYhawks View Post

The Hawks get a center they have coveted for a year to center the first line, then would pick JVR at #2 to replace the power forward in Jack Skille.

The Flyers get Pat Kane, a player Holmgren and staff think highly. Also, they get a prototypical flyer in Jack Skille.

The problems would be
a) I think this is weighed in Chicago's favour. I don't think the difference between the 1st and 2nd picks in this draft is equal to the difference in value between Skille and Carter.

b) If the Flyers trade Carter all they have left in centre prospects are Richards, Umberger and Downie none of whom project to being first line talent.

I think what would make sense for both teams would be Chicago's first for Philly's first and Nashville's first/Philly's 2nd round pick.

Flyers take Kane who will eventually play with Carter and Hawks select Turris so they can have a 1/2 punch in a few years with Toews.

Last edited by Zim: 06-12-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Carter won't be moved. Simple as that.

06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
I agree in the fact Carter is untouchable from a Flyers standpoint. But I'll be honest i'd do that trade in a second. If the Blackhawks plan to f up and not take Kane they better move down to at least #2 and take who they want.

If the Hawks are not taking Kane they should make sure Kane does go first overall no matter what by trading down a spot or two.

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:07 AM
MojoJojo

In this draft, the 1st overall pick = 2nd overall pick + 4th round draft pick value wise. Next year with Tavares in the mix will be different. You get Kane, we get Turris or vice versa. I dont really care either way. The difference is no where near enough to trade Carter for Skille. If you want to trade your #1, look for teams out of the top 5 or 6, because thats where the real drop off in talent occurs.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
In this draft, the 1st overall pick = 2nd overall pick + 4th round draft pick value wise. Next year with Tavares in the mix will be different. You get Kane, we get Turris or vice versa. I dont really care either way. The difference is no where near enough to trade Carter for Skille. If you want to trade your #1, look for teams out of the top 5 or 6, because thats where the real drop off in talent occurs.
Ok i agree that there isn't a lot value wise to gain from going #2-#1 but it is more than a 4th round pick. I'm pretty sure Tavares is a 2009 draftee. Stamkos will likely go #1 next year.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
ShowmeHawks

PHI-CHI Trade

Zim is correct.Stamkos in 2008 and Tavares in 2009.

2008/2009 Draft via TSN

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Stuy

Well if Philly was sure there getting Briere then maybe this deal is offered. But as a Blackhawks fan I'd do it in a second.

Although it is our first ever 1st overall pick so in a way I hope we do make it and not trade it away. But then again if a deal like this comes along you probably have to say screw it and take Carter.

06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYhawks View Post

interesting proposal, but I might buck the trend and say I wouldnt do it as a Hawks fan.

I like Carter, but I dont think he is going to be elite. Just my worthless opinion, but he didnt impress me this past year....(played on a crap team, but so did Havlat, and who wasnt impressed by that elite talent?) And I will use the word "potential" here..zim knows what I am talking about here!! Skille has tons of potential, and in all honesty he has a good shot at being a better player then Carter. not right now, but in a few years he could really be a Billy Guerin in his prime type player.

Now

In reality, Philly wouldnt do this deal because a team that was as bad as them cant afford to trade a player who has contributed now for them, to get someone like Skille who should make the NHL this year, but maybe 2-3 years away before we see his real impact.

Also, the difference between #1 and #2 can still be huge. If Kane goes number 1 there is no gaurantee that the second overall pick will amount to beans. I think Kane is an elite talent, but if you trade away Kane to get JVR or Voracek or whoever, and you watch Kane lite it up in Philly, I think that would be very hard to swallow.

Philly wouldnt do this trade because it doesnt help them right now (unless Kane steps in and is a roty candidate), and I know it doesnt make sense, but I wouldnt do this trade as a Hawks fan either. I am not sold on anyone not named Pat Kane in this draft, I would hate for the next 15 years and have to watch him tear us and the league up and know we SHOULD have drafted him.

Now instead of Skille switch it to Barker, and you have yourself a deal!! hahaha..watch the threats come at me now!!

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
nuckfan insk

when will peope realize there isnt a clear cut #1 in this draft and there is no crosby or franchise player. the fact that its the #1 pick does not make it worth as much as years past

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Philly wouldn't make this deal because Carter is a more talented player then Skille. Skille might become a better two-way player, but that's several years and fifty plus goals for Carter away from today.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote