HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fit to be tied

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 07:52 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Fit to be tied

Wings tie Minnesota 2-2.

• If the NHL isn't careful, the Better Business Bureau make penalize the league and it's minnesota team for false advertising. There is absolutely nothing *Wild* about this Minnesota team.

• Boring as they are, you must respect a defense as miserly as the Wild's. What was their record? Just ONE loss when leading after two periods in like 50 some games?
Ouch.

• You know, Pavel Datsyuk is much better when Brett Hull actually decides to try. Hull was a liability out there tonight.

• Kris Draper scored the kind of goal that won't make ESPN highlights. But it's the kind of goal coaches would love to show their players. Great goal. And we needed it.

• Niklas Kronwall is playing better defense than Jiri Fischer who, outside a few hits, really looked lost tonight. I believe that was him floating around near the circles while Walz was tapping in that Schultz pass at the side of the net.
Kronwall, along with strong positional defense, is also really making things happen offensive by jumping into the play, making nice passes, and keeping the puck in at the blueline.

• Wow. You know, Cujo played very well tonight. Especially in periods one and two, when the Wings made some really careless plays and seemed to forget about positional hockey. Still, 3 goal posts and a cross bar.

• For the first two periods of this game, Yzerman was awful. Giveaways all over the place. Falling down with the puck. Terrible drop passes.
But he was pretty dangerous in the third. So hopefully he's coming around and feeling more comfy out there.
Still, I can't believe that he's getting more icetime than Datsyuk.
Lewis is an idiot.
Yzerman should be getting 12-16 minutes a night. He should be getting nights off.
He's going to be worn out or injured by playoff time. And if he is, you Lewis lovers better be ready to eat your freakin' words.

• Note to Mark Mowers ... I know you're on the fourth line, but dude, if you want to keep your spot in the NHL, you've got show a little more effort out there.

• LOST: MY SHOT
If found soon, Contact Jason Williams in Detroit. If found in February or later, contact Jason Williams in Grand Rapids (or wherever the waiver wire takes him.)

• I bag on Matthieu Dandenualt a lot. But you know, I like him out there with Maltby and Draper. Man, is that line fast.
Over the years I've found many faults with his game (Can't pass, can't shoot, can't skate backwards). Today I found another. The guy can not take a bank pass off of the boards. He simply can't do it.

• He hasn't been scoring as often lately, but Brendan Shanahan continues to impress me with hard work along the boards (at both ends of the ice).

• Matt Schneider is one dirty SOB, isn't he? He uses that stick a helluva lot more than I thought.

• St. Louis keeps up by coming back to tie Colorado. That makes the always tough Black Hawks even more important Sunday.

Old
12-29-2003, 03:53 PM
dats-13

vCash: 500
serves the wild right to score on themselves...i hope gabby puts up a hat trick vs roloson next game....they're killing hockey

Closed Thread